Do you agree????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Do you agree????

Found this article humorous, and in "some" cases I agree.....anyone here you don't think should be here? Anyone you would add???

Have a chuckle Laughing

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2013/03/ten_biggest_assholes_in_rock.php

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Do you agree????

Hilarious.

Sounds about right to me...I wonder if folks here might have some more personal anecdotes.  (I haven't met too many rock stars, but i.e., Jack Russell of Great White was a total d**k. Geoff Tate was super-gracious, as was George Lynch.)

I would probably add Jim Morrison, whose work in this field is legendary...he even sounds like an a**hole on record some times.

Maybe Diamond Dave, although I think he had some company with Eddie.

Nugent feels apt at #1, if only because I sense a bit of cruelty there as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

We can all use a laugh right about now, so thanks.   I have nothing to add from upfront experience, but I would say the number 1 and 2 slots are spot on; the discussions on this forum alone corroborate those choices.  The number one *******, in fact, didn't surprise me in the least.   

I do know someone who recorded Courtney Love a while back, and let me just say, based on the reports I heard from that experience (as well as what you may read in the media), she's very capable of holding onto her spot for the forseeable future.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have a couple to add:

1) Don Henley.  Henley's biggest sin, apparently, is hypocrisy.  In many of his songs he comes across as a great idealist, lamenting the destruction of America at the hands of the soulless and the greedy.  Yet he is himself, by all accounts, one of the greediest men in the music business.

2) John Bonham.  The general consensus I get from stories about Bonzo is that when he was sober, he was a decent guy.  But when he took to drink, steer clear, because if you looked at him the wrong way there was a good chance he'd punch your lights out.  And he took to drink a lot.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't think John Lydon should be singled out.

He played the role that was asked of him, obnoxious punk rocker. Some how in real life , I believe he is smarter than that, and was just putting us on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

2) John Bonham.  The general consensus I get from stories about Bonzo is that when he was sober, he was a decent guy.  But when he took to drink, steer clear, because if you looked at him the wrong way there was a good chance he'd punch your lights out.  And he took to drink a lot.  

"Rocker A**holes Under The Influence" is likely a whole separate category, but duly noted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think No. 1 has to be undisputed. Like Muhammad Ali.

Sections
Shortcuts