Drive Faster to certain music

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Drive Faster to certain music

Simple question for licensed drivers in this community.

If either Radar Love (Golden Earring), Highway Star (Deep Purple) or Detroit Rock City (KISS) is coming out of your car speakers, are you more likely to drive just a tad faster? If not, is there a song that will put your pedal to the metal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Drive Faster to certain music

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

The Real Me - The Who

Supernaut - Black Sabbath

To name a few

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Funny you should post this today.

Last evening as I was driving toward home , WZLX Boston chose to play a song I don't hear on radio as often as I should....the above mentioned Highway Star. The opening to the song began as I was travelling east on RT. 6 and I was already beginning to press harder on the accelerator ....fortunately none of the local police were around to witness as my 4cyl. Izusu van reached 65 mph in a 55 mph zone....also I was pretty close to home , anyway ( the total trip takes 15-20 mins depending upon traffic and potholes). I was in the driveway as the Jon Lord organ kicked in and it was tempting to stay in the car for a few more minutes. But, I knew dinner was probably ready and someone gets mad when she has to reheat my meal in the microwave.

So ends the tale of how a scofflaw avoided capture by a small town police force ( it was probably dinner time for them , also!!...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone

Kix - Don't Close Your Eyes

And both songs on full blast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

for me

Modest Mouse - Dark Center of the Universe

Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name

Brand New - You Won't Know

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone

Kix - Don't Close Your Eyes

And both songs on full blast.

Kix - Don't Close Your Eyes. That is interesting Klaas. Great song for sure, but mellows me a bit. But to each their own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Don't Close Your Eyes probably doesn't belong here, but I like the song so much I couldn't resist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Foghat - Slow Ride

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Slow Ride certainly does not lead to a slow ride in my car.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nilsson - Jump Into the Fire

Sniff N' The Tears - Driver's Seat

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage

Neil Young - Sedan Delivery

Steely Dan - Bodhisattva

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

A certain activity caused me to drive so fast I twice almost killed us both.  ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

A certain activity caused me to drive so fast I twice almost killed us both.  ;-)

Motorbikes can be tricky like that.  :P

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I don't drive far above the speed limit, but for songs that give a real adrenalin jolt, I would choose:

(As mentioned) Highway Star

Day of the Eagle - Robin Trower

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Motorbikes can be tricky like that.  :P

Now THAT would be cool!  Gonna have to give some thought as to how that could work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I don't drive far above the speed limit, but for songs that give a real adrenalin jolt, I would choose:

(As mentioned) Highway Star

Day of the Eagle - Robin Trower

Around 1986 my mum hosted a young Scottish woman for about 6 months for a reason I can't remember.  I was completely in love with her, Morag (Scottish/Gaelic for Sarah)...IMO she was/is totally gorgeous, smart, funny, cool....a bundle of charisma.  We were very close friends (and are still in touch a bit) but she was not just waaayy out of my league I was so paralytically shy then nothing could developed anyway.

She was from Glasgow, well into music and happened to be friends with the then drummer in the Jesus and Mary Chain, Bobby Gillespie and was a giant fan of them.

It's extremely uncool, ignorant and selfish, but at the time most of my friends and myself would regularly drink and drive...and not just tipsy, sometimes really wasted.  Luckily none of us ever hurt anyone else on the road. It's one of my biggest regrets/shames, and I very aggressively made sure my older daughter wouldn't ever even ride with a drunk as I will with my little one and everyone else I know.  However, as one of us was particularly (relatively) good at driving drunk he was appointed as our Designated Drunk Driver.  Seriously, it was totally uncool, idiotic and, worse, unnecessary as we had sufficient resources to share a cab home if need be.

My belaboured point?  One night after seeing Lyres at TTs, then closing the club across the road (forget the name), my DDD drove himself, Morag me home...very drunk.  On the VFW Parkway, "Taste of Cindy" was played on FNX....Morag went nuts....shouting, laughing....you know, "good crazy". Then she went "bad crazy", dove into the front seat and grabbed the steering wheel shouting "I want to die" and tried to drive the car off the road into a wall.  Luckily our DDD was just able to prevent it happening.

What bunch of selfish, ignorant, anti-social little b@stards we were.  We are all much, much better now!  ;-)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Tom Petty - Running Down a Dream

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Baby Please Don't Go - The Amboy Dukes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8h9_KgFpc

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts