Did anybody watch the George Harrison special on HBO last night and tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Did anybody watch the George Harrison special on HBO last night and tonight?

I watched all of last night's and taped part 2 which was on tonight. Part 1 was great so I don't know if Part 2 can top it. A lot of it deals witht the fact that George was a talented artist and musician and basically the break up of the Beatles was the best thing to happen to him. They held back alot of his music in the late 60's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Did anybody watch the George Harrison special on HBO last night and tonight?

In Response to Did anybody watch the George Harrison special on HBO last night and tonight?:
    [QUOTE]I watched all of last night's and taped part 2 which was on tonight. Part 1 was great so I don't know if Part 2 can top it. A lot of it deals witht the fact that George was a talented artist and musician and basically the break up of the Beatles was the best thing to happen to him. They held back alot of his music in the late 60's.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]
    Hey Jay ... I saw a bit of it but had to go to bed. Am taping it as well. Didn't know there were two parts, though. Thanks for letting me know.
    Interesting that you could make the case that George's emergence as a songwriter is one reason the bad broke up. All that material on "All Things Must Pass" had actually been rejected from Let it Be and Abbey Road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Did anybody watch the George Harrison special on HBO last night and tonight?

Haven't seen it but I heard good things about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Don't have HBO, but I can't wait to see it.

I've gone on record here as saying he was my fab four fave....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Watched it today. Very well done and quite insightful. Learned a few new things. Bravo Scorcese.

The interviews with Phil Spector are a bit spooky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Did anybody watch the George Harrison special on HBO last night and tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Watched it today. Very well done and quite insightful. Learned a few new things. Bravo Scorcese. The interviews with Phil Spector are a bit spooky.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Ugh.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts