Coming up on 9000.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Coming up on 9000.

I want to thank all of you for so many great topics, as I approach 9000, I feel this is a major step toward 10,000.

Only because it is 100 posts beyond the lofty 9000 ( a great feat in itself!). True, just a number, but I expect I will be in the posters Hall of Fame before Barry Bonds gets in the baseball Hall of Fame and hopefully before they put Justin Bieber in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Coming up on 9000.

You mean Justin Bieber ISN'T in the Rock and Roll HOF yet??? Surely,you jest. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Coming up on 9000.:
    I want to thank all of you for so many great topics, as I approach 9000, I feel this is a major step toward 10,000. Only because it is 100 posts beyond the lofty 9000 ( a great feat in itself!). True, just a number, but I expect I will be in the posters Hall of Fame before Barry Bonds gets in the baseball Hall of Fame and hopefully before they put Justin Bieber in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Well since it is the RHOF, he will probably get in long before ELP, Rush, Yes and the Smiths.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I will do my best to create some threads that will boost your numbers. :)

Speaking of Bieber ... I've been watching "High School Quiz Show" on WGBH when I remember on Sunday evenings.  It's reverse "Jeopardy" (regular style Q&A under a timed system) competition between 2 high school teams a week.  I've gotten many of the answers right, but man, those kids are smart.  :)

ANYHOW, they have music questions and last night they had one NEITHER team got -- it was "what pop singer reached 9 million twitter followers" or something along those lines, and I said, heck, that must be Justin Bieber.  The high schoolers did not know that one.   I was thinking that made them look GOOD.  :D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In Response to Coming up on 9000.:
    I want to thank all of you for so many great topics, as I approach 9000, I feel this is a major step toward 10,000. Only because it is 100 posts beyond the lofty 9000 ( a great feat in itself!). True, just a number, but I expect I will be in the posters Hall of Fame before Barry Bonds gets in the baseball Hall of Fame and hopefully before they put Justin Bieber in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

At my pace it would take me 20 years to reach that number.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Coming up on 9000.:
    In Response to Coming up on 9000. : At my pace it would take me 20 years to reach that number.
    Posted by newman09

It's quality that counts, not quantity.

Still I'm rather proud of myself.

Your avatar alone should be worth about a thousand.

Newman is one of the funniest sitcom characters ever , right there with Doctor Bombay:

...or Johnny Fever:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Hey Zilla....I enjoy your posts, but your a bit shy of the record by Kargiver who has posted 17,523 times on the BDC from 10/17/2005 to 4/2/2012........Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Zilla is my hero forever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Zilla, you have both quantity and quality. Your posts are always on my must read list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You are too kind.

But I like it!

I started this thread merely as a nonsense thing because I had no brilliant ideas and no comments to make at that particular time.

I like the feedback ( good and bad) , I like the humor ( mostly the good) here and on the Red Sox forum and I occasionally pop in to the political forums mostly for a laugh or two.

I find commenting on music to be enjoyable, while baseball and politics can get reaaly heated and way too serious! 

I see so many posters using multiple usernames and being banned , only to return ( without having learned their lesson!). When I see this , I say "wow" I've been posting here a long time and I guess people must like what I say.

It's a cool feeling that you can connect with others and have fun. like this!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You are too kind. But I like it! I started this thread merely as a nonsense thing because I had no brilliant ideas and no comments to make at that particular time. I like the feedback ( good and bad) , I like the humor ( mostly the good) here and on the Red Sox forum and I occasionally pop in to the political forums mostly for a laugh or two. I find commenting on music to be enjoyable, while baseball and politics can get reaaly heated and way too serious!  I see so many posters using multiple usernames and being banned , only to return ( without having learned their lesson!). When I see this , I say "wow" I've been posting here a long time and I guess people must like what I say. It's a cool feeling that you can connect with others and have fun. like this!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

We just chat with you because we are afraid that if we don't, you will go destroy Tokyo again.

Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Coming up on 9000. : We just chat with you because we are afraid that if we don't, you will go destroy Tokyo again.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I feel that this few minutes (on most days) of contact with people via the internet is enlightening.

I have learned much about human psychology.

I find it funny that chat boards, twitter , facebook and other types of social networking such as leaving comments on news articles brings out the worst in some people and it can bring out the best in others.

I find it fascinating and this is why I am somewhat addicted to this place, which to be truly honest ( and don't take this the wrong way, please...) is nothing more than silly, unproductive time wasting.

But, watching T.V., movies, sports , video games are also huge wastes of time.

By my best estimate, I have now spent over half my life wasting time.

At least I am having some fun.

This makes it all worth it.

Thanks guys! For making this a fun place to waste time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Coming up on 9000. : I feel that this few minutes (on most days) of contact with people via the internet is enlightening. I have learned much about human psychology. I find it funny that chat boards, twitter , facebook and other types of social networking such as leaving comments on news articles brings out the worst in some people and it can bring out the best in others. I find it fascinating and this is why I am somewhat addicted to this place, which to be truly honest ( and don't take this the wrong way, please...) is nothing more than silly, unproductive time wasting. But, watching T.V., movies, sports , video games are also huge wastes of time. By my best estimate, I have now spent over half my life wasting time. At least I am having some fun. This makes it all worth it. Thanks guys! For making this a fun place to waste time!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Always a pleasure with you my friend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Coming up on 9000. : We just chat with you because we are afraid that if we don't, you will go destroy Tokyo again.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    I was kind of hoping he would eat Tokyo when he reaches 10k.

Sections
Shortcuts