Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice)

Thought that would get your attention.  :)
    Has everyone shoved off for the long weekend already?

What do you want to talk about?   Want to go OT and I'll ask for your opinion about something "gender" related?  Or a music topic? 

Too tired?  Maybe I'll post them both tomorrow.  Maybe we should just drink and listen to music. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice)

Kudos, yoga.  I'm all for celebrating my right as an american not only to drink beer, but good beer, and not just good beer, but good home-brewed beer.

Cue G. Love's "Cold Beverage":

"Yo, could I get a cold beverage. I need some leverage...."

Here's a topic: Music To Drink And/Or Get Drunk By

Tom Waits
    Social Distortion
    The Pogues
    Rolling Stones
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Thanks, Matty.  I do know a guy that brews his own beer.   It would be fun to have a relative that owns a winery, though!   hahaha.  

I Drink Alone - George Thorogood and the Destroyers

More drinking songs, please!  I'm plastered. :D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Albert Collins - I Ain't Drunk

I don't care
    What the people are thinkin'
    I ain't drunk
    I'm just drinkin'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Since when did the long weekend start on Wednesday?

I have a rare three days off (Sun.  Mon. and Tues.) Normally I get one and a half or two. My "weekend" is still quite a ways off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice):
    [QUOTE]Since when did the long weekend start on Wednesday? I have a rare three days off (Sun.  Mon. and Tues.) Normally I get one and a half or two. My "weekend" is still quite a ways off.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]I hear you loud and clear.   Just so quiet around here I couldn't help but wonder.  Next week is certainly the beginning of vacation time for many.  Maybe it will be a good time to make some killer "Name this band" quizzes (and make them *real* killers).   Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

BRASS MONKEY! THAT FUNKY MONKEY!

for those who aren't informed, a brass monkey is when you take a 40 oz of malt liquor (not beer) and drink until it is down to the bottom of the cone-shaped top. 

Add orange juice until it reaches the top, flip upside down to mix, and enjoy. DELICIOUS (and quite the smooth drink, i might add).

it's what the Beastie Boys were talking about.

"tip your head back til you finish the cup"
    "wherever we go, we bring monkey with us!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZ3yUZTlrA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nothing personal, but malt liquor is but the delinquent cousin of beer/ale...

...the thunderbird/boone's/mad dog of malt beverages...

...and I say that having consumed barrels of heffenreffer's private stock in my day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

haha, yes sir.  i wouldn't drink it without the OJ, and even so it's a special occasion (i.e. being flat broke).

it's good for Edward Fortyhands, though (duct tape a 40 to each hand, can't pee til they're done).

sounds like some delinquent activity to me!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]haha, yes sir.  i wouldn't drink it without the OJ, and even so it's a special occasion (i.e. being flat broke). it's good for Edward Fortyhands, though (duct tape a 40 to each hand, can't pee til they're done). sounds like some delinquent activity to me!
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

Believe you me that I'm not a complete beer snob...I recall (foggily) the days of going to the grocery store over the border in NH and coming out with cases of red white & blue, knickerbocker or golden anniversary.

These days, I much prefer mass quality over mass quantity, but I firmly believe those years in the trenches were like a drinking boot camp.....builds character.

Add:

AC/DC - Have A Drink On Me
    Stones - Loving Cup

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

absolutely builds character.  I've developed quite a palate for good (sometimes great) beer over the past 2 years, there is a bar a 1/4 mile from my apartment that has 180 kinds of beer, rotating in and out daily.  i'm approaching 150 drank on my beer club list.

y'all should come join the party! great food, too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]absolutely builds character.  I've developed quite a palate for good (sometimes great) beer over the past 2 years, there is a bar a 1/4 mile from my apartment that has 180 kinds of beer, rotating in and out daily.  i'm approaching 150 drank on my beer club list. y'all should come join the party! great food, too.

...wouldn't be the sunset grill by any chance, would it...?

or wickenden pub in prov...?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

Ray Charles - Lets Get Stoned

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I can't remember (or don't want to remember) the last time I had a mixed drink.  I only drink beer and wine.   Booze ... well, that takes me back to my college days when I thought drinking mixed drinks made me look cool or something.

Scarlett Ohara, anyone?  Southern Comfort ... no wonder I got those awful hangovers.

Now, as I do so many inversions in yoga, the thought of getting woozy makes me cringe.   So much has changed in my priorities!   :D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Someone introduced me to Stella Artois last summer.  I thought that was really good (or is it too girlie?).

How about
    Red, Red Wine - UB40
    Spill the Wine - War

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : ...wouldn't be the sunset grill by any chance, would it...? or wickenden pub in prov...?
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

wickenden pub is great, but it's actually doherty's east ave cafe in pawtucket.  used to be called just east ave, but a few years ago they added the doherty's name.  new beer menu printed daily, visits from brewerys handing out samples, etc.

the food really is great though, and i am guilty of endulging in the nuclear hot wings on 25 cent wing mondays

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : wickenden pub is great, but it's actually doherty's east ave cafe in pawtucket.  used to be called just east ave, but a few years ago they added the doherty's name.  new beer menu printed daily, visits from brewerys handing out samples, etc. the food really is great though, and i am guilty of endulging in the nuclear hot wings on 25 cent wing mondays

Sweet!  Always happy to hear of another beer-friendly venue...I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area.

Thanks for the hat tip....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

no prob. right over the border of providence on the way to thayer st.  just off rt 95, exit 27

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

Well there's "one bourbon, one scotch, one beer".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

See that.

Mention liquor and everyone comes out of the woodwork.

I don't drink, myself. Used to. Decided I didn't need it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]See that. Mention liquor and everyone comes out of the woodwork. I don't drink, myself. Used to. Decided I didn't need it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't need it either......it's just so much darn fun...!! (not as fun as some other ingestables, but i digress)

I really consider it a hobby in its own right, like model planes or fly fishing...

Yet I understand those who don't indulge.  It's not for everyone, and some people just chemically can't handle it...it's nothing personal. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : Oh, I don't need it either......it's just so much darn fun...!! (not as fun as some other ingestables, but i digress) I really consider it a hobby in its own right, like model planes or fly fishing... Yet I understand those who don't indulge.  It's not for everyone, and some people just chemically can't handle it...it's nothing personal. 
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen in my life, most people can't handle it. But Budweiser won't let up on the commercials convincing everyone that no fun can be had without a beer in their hands.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : From what I've seen in my life, most people can't handle it. But Budweiser won't let up on the commercials convincing everyone that no fun can be had without a beer in their hands.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

The really cool thing I've learned from those ads is that if you drink a lot of beer outside somewhere, a crowd of good-looking young women will show up wanting to party with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold beer being served (or lemonade, soda, your choice) : The really cool thing I've learned from those ads is that if you drink a lot of beer outside somewhere, a crowd of good-looking young women will show up wanting to party with you.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]Isn't that how Scarlett Johansson was discovered?  Appearing in a beer ad?   Maybe not.

You should post a thread for an open bar in the Sox forum.  This one's really been a blast, more than I expected! 

Now did I offer to pick up the tab?   I can't remember. 
    Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Scuse me please, one more drink
    Please make it strong 'cause I don't need to think

(Dave Matthews Band, "Grace is Gone")

Sections
Shortcuts