Driving Music - What songs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Driving Music - What songs

There are certain songs that were just made for when you are in your car driving.

Highway Star - Deep Purple
    Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy
    Ramblin Man - Allman Bros
    Detroit Rock City - KISS
    Saturday Night (High and Dry) - Def Leppard
    RnR Hootchie Coo - Rick Derringer
    Many others

You all get my drift. What are some of your favorites?

I personally think that it is never good for me to hear Highway Star when driving because I will put the pedal to the metal. Great f'n song.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Re: Driving Music - What songs

From an earlier day, many songs from the Four Tops, the Supremes,y'know, that Motown sound!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

U2's Hawk Moon 269 makes me step on the accelerator like a crazy woman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Doors LA Woman & Roadhouse Blues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Driving Music - What songs:
    From an earlier day, many songs from the Four Tops, the Supremes,y'know, that Motown sound!
    Posted by easydoesit2

Really - Motown usually puts me in a nice relaxed mood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

U2's Hawk Moon 269 makes me step on the accelerator like a crazy woman.
    Posted by kargiver

Don't get too crazy Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Doors LA Woman & Roadhouse Blues.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Yeah - this is definitely on my list and I am not the biggest of Doors fans. Their version of the Alabama song also puts me in a bit of a mood when I am driving. I guess I start looking for the next Whiskey Bar filled with pretty little girls. (above 18 of course)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Can't let this thread go too far without mentioning Sniff -n- the Tears' Drivers' Seat(now there's a one-hit wonder for you). Another song that came almost immediately to mind was Christopher Cross' Ride Like the Wind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

On the humorous side there's Sammy Hagar's I Can't Drive 55, though the funniest part might be Sammy's bombastic vocal.  Then there's Queen with I'm in Love with My Car, and ZZ Top's Arrested for Driving While Blind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

On the humorous side there's Sammy Hagar's I Can't Drive 55, though the funniest part might be Sammy's bombastic vocal.  Then there's Queen with I'm in Love with My Car, and ZZ Top's Arrested for Driving While Blind.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Excellent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Can anyone confirm this:

During the Mott The Hoople 1974 tour with Queen as the supporting act that in Harrisburg, PA, Aerosmith also joined the bill.

If that happened, holy cr ap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"I Want to be Your Driver", Chuck Berry

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Drinking, driving and Rock'n'Roll don't mix.

The way some of you are talking, I sure hope none of you drink, but the other two are O.K. together.

Honestly, I can listen to anything while I am driving and it doesn't affect my speed and driving habits. I find it to be a calming influence to have music I like playing. Road rage can sometimes get the best of me.

Ever notice how the guy in the other car is usually an idiot? Either that or they all know my schedule and make it a point to drive while I'm driving.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Ever notice how the guy in the other car is usually an idiot? Either that or they all know my schedule and make it a point to drive while I'm driving.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I have noticed that.

Another thing I notice a lot is people who think they're invisible when they're inside their car. How many times have you pulled up to a traffic light and the guy next to you is rocking out to Don't Stop Believing as if he's at home in the shower?

Hilarious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Driving Music - What songs : I have noticed that. Another thing I notice a lot is people who think they're invisible when they're inside their car. How many times have you pulled up to a traffic light and the guy next to you is rocking out to Don't Stop Believing as if he's at home in the shower? Hilarious.
    Posted by p-mike

That's kind of a "chick" song , so I would wonder about any guy who was getting a little too excited with that one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Driving Music - What songs : That's kind of a "chick" song , so I would wonder about any guy who was getting a little too excited with that one.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Not a big fan of it either, but it was an interesting choice for a song to be used on the final episode of the Sopranos. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

State of Massachusetts - Dropkick Murphys
    Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies
    Sedated - Ramones
    Haruka Kanata - Asian Kung Fu Generation
    Santeria - Sublime
    Ready, Steady, Go -L'Arc N Cil (the bass line in there is to die for...)
    Warning - Green Day
    Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

(I really need to be working on my commissions...yet I keep finding ways to avoid them....)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Roadrunner

Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

State of Massachusetts - Dropkick Murphys Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies Sedated - Ramones Haruka Kanata - Asian Kung Fu Generation Santeria - Sublime Ready, Steady, Go -L'Arc N Cil (the bass line in there is to die for...) Warning - Green Day Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who (I really need to be working on my commissions...yet I keep finding ways to avoid them....)
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Nice - my love from the Sox forum is here. Good call on Suicidal Tendencies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

State of Massachusetts - Dropkick Murphys Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies Sedated - Ramones Haruka Kanata - Asian Kung Fu Generation Santeria - Sublime Ready, Steady, Go -L'Arc N Cil (the bass line in there is to die for...) Warning - Green Day Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who (I really need to be working on my commissions...yet I keep finding ways to avoid them....)
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Nice to see you in the music forum. I like your choice of the Ramones, they're a fave of mine. And the Who, that's a classic. I really like the Dropkick's "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" aka Papelbon's theme.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Actually, it was something Zilla said on the Front Burner...and I'm all like, dude, we have a music forum too?  Way cool!   So I checked it out.  

My daughter and I make what we call a Driving Tape (well, its all on the iPod now) every year for our trip back east.   There are some songs that are meant to be played at top volume while flying down 90 East.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Nice topic, Jess! I'll add ...
    "Born to Run," Springsteen. (Got to be careful on the speed)
    "Jessica," Allman Brothers
    "London Calling," Clash
    "Hold On, I'm Coming," Sam and Dave
    "Flirting With Disaster," Molly Hatchett
    "The Spirit of Radio," Rush (Usually beat the hell out of my wheel trying to be Neil)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Posted by Yoshimi25

Yes! More participants! And good posters , too!

Welcome here, Yoshimi and Lloyd!

More Ramones fans too!, Life is not as bad as I thought!

I always felt people who don't like the Ramones should be sedated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Driving Music - What songs : Yes! More participants! And good posters , too! Welcome here, Yoshimi and Lloyd! More Ramones fans too!, Life is not as bad as I thought! I always felt people who don't like the Ramones should be sedated.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Love the Ramones.  Always been bit of a punk rock girl....even though I grew up on classic rock...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Driving Music - What songs : Love the Ramones.  Always been bit of a punk rock girl....even though I grew up on classic rock...
    Posted by Yoshimi25

The two go together nicely...not really that much difference when you really think about it.

Throw in a little Alternative rock,, a bit of Folk music, some Grunge, and some rockin' Blues numbers and you've got yourself a nice Rock'n'Roll stew...like the one that Steve Winwood talks about in the old Traffic tune.

But please, no disco or rap...those are not subgenres of rock , despite what people who call themselves experts might think.