Can you guess who this is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Can you guess who this is?

This performer is the the first person in music History to have 2 albums  appear at number 1 and 2 simultaneously on the Billboard Pop Music chart. This feat wasn't replicated until much later.  Here's a hint, the Oscars...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: Can you guess who this is?

Okay, I have no idea, but I'm going to make a wild guess based on the hint:

Paul McCartney because he did "Live and Let Die" for one of the Bond movies, and I'm guessing the soundtrack charted well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Elton John.........????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My guess would be Barbara Striesand

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Hint #2 this performer has won three grammy's, and was big on Saturday.

Good guesses all, but not yet. Mojo, I too would have guessed her had I not known the answer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I was going to say Elvis,but I don't think he's ever won an Oscar.Now that you gave the second hint,I think I know who it is.I don't want to give it away,but if it's who I think it is,the performers significant other was on the TV Show "McHale's Navy" and was later accused of murder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is?:
    [QUOTE]I was going to say Elvis,but I don't think he's ever won an Oscar.Now that you gave the second hint,I think I know who it is.I don't want to give it away,but if it's who I think it is,the performers significant other was on the TV Show "McHale's Navy" and was later accused of murder.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

This performer never won an Oscar, but has appeared on the show. I'm pretty sure it's not who you think it is, but I'm really not sure who you think it is...LOL.

I'm going to keep this question up for a while, see if anyone can guess..It took me really by surprise when I read it.. That's the last hint, Someone who you would never really expect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : This performer never won an Oscar, but has appeared on the show, and I'm pretty sure it's not who you think it is, though I'm not really sure who you think it is.. LOL
    Posted by polar123[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Andy Williams.He had a variety show and was an accomplished singer.He was also married to Claudette Longet who was on McHale's Navy(as a Tim Conway love interest) and later accused of murdering her then boyfriend in Colorado.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

The Beatles "Meet the Beatles" and "Introducing the Beatles" They also have the distinction of having the # 1,2,3, 4 and 5 singles on the top 100 chart at the same time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : I thought it was Andy Williams.He had a variety show and was an accomplished singer.He was also married to Claudette Longet who was on McHale's Navy(as a Tim Conway love interest) and later accused of murdering her then boyfriend in Colorado.  

Claudine Longet.

ANd her boyfriend had an odd name -- maybe Spider Savage?  (I'm trying to recall without resorting to google.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Hint #2 this performer has won three grammy's, and was big on Saturday

Posted by polar123   editor messed up   :(

---------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean Saturday Night Live?   

Tony Bennett ?  -- no, he has to have many more than just three Grammy awards.    Can't be.  

ETA:  John Willams. ??   He must have 50 Grammy Awards.  :D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : Claudine Longet. ANd her boyfriend had an odd name -- maybe Spider Savage?  (I'm trying to recall without resorting to google.)
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected.Her name was Claudine and not Claudette. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : [QUOTE]Hint #2 this performer has won three grammy's, and was big on Saturday .  Posted by polar123   editor messed up   :( --------------------------------------------------------------- Do you mean Saturday Night Live?    Tony Bennett ?  -- no, he has to have many more than just three Grammy awards.    Can't be.   ETA:  John Willams. ??   He must have 50 Grammy Awards.  :D
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

When it comes to Saturday night live,I think Eddie Murphy was nominated for 3 Grammys,but only won once.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : [QUOTE]Hint #2 this performer has won three grammy's, and was big on Saturday .  Posted by polar123   editor messed up   :( --------------------------------------------------------------- Do you mean Saturday Night Live?    Tony Bennett ?  -- no, he has to have many more than just three Grammy awards.    Can't be.   ETA:  John Willams. ??   He must have 50 Grammy Awards.  :D
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Nope, none of the above... One last hint, and this should do it-- He spent his saturday's with Emily....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This is truly a wild guess ... Chevy Chase?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ahhhh ... The funny man himself,Mr. Bob Newhart

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhhh ... The funny man himself,Mr. Bob Newhart

YUP. You got it Mojo congrats!

Newhart came to prominence in the 1960s when his album of comedic monologues The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart was a worldwide bestseller and reached #1 on the Billboard pop music charts—it remains the 20th best-selling comedy album in history.[8] The follow-up album, The Button-Down Mind Strikes Back! was also a massive success, and both albums held the Billboard #1 and #2 spots simultaneously, a feat unequaled until the 1991 release of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II by hard rock band Guns N' Roses.[6]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Ohhhh.  Been watching some old re-runs of old shows lately.  

Bob Neuhardt??   This can't be it.   But Emily is his wife.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : YUP. You got it Mojo congrats! Newhart came to prominence in the 1960s when his album of comedic monologues The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart was a worldwide bestseller and reached #1 on the Billboard pop music charts—it remains the 20th best-selling comedy album in history. [ 8 ] The follow-up album, The Button-Down Mind Strikes Back! was also a massive success, and both albums held the Billboard #1 and #2 spots simultaneously, a feat unequaled until the 1991 release of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II by hard rock band Guns N' Roses . [ 6 ]

Pretty sneaky.  :D  Alas.   Time to get offline and study up.    :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : YUP. You got it Mojo congrats! Newhart came to prominence in the 1960s when his album of comedic monologues The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart was a worldwide bestseller and reached #1 on the Billboard pop music charts—it remains the 20th best-selling comedy album in history. [ 8 ] The follow-up album, The Button-Down Mind Strikes Back! was also a massive success, and both albums held the Billboard #1 and #2 spots simultaneously, a feat unequaled until the 1991 release of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II by hard rock band Guns N' Roses . [ 6 ]

Awesome!!  I wasn't even thinking of comedy albums, even though I knew his first album was a huge success.

But, out of curiosity, what did this have to do with the Oscars?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : Awesome!!  I wasn't even thinking of comedy albums, even though I knew his first album was a huge success. But, out of curiosity, what did this have to do with the Oscars?
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I thought with him being an actor as well as a comic it might make it easier to put it all together. Maybe the Oscars hint was a little confusing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you guess who this is? : I thought with him being an actor as well as a comic it might make it easier to put it all together. Maybe the Oscars hint was a little confusing.

Might have been better off with the Emmy's instead of Oscars as he was more known for his TV roles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Bob Newhart did a fine job acting in the movie Hell Is For Heroes.  Cool little WWII flick directed by Don Siegel.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

I am a huge fan of Bob Newhart.

Sections
Shortcuts