Confessions about Beatles songs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Confessions about Beatles songs

yogafriend, I totally respect your opinions on the Beatles and you should feel free to express them here.  If people are comfortable enough here to say what they really think without worrying about getting ripped, that means we have a good thing going.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Yoga, you are cool just as you are. Please don't worry about expressing your opinions about music. Sometimes I make fun of my favorite performers while enjoying them at the same time. To me, it's all part of the enjoyment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Okay.  Gee, thanks.  I wouldn't think of changing my opinions to suit the party line around here, but I did feel a little bad about the Beatles.  Hot button. 
    Laughing
    I do make fun of myself quite a bit (in my 3D life, I laugh at myself all the time) including my musical tastes and never apologize for them, and I'd expect that from anyone else.  

Hfx, you're the most diplomatic person on BDC, and that may be partly due to your personality, the way you were raised, but also because you are outnumbered at home by 2 to 1 by your wife and daughter!  ha ha.  Either way, you're absolutely right that this forum is exceptional in the way we can express our opinions and have decent discussions without anyone being ripped.

I didn't mean to come across like I was feeling overly sensitive, but my writing style is ... well, it is what it is.  I love the various opinons we have here, in all the genres of music.  The Music Forum totally rocks. 

However, you will not see me start a thread about the Beatles any time soon!!  Under no other circumstances will you see me back down. :)   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hopefully I can find this on youtube and post here as a dedication to Yoga. It is a song by Def Leppard - She's Too Tough

Wait, I am having a vision - Yoga is walking down the street in her leathers and boots looking to kick my a $$. God, I love when I daydream Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

HFX - diplomatic  - you should see him on the Sox board Yell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Confessions about Beatles songs:
    [QUOTE]HFX - diplomatic  - you should see him on the Sox board
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Ha ha but that's baseball...yes I do get my digs in there sometimes.  And I take some too.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i love this place...

the beatles would win a popularity contest anyday, but then again so would you, yoga...

to quote the late tupac shakur, "you are appreciated"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]i love this place... the beatles would win a popularity contest anyday, but then again so would you, yoga... to quote the late tupac shakur, "you are appreciated"
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    You're a little crazy, but thank you.  Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

First: 1/21/2010
    Last: 3/19/2011

If it weren't for such ridiculous fake psychedelic effluvia as . . . . oh . . .   I don't know . . .  I am the Walrus or Strawberry Fields or (worst of all) Lucy in the Sky . . .   In My Life might just be the worst Beatles transgression of all time.  But then again . . .  there are so many.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just for the record, of course. 
    Where was p-mike a couple of days ago?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

p-mike was bringin' some attitude last night!

(Either that or drinking heavily.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]p-mike was bringin' some attitude last night! (Either that or drinking heavily.)
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    Not lost on me, Hfx.  The way he slinks in here, the attitude and ascerbic tone -- not saying I don't value and enjoy his posts, (they're quite interesting, colorful, and intelligent, and his dry wit is perfect) but you have to wonder what he's been drinking or smoking.   :)

Cavsfan made an honest mistake with that Celtics post landing here, and I don't think he was drunk at the time!   So you never know.   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

P-Mike is straight and to the point, whether it is here, Sox, Pats or any other forum. He pulls no punches on his opinion and I have to respect that even when I don't agree.

As for his opinion on the songs he selected, I would definitely have to disagree in a very strong fashion. There are those who think the Beatles were nothing when compared to the Stones or the Who, but reality says that neither of those bands do anything of any consequence if it were not for the Beatles. Pete T. is considered a musical genius but it pales in comparrison to Lennon. And I am the biggest Who fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]P-Mike is straight and to the point, whether it is here, Sox, Pats or any other forum. He pulls no punches on his opinion and I have to respect that even when I don't agree. As for his opinion on the songs he selected, I would definitely have to disagree in a very strong fashion. There are those who think the Beatles were nothing when compared to the Stones or the Who, but reality says that neither of those bands do anything of any consequence if it were not for the Beatles. Pete T. is considered a musical genius but it pales in comparrison to Lennon. And I am the biggest Who fan.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]mmmmmm, okay.  SO when P-mike insults SFF, it's  r-e-s-p-e-c-t, and when I do, it's,  "Yoga, why do you hurt me like this?"   and "take the knife out of my back" ...
    Laughing HA HA.  Just kidding around, but I could not help myself.  I can see you did disagree with him, but in a roundabout way (not to his face).  Frankly, I wouldnt mess with p-mike in any forum, either. 

As for the Who ... you're welcome to start a thread any time on them.  Been here a long time, and can't remember seeing one.  Share the love. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I just believe that posters here do create online relationships with others and we tend to be mindful as to who we speaking to at the time. Sadly, I think that is why Zilla left. Hence, my comments to you will always be somewhat different from how I comment back to anyone else. And I think you know why.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]I just believe that posters here do create online relationships with others and we tend to be mindful as to who we speaking to at the time. Sadly, I think that is why Zilla left. Hence, my comments to you will always be somewhat different from how I comment back to anyone else. And I think you know why.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Understood.  Completely understood.  Just had to take the opportunity to poke fun at you, since it was right there in black and white.
    Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]p-mike Posts: 3432 First: 1/21/2010 Last: 3/19/2011 If it weren't for such ridiculous fake psychedelic effluvia as . . . . oh . . .   I don't know . . .  I am the Walrus or Strawberry Fields or (worst of all) Lucy in the Sky . . .   In My Life might just be the worst Beatles transgression of all time.  But then again . . .  there are so many. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just for the record, of course.  Where was p-mike a couple of days ago?
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

seriously p-mike? do you even like the beatles? how can you hate the psych-ish "effluvia" AND hate in my life? worlds apart! those are songs that epitomize the beatles.  you dont even say song, you say transgression? who are you, tiger woods?

LSD? how many of your favorite songs use that classic G-C-D progression? the entire song was recorded at normal speed and then sped up to pitch alter the vocals/music and give that dream like quality to the whole song...

...is this a joke? it's too early for this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have a confession about 'In My Life'.  It was never one of my favorite songs by them and I have often wondered if it really rose in prominence after John's death.  Did that add a whole new level of poignancy to the song?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I'll add to those who listed "Flying" and "Wild Honey Pie". Those songs seem to me to be just filler/throwaway.

number nine..number nine..number nine Foot in mouth