Children of the 80s (NOT "Gen X")

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Children of the 80s (NOT "Gen X")

I think the 80's cheated me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I consider it cheating myself...I didn't go for that any more than cheating another human being.  But, I wouldn't hold it against anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Children of the 80s (NOT "Gen X"):
    [QUOTE]I think the 80's cheated me.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

No, that was Ronald Reagan who cheated you.

Trickle down, my _ss!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Children of the 80s (NOT "Gen X") : No, that was Ronald Reagan who cheated you. Trickle down, my _ss!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

And we're still feeling it today...not in the happy, squishy, dreamy way that some conservatives remember, but more in the unpleasant, uncomfortable, slightly invasive way....

Compared to today's political calculus, Reagan was a pinko commie moonbat....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I refuse to allow Matty's thread to turn into a political argument.

Understand the Reagan reference was done jokingly and my friend, jessey would fully understand , as we have been tag-team partners on many threads. I actually voted for Reagan and he had some very good policies.

I look back at the 80's with many fond memories. I really enjoyed that decade even though some unpleasant things happend in my life. I prefer to remember the good stuff....Deep Purple reformed and came back with a vengeance on 'Perfect Strangers' , that was the greatest musical happening of the decade for me, although it meant the end for Rainbow...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Uncle Ronnie had a plan; he just didn't tell anyone. But he did help destroy the Evil Empire. The Yanks didn't win squat in the 80's. D*mn that Ronnie Tongue out I think Luciano or whoever the Sox owner is put Ronnie up to that.

And really, who didn't love Dan Quayle in the late 80's?

No insane political bashing here. Save that for the Sox forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Uncle Ronnie had a plan; he just didn't tell anyone. But he did help destroy the Evil Empire . The Yanks didn't win squat in the 80's. D*mn that Ronnie  I think Luciano or whoever the Sox owner is put Ronnie up to that. And really, who didn't love Dan Quayle in the late 80's? No insane political bashing here. Save that for the Sox forum.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Not to get stuck in the political part of this thread, but, Dan Quayle was brilliant in his own way. Remember Norm Crosby ? The guy that used to make jokes by inventing words that don't really exist but sound as if they should?....Dan Quayle invented whole statements that were just so hilarious in that he really thought he was making sense!...Had he become president, we all might have died laughing...not such a bad way to go, eh?