Do you like FAT chicks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Do you like FAT chicks?

So, RexReed came out and gave a scathing review of the new movie "Identity Theft"

BUT - Rex decided to go after Melissa McCarthy and her weight too in his review!

Now, I really enjoy her TV show Mike & Molly on Monday nights I think it can be very funny - at times. But, Melissa McCarthy's weight has nothing to do with me liking the show!

Much like Anne Wilson of the rock group HEART, another woman judged by her weight, the press prefers to overlook the talent and focus on the obsurd.

***** My question is - Is it fair to critique a performer based on their weight? size? ethnicity? accent? sexual orientation?

Thoughts?

New York Observer critic Rex Reed's scathing takedown of the new comedy Identity Thief is earning him some livid reviews.

That Reed disliked the movie, calling it "dreck" and a "chunk of junk" is hardly controversial; the film largely has been panned, earning a 26 percent positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Reed, instead, is taking heat for his shots at star Melissa McCarthy's weight, which he repeatedly ripped in stark, derisive terms.

In three paragraphs, Reed manages to shred the Oscar-nominated actress for her weight four times, calling her "tractor-sized," a "screeching, humongous creep" and a "female hippo." He dismisses her career as a study in "being obese and obnoxious with equal success."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Do you like FAT chicks?

What about N.J. Gov Christie?    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/nj-gov-christie-puts-weight-issue-table

Eric Stonestreet of Modern Family?

PS: If Fat Chicks is a group, I've never heard of them.