Category: MUSIC (why was the sticky re: Forum Changes removed?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Category: MUSIC (why was the sticky re: Forum Changes removed?)

Why was the sticky re: Forum Changes removed?   

In any event, please change the category of this form to: MUSIC.  

We don't, and have never had, a "General" category here; makes no sense.  

Thanks.  

This is how it corrently appears:  

Category: General  

Forum: Arts & Entertainment

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Category: MUSIC (why was the sticky re: Forum Changes removed?)

Looks like you've added a layer of categorization to all of the forums, actually.

My bad for not noticing.   

It's an unnecessary layer, IMO, but if it's standardized across all of the forums, and it's now built into the infrastructure, and not an oversight, then that's fine.  I found it very confusing as it pertains to adding a thread -- but will get over it.  :)  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

I guess the idea is to provide the ability to subdivide the threads into different groupings.  Of course, we don't really like 'labels' too much here so the extra layer probably isn't so useful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I miss the "edit post" tab more than anything. I sure hope it's return is not delayed for too long.

My typing is atrocious, I never learned this skill until I was confronted with the internet. At that point it was "sink or swim."

I have been learning to "swim" for about 6 years now. I have progressed rather well, but I still have a long way to go...speed and accuracy wise.

So bear with my typos and mistakes until the "edit" tab returns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

So far, I hate the changes!

I like to see the caption thread and take it from there.

It's safe to say Zilla isn't the only one that needs the "edit" button either...

Here's what I think happend:

BDC Employee #1: Hey everyone seems to enjoy being able to post comments here.

BDC Employee #2: Yah, I see that....look at all the post's

BDC Employee #3: Hmmmmmmm

BDC Employee #4: Hmmmmmm

BDC Employee #5: Hmmmmm

BDC Employee #6: Hmmmm

BDC Employee #7: Hmmm

BDC Employee #8: Hm

BDC Employee #9: Hm

BDC Employee #1: I've got a great idea, I've got an idea, let's change the format that everyone is acuustomed to!

BDC Employees #2 - #9: Great idea!

- CHANGES MADE -

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

They got rid of my avatar too!

Those infidels!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The avatar thing is a fluke, it seems that some posters got switched back to whatever avatar they had a few months ago,  I complained down in talk to BDC and it got switched back within a few hours!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Not liking this at all.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

I see 5 threads total.  FIVE!

Thats quite a hit

We have to click on the "more General Discussions" link to expand our list.  It's not automatic to see the entire page anymore.    That's a convention I have never seen on any boards, and by that I mean, it's not very user-friendly.  Blech.  

We are sensitive artistic people on this forum, for crying out loud.  :D

The threads we did the day of the cutover are gone, b/c I was looking for the American composers thread, and that one disappeared.  NOT good to poof a post on anything that was made in America right now ...  :P

And the Deep Purple tribute album post is also gone.  Also NOT good, b/c I wanted to listen to some of those songs.   I'll consider re-posting when I am more awake (not now ... zzzzzzz).  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

a leitheid de phracas agus Fubar'. :)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The nayghty word screener is beyond bad.  It makes stuff up, and then lies to you.  Thats amazing

Doesn't look like much has improveed.  

Would it have been a good idea to have created a forum at the TOP of the forums page, above BOOKS -- and called it BDC Transition -- so that all of the comments could have been visible and easily accessed in ONE place?   

There are threads all over the forums, and we don't even know if BDC is reading them, or responding.   Very frustrating, and what's more, it would be so much easier and more efficient for them if the comments were centralized.  

It was a long weekend, granted, and it's typically quiet here on the weekends, but I hope it hasn't become too discouraging to post.   It's not that bad, as long as you don't use certain letters (like "eighch") or reply to posts (it seems that there's no embedded code anymore?) and just find a work-around.  Seems most of the forums are functioning okay, even without the EDIT button (bummer).  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

The nayghty word screener is beyond bad.  It makes stuff up, and then lies to you.  Thats amazing

Doesn't look like much has improveed.  

Would it have been a good idea to have created a forum at the TOP of the forums page, above BOOKS -- and called it BDC Transition -- so that all of the comments could have been visible and easily accessed in ONE place?   

There are threads all over the forums, and we don't even know if BDC is reading them, or responding.   Very frustrating, and what's more, it would be so much easier and more efficient for them if the comments were centralized.  

It was a long weekend, granted, and it's typically quiet here on the weekends, but I hope it hasn't become too discouraging to post.   It's not that bad, as long as you don't use certain letters (like "eighch") or reply to posts (it seems that there's no embedded code anymore?) and just find a work-around.  Seems most of the forums are functioning okay, even without the EDIT button (bummer).  

I was already discouraged because nobody seemed to have read the last post I made on the 'Jukebox' thread.  It feels like the group here is kind of dwindling away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
     I was already discouraged because nobody seemed to have read the last post I made on the 'Jukebox' thread.  It feels like the group here is kind of dwindling away.  

Please don't feel bad re: your blog post.  It got through before the cutoff (a few other posts were deleted, which was discouraging in itself), but it was the day when there was culture shock, and everything went to a stand still.  I've always read your entries, as you know, but didn't comment because of the BDC transition and not wanting to feel any more defeated in posting.

Now, with the need to expland the list (which again, is not a big deal, but is also *NOT* user-friendly), it's not automatic to check the entire page -- I just have to adjust to that change.  So I'll go back and do that and comment. :)

Insofar as the whereabouts of the 'usual suspects' -- that's not clear.   Today?  Might be extended long weekend for some, or busy day getting back after long weekend,  or ... anything.    There's been a lull, for whatever reason.  Hopefully, it will pass.    Baseball season has been a disaster for the Sox (you can't live in Boston and not know this) so I'd think that music would be a refuge.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The new zystem is ztill kind of funky.Zometimes it wouldn't let me pozt anything with the letter   "5"or to use the word "hit" in a zentence.Give them zome time and hopefully,they'll get the kinkz worked out.It'z zomewhat annoying right now,but we're getting it for free zo I'm going to be a little patient.
    Yeah,typing thiz pozt made me a little angry becauze I can't type "Z" and get it through.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Really frustrated trying to figure out what the banned words are...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

why do we need a tab that allows you to put a line through your sentence?

If you want to cross it off, just delete the line.

This is a useless addition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It didn't work for me either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

It didn't work for me either.

It's a scam.  

It's a scam.

Now I'm tempted to try a few bad words:

HIT
    HISS

I would also like the SEARCH option to be re-instated at the top of the forums page.   

Is anyone from BDC even reading our comments?  :(

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    Oh dear lord. The crossed off line function didn't even work in the above post.

That makes three of us.  I lined out the second "It's a scam" in my post as well as the two formerly banned words.   

Why are we bothering? :(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

To paraphrase the old underdog cartoons:

"Looks like this is the end!"

Trying really hard to find reasons to stick with this awful system....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

To all my fellow posters especially one in particular,Happy national Yoga month !!!
    May the Prana be with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120s comment:
    To all my fellow posters especially one in particular,Happy national Yoga month !!! May the Prana be with you.

Aw, thanks.  :)  Really, how did you know?   Yahoo reports just about everything.  

I was feeling a little down last night because, like everything else post-Labor Day, the gym was full, and my yoga class was so crowded it was a bit distracting.   Have to re-adjust after the luxury of a less-crowded space over the summer. 

The music, however, was fantastic.  :)     

Namaste.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts