Cheap Trick opening for Aerosmith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Cheap Trick opening for Aerosmith

This one is for you Zilla. Definitely going to this. Just scored tickets at MSG for the show. First concert at MSG since I don't know when. All I know is that the seats I got used to cost $7.50 back in the days when I almost lived there (70's). Need a mortgage to cover the cost of these tickets. Now I have to see if I have any old concert t's from the last time I saw either band.

Aerosmith - Nassau Collesium - maybe 1976 or 77. One of the worst shows I ever saw. Styx blew them off stage.

Cheap Trick - Paladium - I think 1978 - one of the greatest concerts I ever saw.

What will I get 34 years later?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Cheap Trick opening for Aerosmith

Aerosmith could be a good band again if they got someone to replace Idiot Steve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'd be more interested in seeing Cheap Trick again than seeing Aerosmith again.After "Draw the line" which came out in 1977,they didn't put out an album that I'd want to own.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Can't disagree with the general consensus that Aerosmith was  done 30 years ago. I would probably have rather seen Cheap Trick back then, too, but I most certainly wouldn't shell out much more than that $7.50 Jessy mentioned to see either one (or both) today.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Reviews have been excellent so far regarding Aerosmith's shows. Supposedly Tyler is in top form. But to be honest - if Cheap Trick is not the opening band, I would not be going. My wife has never been to a concert at MSG, so she should enjoy it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

I wonder if Styx is the reason that Aerosmith does everything in their power to make the opening act look bad.   Seriously,  you'll find the sound is going to be dialed way back for Cheap Trick, the lights won't be remotely the same.  And so on.  This is intentional.  It really came to light when Tyler had that blow out with Peter Wolf over the walkway at Fenway last year.  But it's been going on for years.  Aerosmith is a crappy, insecure band.  They don't want anyone stealing the spotlight.  And it doesn't take a whole lot to pull off that trick. 

Yes, they made a couple of great records, but that was over 30 years ago.  I don't know why any self respecting band would ever agree to open for them.  Well, that's not quite true,  $$$ talks.

Funny, Queen and Aerosmith were co-headliners at some show many years ago - early 70's and they had a pizz ing match over who would go on first (the warm up act) don't know how it got resolved....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Evidently bellhorn was bored last night.

Posted on almost every thread on the Music forum, didn't actually have anything to say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

I wonder if Styx is the reason that Aerosmith does everything in their power to make the opening act look bad.   Seriously,  you'll find the sound is going to be dialed way back for Cheap Trick, the lights won't be remotely the same.  And so on.  This is intentional.  It really came to light when Tyler had that blow out with Peter Wolf over the walkway at Fenway last year.  But it's been going on for years.  Aerosmith is a crappy, insecure band.  They don't want anyone stealing the spotlight.  And it doesn't take a whole lot to pull off that trick. 

Yes, they made a couple of great records, but that was over 30 years ago.  I don't know why any self respecting band would ever agree to open for them.  Well, that's not quite true,  $$$ talks.

Funny, Queen and Aerosmith were co-headliners at some show many years ago - early 70's and they had a pizz ing match over who would go on first (the warm up act) don't know how it got resolved....

Actually I do not believe Queen and Aerosmith ever co-headlined a tour or even a single concert.  However, I do believe that on a few occassions, Aerosmith stepped in for Queen for a few shows during the Mott the Hoople tour that Queen was the opening act.

I did research this after I read your comment and could not find anything on any joint concerts.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts