Coolest Rock Stars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Coolest Rock Stars

So who's the coolest of all the rock stars (in their prime)?

Keith Richards - Rolling Stones
    Jimmy Paige - Led Zeppelin
    Slash - Guns N' Roses
    Eddie Van Hallen - Van Hallen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Coolest Rock Stars

Kid Rock
    Tommy Lee
    Steven Tyler

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I can only comment about the ones I have met.

Joey Ramone was just a sweet guy. Cheetah Chrome was a maniac. Peter Frampton needed to get over himself. Dr. John was also very nice. Robert Cray was very easy to talk to. Of course it helped that he was friends with my ex-wife. Clapton was far more personable than I thought he would be, unfortunately I was so star-struck that I bascially didn't really chat with him.   Keith Richards is too cool to die. Which is probably why he is still alive. And I was star-struck when I met him and he was so cool about it. He handed me a beer and kept chatting.

FYI - I met Frampton, Clapton, Dr. John and Richards through Robert Cray. When Strong Persuader was released, someone was always showing up at his shows or after show party's.

OK - I have dropped names and it doesn't feel so icky.

I have a feeling that hanging out with Roger Daltrey would be way cool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

chrissie hynde

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Some more cool guys

Ray Davies
    Jeff Beck
    Ian Hunter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jimi Hendrix
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Jerry Garcia 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Johnny Cash
    Nick Lowe
    Warren Zevon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Here's something for Keith Richards fans...this is an excerpt from Don Felder's book about the Eagles.  This is an account of how he got to 'meet' Keith for the first time.

'OK', the road manager said. 'Come with me.'

He led us down a corridor into a large suite, its doors thrown open.  From a distance it sounded like there was some enormous party going on, the music was so loud, but when we walked in, the room was empty except for a giant stereo system...it was cranking out some really heavy rock-and-roll track.

'Maybe he's in the bedroom', someone said, and we wandered into his bedroom and stared at the detritus of what had obviously already been a good night-Jack Daniels bottles, beer bottles, clothes, and the residue of drugs.

'Nope, not here', Richie said, and we started to walk out.

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man's foot sticking out of the open bathroom door. 'Jesus!' I said.  I ran around to find what nobody wants to discover-Keith Richards doing a very good impersonation of a corpse.  His skin was gray, and he was completely motionless, facedown on the bathroom floor.  I thought he was dead.

Barely batting an eye, the road manager grabbed the phone and called the tour doctors.  Richie and I were unceremoniously ushered from the room and into the elevator.  'I'm sure he's a goner, man,' I told him, as we returned to our floor.  'I've only ever seen one person look like that before, and he was in a coffin.'

To my astonishment, there was no bulletin on the news that night, and the following evening, at the Kansas City Stadium, a very much alive Keith Richards, looking none the worse for his brush with death, pranced around the stage cranking out his raunchy rock-and-roll guitar for all he was worth.  Now that's what I call stamina.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KEK. Show KEK's posts

About 20 years ago, a woman I worked with was at the Kentucky Derby.  She was sitting on a bench having a smoke when who sits down next to her but Keith Richards.  She didn't have a clue who he was since her musical taste ran more towards Sinatra than the Stones.  She was a really funny outgoing lady so she takes a look at Keith and asks him what's the matter.  He told her nothing so she says "there has to be something wrong if you look like that".   He burst out laughing.  They talked for a while and he even invited her to join him and his party but she declined.  She said he was very nice and well mannered once you got past the way he looked... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Mick
    Janis
    Jimi
    Jim

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I've never met a rock star.

But from a distance, Prince ( or whatever his name is these days) seems to be on the extreme edge of cool.

And I'll bet Jerry Garcia was a very cool dude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Lou Reed...first.

Iggy
    Zevon
    Neil Young
    Tom Waits
    David Byrne
    Jagger

Sections
Shortcuts