Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice)

In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice):
    [QUOTE]Scuse me please, one more drink Please make it strong 'cause I don't need to think (Dave Matthews Band, "Grace is Gone")
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Add: "Bartender"

Good ol' Dave...if he's not writing about sex, he's writing about drinking....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : From what I've seen in my life, most people can't handle it. But Budweiser won't let up on the commercials convincing everyone that no fun can be had without a beer in their hands.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Again, no offense, but anyone drinking beer because of a commercial tells them to has bigger problems than their alcohol intake.  It's not beer's fault that some people have no sense of moderation or self-control.

Agreed though that there is indeed a fine line between "enthusiast" and "fanatic", but that goes for most things in life....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : Again, no offense, but anyone drinking beer because of a commercial tells them to has bigger problems than their alcohol intake.  It's not beer's fault that some people have no sense of moderation or self-control.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

I think people who are swayed by commercials do have serious problems. The fact that beer companies advertise so heavily means that it works.

The following companies advertise so frequently that you just know people have to be constantly hammered into buying their brand or product which , in most cases, they do not need or want.

Budweiser, Coors,Dunkin Donuts, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Bob's Furniture, Jordan's Furniture, Geico, Progressive, Scooter chair, Coke.

If you really want or need something T.V. advertising is unnessessary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i love those commercials that have people slamming beer after they exercise because of the low calories. 

yeah, that's just what i want when i'm sweating balls after running around. hook it up to my veins!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : Add: "Bartender" Good ol' Dave...if he's not writing about sex, he's writing about drinking....
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]
    Two subjects very near and dear ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Since when did the long weekend start on Wednesday? I have a rare three days off (Sun.  Mon. and Tues.) Normally I get one and a half or two. My "weekend" is still quite a ways off.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Mine did - took a mini trip to PA.

Cold Beer, Cold Pepsi - Caffeine Free please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : Mine did - took a mini trip to PA. Cold Beer, Cold Pepsi - Caffeine Free please.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Yes, jessey, I know.

I just hope they have plenty of public restrooms in PA.

I went to Pittsburgh many years ago, thought it was a filthy dump. They're lucky they have the Steelers. At least they have one thing to brag about.

But, of course, knowing your lifestyle, you are probably in Amish country, right? Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : I mostly agree on mixed drinks. But I simply love a few of the old basics. Dry gin Martini (Hendricks or Beefeater) Dry manhattan. (Blaton's Burboun or Maker's Mark; Peychaud's bitters) Whiskey Smash.  Gin and tonic.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]
    The one and only mixed drink I'm interested in (for the record) is a dry Martini.  I'd love to see if I could put one of those away.  It would be worth getting completely hammered on one of those.  :D

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : The one and only mixed drink I'm interested in (for the record) is a dry Martini.  I'd love to see if I could put one of those away.  It would be worth getting completely hammered on one of those.  :D
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

How about a Margarita?  I got absolutely twisted on those things a few times, and I can honestly say the main reason was because they were so delicious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : How about a Margarita?  I got absolutely twisted on those things a few times, and I can honestly say the main reason was because they were so delicious.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, and I'll have to add that to my list ... not that I "need" to start a list of mixed drinks to reconsider after managing on beer and wine for a while now. 

But a Margarita is not a bad idea.  

As long as this is the music forum, I've always considered beer the ultimate RnR drink.   IMHO, of course. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4XivUMMb6A

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin. Show leafswin's posts

Drinking music? the Pogues and early Squeeze

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celts55. Show celts55's posts

Gin and Juice- the Gourds version
    Why don't we get drunk and screw- Buffett
    The piano has been drinking- Tom Waits

Sections
Shortcuts