Downloading Beatles

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Downloading Beatles

Pardon me for asking, slim...

...but have you tried uploading CD tracks into iTunes (for eventual ipod consumption)...?

...or are these songs you don't own on CD...?

[Congrats on your impending nuptials.]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Downloading Beatles:
    [QUOTE]I've burned a bunch of CD's, converting them to MP3 along the way to save the space. My ears can't tell much, if any, difference in sound quality.  But then again  it took me a few days to notice I had imposters on that one download, so my ears might be shot! I had pretty much the entire Beatles catalog on vinyl, but I only replaced a couple of albums with CD.   'Twist and Shout' didn't seem to make it.  Gotta have the original. 
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

I see.

Not sure what/if beatles songs are available on itunes.  If taking a piecemeal approach, that may be a good way to go...

...short of buying the CDs and ripping them into itunes, anyway (OR borrowing the files from friends).

Also not sure why your aversion to apple...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

The way I get around Apple's request for a credit card is to use prepaid gift cards (available at discounted prices at BJs).  iTunes does ask for a credit card anyway, but you don't have to provide it (which I didn't realize till after I gave them my card number, unfortunately) -- but if you decline to give them a credit card number, iTunes just says okay, but you're missing these advantages-which-are-really-just-advantages-for-apple. 

I'd give that a try, Slim. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

PS:  Slim, can I recommend this song for your wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIrJK19dADI
    Van Morrison - Someone Like You

This song gets better the older (and wiser) you get.

Best wishes to you both!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

The Beatles resisted allowing their music to be available for down load for the longest time (it had something to do with them suing Apple for logo / trademark infringement) Only within the last few years have they allowed their music to be downloaded and I do believe it's only through the Apple/Ipod online store.

If you don't want to use them I suggest you should get the CD (Please Please Me) and install it into your I Tunes.  (Shame on you for not having it in your collection already)

PS Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]So I'm not sure about 'Please, Please Me' for this event though.  Already have 'Love Me Do', 'Can't Buy Me Love', and 'Something' on there, plus 'Twist and Shout'.   Can you have too much Beatles? 
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Slim,
    JKJ meant the album by that name.  :)   

Why don't you just ask us for suggestions for songs  --- you don't have to take them, of course, but you might get a few gems out of the deal.   :)   

And what's the play list for?   Will your guests be dancing to it?  How long do you need it to last?   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened - Style Council 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Baby the best
    is yet to come....

Slim -- this was our (first dance) song at our wedding, and Mr. Sandwich will still on occasion put that song on and dance me around the kitchen to it.  And since he really really hates to dance that is saying something about the power of it!  ;o)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Some Alison Krauss covers you might like (they're so, so pretty) for either slow dancing or the chill-out period later on:

Baby, Now That I've Found You

When You Say Nothing at All   -- prepare to melt :)

Gives you blue grass and gorgeous song bird all rolled into one.  

(BTW, Slim, I am truly happy for you)  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

If you like country at all, I suggest "Walk Through This World With Me" by George Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQaT9qL6iu0&feature=related

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Some Alison Krauss covers you might like (they're so, so pretty) for either slow dancing or the chill-out period later on: Baby, Now That I've Found You http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSuBHKhDyQ When You Say Nothing at All   -- prepare to melt :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsjZWlRVvo Gives you blue grass and gorgeous song bird all rolled into one.   (BTW, Slim, I am truly happy for you)  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Great choice. That is the song my wife and I consider "our song."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Downloading Beatles : Great choice. That is the song my wife and I consider "our song."
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]
    Really?  Sweet.  :)   Amazing song.  

I need to correct myself, actually, and say that this isn't a cover, since the song was written by songwriters that never performed it; anyone singing it would have it as their version.  Alison's version made hit status, that's all I know.   
    And BTW, I didn't realize it was a compilation at the time I got it, but "Now That I've Found You - A Collection" is the first album I picked up by Krauss ("When You Say Nothing at All" closes the album) -- highly recommended (have a feeling you already own it -- but just in case).  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

If you use an actual iPod, there are going to be pauses between every song which means that people will take that opportunity tp stop dancing. You should try to use a laptop and look for some DJ software that can cross- fade the songs. They are all going to be at different volumes, too. Also, you need to make sure you have the right speakers for dance music, you can't just plug it into your home stereo or iPod dock. You need to get speakers on stands to get them up. And then you'll get everybody messing with your playlist to hear the sonsg they want to hear. That's why people hire DJs to deal with these things. After 3 drinks, everybody starts to think that only they know what people reallyw ant to dance to and it's never the song that's playing.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Congratulations Slim.A couple of suggestions for songs leaning towards disco.The first is a song called "Do your dance" by Rose Royce (The band that did Car Wash).It's a really good mixture of Funk/Disco and Soul with a heavy influence of horns.If you don't like the 9 minute version,there's a 5 minute radio version available :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqtZHxfVc5A

The second recommendation is a song called "Boogie Nights" by Heatwave.This one is pure Disco and was a well known hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfN-vWWSQk

If you want to go with a more Rock /Disco sound,you could use "Miss you" from the Stones or "Do ya think I'm sexy" from Rod Stewart.Both are songs that people enjoy dancing to.

And a slow song:
    Fleetwood Mac - Hypnotized

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Slim,  This is what you want....

http://www.amazon.com/ION-Profile-LP-Vinyl-to-MP3-Turntable/dp/tags-on-product/B0029QRA1U

ION Profile LP Vinyl-to-MP3 Turntable
    Convert all your vinyl albums! $65 @ Amazon

They sell it at Linens N' Things too.....they mail a 20% off coupon all the time

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Have to include this one too Slim!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv36_QAVLsQ

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

WDYWN:  We gave our wedding band a list of songs to *not* play, and they played every single one of them.  That's why we paid the big bucks -- to be totally ignored.  :P  Not to mention that they waited till 10 seconds before our first dance to tell us they'd failed to learn our song and were just putting on a tape.

<sigh />

Slim taking care of his own playlist == a very good idea.  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

We had a band and they refused to play "our song", and pretty much copped an attitude about us because of our choice.

Bigmouth Strikes Again by The Smiths

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

As for wedding reception music; ANYTHING but "Old Time Rock & Roll"!!

I can't hear that song without wanting to hurt myself, and I like Bob Seger. Yell

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Jake:

I had a friend whose wedding song was Zep's "Whole Lotta Love".  SHe was only slightly concerned with how her grandmother might react to that romantic sentiment "wanna give you every inch of my love".

Sections
Shortcuts