Calling All Hard Rockers and Metal Heads

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Calling All Hard Rockers and Metal Heads

In Response to Re: Calling All Hard Rockers and Metal Heads:
    [QUOTE]My college roommate had two albums that blew me away. They were both by Rush, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. I had heard of the band but had never listened to any of their albums, now I own them all! Red Barchetta, if I had to pick one, is the song that caught my attention.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's one of their best.  Very cool song.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Hard Rockers and Metal Heads:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling All Hard Rockers and Metal Heads : Yeah that's one of their best.  Very cool song.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]Nice to see a canadian band getting some love eh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

"Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones is not Metal but in my opinion definitely hard rock.  It was one of the first to grab my attention.  Jaeger's wild voice and the blaring sax did it for me.  Plus in the lyrics, he was railing against certain attitudes.
           Just because a song is old doesn't mean it can't be hard rock.  Heck, maybe 400 years ago some disgruntled peasant could have been giving a concert while screaming his brains out about some injustice and going stark raving bozo on his mandolin. Right after that, the Sherriff of Nottingham had him thrown in the dungeon for being a hard rocker or some other equivalent label.      

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

On further consideration, I have to amend what I said above in my second paragraph.  Really hard rock and heavy metal were not performed enough to be noted as musical historical categories until specific time periods when they became more prevalent.  So I can see the opposite argument to what I said above.  I was just trying to present an alternative point of view and present something controversial.  Not be contradictory.