Classic Rock song beloved by most; hated by you

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Classic Rock song beloved by most; hated by you

It's funny how these classic songs and eras are mentioned especially considering the last 10 years of radio/mainstream music is so horrendously awful, I can't even move for a few minutes, today's stuff is so awful.

But, I'll play along.

Any Meatloaf song.  Just the worst.

Or the Bee Gees. 

I remember someone giving me early Bee Gees material telling me it was different, and I just never forgave him for it.  Not only is it the same sound, it's arguably as annyoying as their late 70s material.

And finally, really any Rush song, particularly Tom Sawyer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Anything by Metalica, they are good musicians but I just can stand listening to any track they ever put out. Never could figure out what people saw in them! 

Maybe my brain has a Metal flaw incapable of recognizing the greatness, anyone else feel this way towards them?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Classic Rock song beloved by most; hated by you:
    [QUOTE]Anything by Metalica, they are good musicians but I just can stand listening to any track they ever put out. Never could figure out what people saw in them!  Maybe my brain has a Metal flaw incapable of recognizing the greatness, anyone else feel this way towards them?  
    Posted by newman09[/QUOTE]

I think many younger people over-rate them somewhat.

Afterall they are "the" Metal band for a whole generation who missed out on the really good stuff from the first two waves. I like them , but frankly from that era I prefer Iron Maiden and Megadeth. They do have some really creative stuff and they are indeed good musicians, but for me the songs don't grab me as hard as songs by Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Blue Oyster Cult.

I really hate to criticize them and the biggest fans, because lets face it , compared to Rap and some of the awful pop music out there, Metallica are just absolutley brilliant....cannot blame anyone for being a big fan at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Anything ever written, played, hummed, whistled or thought of by the group Rush.  I firmly believe that if we pumped their "music" into Afghanistan our problems in that conflict would be over, although casualties on our side would be unacceptable.  Finger nails on a chalkboard sound better.  A choice between Rush and an Engelbert Humperdinck festival I would rather hear "Quando, Quando, Quando" for days than one note of Tom Sawyer.  I would rather have painful rectal surgery than hear 2 seconds of "Twilight Zone".  I would prefer a root canal where they used paper clips in lieu of whatever it is that they use, than listen to the opening notes of"limelight".  I have  replaced the word rush with hurry up in my vocabulary.  I don't even like typing the word rush on my computer.  I have to stop this raving and run my Norton anti-viral software and remove all remnants of their presence on my hard drive.  And in case you did not get the point, I don't really care for Rush.Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Classic Rock song beloved by most; hated by you:
    [QUOTE]Anything ever written, played, hummed, whistled or thought of by the group Rush.  I firmly believe that if we pumped their "music" into Afghanistan our problems in that conflict would be over, although casualties on our side would be unacceptable.  Finger nails on a chalkboard sound better.  A choice between Rush and an Engelbert Humperdinck festival I would rather hear " Quando, Quando, Quando " for days than one note of Tom Sawyer.  I would rather have painful rectal surgery than hear 2 seconds of "Twilight Zone".  I would prefer a root canal where they used paper clips in lieu of whatever it is that they use, than listen to the opening notes of"limelight".  I have  replaced the word rush with hurry up in my vocabulary.  I don't even like typing the word rush on my computer.  I have to stop this raving and run my Norton anti-viral software and remove all remnants of their presence on my hard drive.  And in case you did not get the point, I don't really care for Rush.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

Nice avatar, and I agree. 

Their fans are also weird. It's a cross between a Star Trek convention and a Dungeons and Dragons showdown in someone's basement.

That said, Rush has great musicians. I just can't stand Lee's voice and their approach to music. No soul.

Nothing personal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

For years I have heard that Rush are great musicians.  This may be true but my argument is that Darth Vader was first a great Jedi warrior, one of the best, with unlimited promise.  But he chose to use his powers for the dark side and  for evil.  Much like rush