David Bowie (celebrating his 66th Birthday) releasing new album.Here's a song and video from it,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

David Bowie (celebrating his 66th Birthday) releasing new album.Here's a song and video from it,

Happy Birthday David!!

Here's a short article from yahoo.com and a link to watch/listen to his new song "Where are we now":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

NEW YORK (AP) — David Bowie is celebrating his birthday by releasing new music.

The English singer announced Tuesday, his 66th birthday, that he has released his first song in 10 years titled "Where Are We Now?"

A new album, "The Next Day," will be out March 11 and 12 in the United Kingdom and the United States, respectively.

The slow groove was released on iTunes and in 119 countries. It was produced by longtime collaborator Tony Visconti.

Bowie's last album was 2003's "Reality." The fashion forward singer debuted in the 1960s, releasing multiple successful albums with sounds that range from rock to pop to glam rock to soul and funk.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's hits include "Let's Dance," ''China Girl," ''Fame" and "Dancing In the Street."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dancing in the street ? Really????????????????

Ugh.

Also,a trivia question.

Who was the drummer for the Martha and the Vandellas version of "Dancing in the street"? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: David Bowie (celebrating his 66th Birthday) releasing new album.Here's a song and video from it,

Welcome back, Ziggy.  (I'll check out the links at home)

Is the answer Stevie Wonder...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: David Bowie (celebrating his 66th Birthday) releasing new album.Here's a song and video from it,

David Bowie has been in lots of our threads lately.   Since seeing that reference to "Low", he's everywhere.   

Nice song.  Not sure about the video, though.   His voice sounds a bit thin, but I'm sure the real thing sounds a lot better.  

Ugh, I don't like any of the hits mentioned in the press release, either.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Good guess,but that isn't the person.The drummer for" Dancing in the streets" was also one of the writers, the late,great Marvin Gaye.Gaye was the drummer on several early Motown hits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Good guess,but that isn't the person.The drummer for" Dancing in the streets" was also one of the writers, the late,great Marvin Gaye.Gaye was the drummer on several early Motown hits.

He was my next choice.  Good show!

Sections
Shortcuts