Concerts You Attended (Love & Hate)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Concerts You Attended (Love & Hate)

My first concert will always stay in my memory.It was Deep Purple,Nazareth and James Montgomery Blues band in the Springfield Civic Center 1973.Yes,I'm old.
     Johnny and Edgar Winter with Rick Derringer was classic too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I recently saw the Flamingos. All four members of the group were each outstanding lead vocalists. The original member was Isiah "Terry" Johnson who wrote and sang in a duet: "Lovers Never Say Goodbye". When he finished singing: "I Only Have Eyes For You", the crowd went wild. The latter song was written in 1934 but the most famous version was done by the Flamingos during the 50's. To myself, I thought I was witnessing a small piece of history. Terry Johnson is 71 but I think he is still one of the better singers in America and appears to be in very good shape. ................. I can get over the loss of Lebron James. The good Lord willing, good music will go on forever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Concerts You Attended (Love & Hate):
    My first concert will always stay in my memory.It was Deep Purple,Nazareth and James Montgomery Blues band in the Springfield Civic Center 1973.Yes,I'm old.  Johnny and Edgar Winter with Rick Derringer was classic too
    Posted by mrmojo1120
              Johnny and Edgar Winter with Rick Derringer? Holy Cow! I'm envious. Did they all get together and do: "Hang On Sloupy" or the "Frankenstein song"?  In my humble opinion, some of this stuff that goes on at concerts is really a small part of history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Sprinsteen-Philly Sept. 1999. It had to be moved to another venue(Wachovia Center to the Spectrum because of Hurricane Floyd and a Sixers pre-season game) First time I saw him. He was great and he did the classic stuff we know. 2. Santana-Tower Theatre outside Philly 1987.(Missed the baseball all star game on TV,It was worth it.)3 J Giles Band-Providence CC summer 1974. 4.Rolling Stones JFK Philly 1981. Worst???? Bob Dylan Mann Music Center summer 1997. I like Bob but he had a real bad voice that night. Dave Matthews-Camden NJ Blockbuster Center, Summer 1998. Just sounded bad. Foghat either 1974 or 75-Spectrum Philly. They were not received well and then....well you know Philly crowds, objects were thrown on stage and a guy was thrown off the second tier to the first. True story. I was there.(He lived) Another Santa Claus, JD Drew, Michael Irvin event. Foghat vowed never to return to Philly. I think they did come back in the 80's
    Posted by jaytf25

I forgot to mention that Peter Frampton was the second act that came on before J. Geils at that Providence CC concert. That was before "Frampton comes alive."
    He was good. The opening act was an Italian rock band called PFM. They made their New England debut that night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Best:
    1) GnR          Felt Forum      5/9/88  with Zodiac Mind Warp
    2) Pink Floyd  Giant Stadium 6/4/88
    3) Metallica   Meadowlands Areana  4/4/92
    4) Aerosmith  Meadowlands Areana  11/13/87

Worst:
    1) Tina Turner  Garden State Art Center 89 or 90 Didn't save ticket.  It was Thunder Dome time.  Got sucked into a blind date.  Chick was cute but had no personality.
    2) Foreigner  MSG 10/30/81 with Billy Squier.  Thank God you could smoke in doors at the time :)

Went to Bon Jovi and Kid Rock last night.  Good show.  Kid Rock was very impressive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

1.  Phish: 10/31/94  Glens Falls Civic Ctr..  They came on around 10 and played until around 3:30 AM.  Including the entire Beatles White Album.

Wow...was that 16 years ago?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

One I really liked was Tool; think in 2003.  Somewhere in Mass.

Meshugga opened, and was terrible.   But Tool did a great job and stuck with their older, better, and less esoteric music.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

[QUOTE]Best: 1) GnR          Felt Forum      5/9/88  with Zodiac Mind Warp 2) Pink Floyd  Giant Stadium 6/4/88 3) Metallica   Meadowlands Areana  4/4/92 4) Aerosmith  Meadowlands Areana  11/13/87 Worst: 1) Tina Turner  Garden State Art Center 89 or 90 Didn't save ticket.  It was Thunder Dome time.  Got sucked into a blind date.  Chick was cute but had no personality. 2) Foreigner  MSG 10/30/81 with Billy Squier.  Thank God you could smoke in doors at the time :) Went to Bon Jovi and Kid Rock last night.  Good show.  Kid Rock was very impressive.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Jealous.  Gn'R at what I consider their best...  (aka when Axl could sing live; and before when he decided he would always wear f'ing spandex mini-pants and run all over the stage like a moron, until he was breathless.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Approximately 1975 I went to go see Jefferson Starship/Airplane at the Akron Rubber Bowl.  From pre-concert to halfway through the concert parts of the grounds and stadium were in a semi-riot state.  Other areas seemed to be safe.  I heard, a rumor, that outside agitators were getting embroiled, somehow, with the police.  Maybe anti-war demonstrators.  Inside, where we sat seemed to be okay.  A few times that I went to another section to go to the bathroom I could see something was actually going on.  I saw thrown rocks coming over the top of the stadium.  Another time coming back from the bathroom, I walked into tear gas.  It was like walking into an invisible wall.  I went backwards, not forward.  The concert was called off at the half.  Another good band was supposed to come on.  I can't remember.  Maybe it was supposed to be J. Geils ?  The next day I found out Gracie Slick had to go to court for trying to incite a riot.  The Cleveland news report said she yelled into the mic something highly inflammatory about the police. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

Pink Floyd in 1987 at the Providence Civic Center was the best show I had seen. I was always looking forward to seeing them live. Saw them two more times after and they were always great

Dead/Dylan 4th of July in Foxboro, don't remember much of it but the whole experience was great.

Eric Clapton at the Metro, (I think) general admission and I was 20 feet away, back in the mid eighties.

Peter Wolf at The Lowell River Fest was a great one as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I did attend a KISS concert once at MSG. I promised these two lovely darlings. Anyway, don't remember much of the show itself, but I do remember it being a h*ll of a night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Concerts You Attended (Love & Hate) : Wow...that is a great tandem.  And I would guess there was a very fragrant cloud floating above the audience.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Hf - there were some serious clouds. But the best was sitting outside the Natural History Museum. You actually could see the cloud hovering over Central Park.