Boston Summer Arts Weekend closer, Alison Krauss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Boston Summer Arts Weekend closer, Alison Krauss

I'll keep this brief, as it would simply be a string of never-ending superlatives to describe Alison Krauss' 75-minute set in Boston's Copley Place on Sunday, so I'll spare you.  :)

Her voice is like a perfectly tuned instrument.   Flawless.    Sweet as honey.   What was special about the concert is that she played deeper cuts from her albums, and from that standpoint, I'm not sure some of her newish fans knew many of the songs.   (Note to DD:  she sang "Down to the River to Pray", and it was sublime and got a lot of cheers since it is one of the more recognizable songs that she's popularized).   The concert was true blue grass; the most "rockin" elements were the instrumentals.   

Krauss also sat out a few songs to allow her two accompanying band mates (billed as "friends") to sing songs on their own.   Nice touch.   The three also played a couple of instrumentals which were bluegrass heaven.    As much as I love her voice, Krauss' fiddle playing is so pro, can you ever get enough of it?    

She's just a sweet, low-key, sincere, phenomenally talented and simply gorgeous person.   

PS Sound system was not the best, but she made the best of it.    Nice day, not a raindrop in sight,  not unbearably hot, and all around, could not have been nicer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Boston Summer Arts Weekend closer, Alison Krauss

Sounds great. Wish I could have been there. I love everything about her.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Boston Summer Arts Weekend closer, Alison Krauss

Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm currently working on my 6th and 7th shows in the past two weeks, so something had to give...  :P

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."  - GC

Sections
Shortcuts