Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

Hi Everyone,

Since I've seen a voting / scoring thread in action, I know it's really best to leave comments out of the mix. 

Also, if you have a question (seriously), I might not see it or find it right away.

Please feel free to comment in this thread instead of the voting thread.

You're the best. 
    Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

Slim asked:

So a notable omission (to my ears and eyes anyway) Tanya Donelly. And personally not a fan, but Juliana Hatfield probably should've made list too.

Slim,
    I also hold TD and JH in high regard. 

The rocker thread game is for a group to have fun and end up, with patience, with a favorite.  We're not really judging who is "best" or who is the "greatest", it really boils down to a group favorite.

The list is not, and is not meant to be an all inclusive, comprehensive list of female rockers.   It's a cut at some of the favorites, many of whom this forum in particular, discuss on a repeated basis. 

I don't mean to discriminate, but I did conduct a poll about this thread close to two weeks ago and the regular members of the forum gave me input.  I also sent out the list last week for input.

I am such a "girl" about getting consensus, it's annoying even to me.  So I feel the list was derived by the group quite fairly.  I did have to make a few "executive" decisions, primarily to limit the length of the list.  The main point being, I also wanted to limit the length of time it will take to reach our destination with a winner!

The ultimate bottom line: keeping the list a reasonable length.

Also, Slim, I changed the rules.  I've seen this done with only ONE vote up and ONE vote down per / day.   This takes even LONGER.   So to expedite the process and make it more fun,  I upped the voting to TWO each up and down per day. 

Again, I don't mean to discriminate, but I can't help but say that the regulars on the board speak up and they're the ones that are there when I need them.  A great group of people  (smart, too). 

Hope this helps.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Question:
    While I'm here, can I use both my plus (or both negative) votes on one person?

Answer:
    No. 

You need to always select two names each for your plus and minus votes. 
    Thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I always thought Melissa was over-rated. Sorry Yoga - I know we are supposed to limit the comments. I beg your fogiveness.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No problem, jessey.
    I share no love for Melissa.  She isn't a favorite around here, either! 

Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

question -

i voted to add a point to the same two women i added a point to yesterday...is that against the rules?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need):
    [QUOTE]question - i voted to add a point to the same two women i added a point to yesterday...is that against the rules?
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    Fine with me.  I've never seen that as a problem.  You want your faves to win, you vote for them.  Makes sense.

If you like a few of them, you might want to share your love, but that's up to you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i plan on it...i just wanted to give alanis some extra lovin Wink

i am feeling out how everyone else is voting, and i will pounce when the time is right

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

my favorite is far and away Kim Deal from the Pixies. Great voice, and one heck of a base player for one of the greatest bands the world has ever heardWink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Top of my head (not really "rockers" either):

Stevie Nicks (legend/godmother)
    Natalie Merchant (semi-retired, gifted lyricist, unique voice and great phrasing with the vocals)
    Lucinda Williams (underrated, one of American's best songwriters of the last 20 yrs)
    Kasey Chambers (underrated Aussie country/pop songwriter)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

that isn't how it works...copy the very last post in the thread (which you can immediately go to on the music forum page by clicking on the "latest post" link...[not the poster's name, but the amount of time ago it has been posted is what you click on])

remove a point from two names, and add a point to two names (immediately next to the person's name)

once finished, list the four names at the bottom, stating who you voted to add, and who you voted to remove a point from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Please limit comments in this thread.  It's a long thread, and we've barely gotten started.  love, yoga --------------------------- This was my fear, that I mintioned. So I posted a vote for Janis, and then copied the previous, running tally.  Is someone (you) updating the votes? Fun, and thanks Yoga!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]
    Greg,

I'll tell you what's best.

Please delete your post from the main thread.

Tell me how you want to vote. 

Give me two names for PLUS votes.

Give me two names for MINUS votes.

I'll pop in your votes today for you.  Hopefully you'll see this.
    Thanks, Greg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

One that I though of a little too late was Marianne Faithfull, though I only really know her by one album, Broken English, which has to be one of the alltime kick-butt albums by a female.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]One that I though of a little too late was Marianne Faithfull, though I only really know her by one album, Broken English, which has to be one of the alltime kick-butt albums by a female.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]Bummer that you thought of her too late to be added to the list. 
    She's an interesting choice, and she probably would have flown under the radar and lasted well into the competition.
    Next time. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Patti Smith -1 (Buh-bye ugly one)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advice: Watch your back, jessey.

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i cant believe how much love mcvie has gotten so far

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

We can do double votes in a single round both positive and negative? That changes the game somewhat. I have to go change my vote.

Alanis - you are next on my hit list.

Since my favorite female rocker is not even on this list, I fear no repercussions.

And it felt so good to rid this forum of Patti Smith.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

no, you can't do double votes on one person

i'll agree on the "ugly one," but alanis is amazing!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]We can do double votes in a single round both positive and negative? That changes the game somewhat. I have to go change my vote. Alanis - you are next on my hit list. Since my favorite female rocker is not even on this list, I fear no repercussions. And it felt so good to rid this forum of Patti Smith.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/
    QUOTE]

No DOUBLE votes either positive or negative, jessey.  That was clarified already.

Any given day, two names plus, two names minus. 

Also, I thought Joan Jett was your favorite female rocker.  Been holding out on me?    Or has it been Lita all along?   Why didn't you ask to have her added?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If it was me, I would have included Aimee Mann...

...but it wasn't me, so all I have to say is "Great job with a tough task, yoga!!"

It's better if one person comes up with the starting list, otherwise the game would be over before it started.

And Patti, RIP....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I love Joan and Lita, but I did mention Ann Wilson's sister to you. Miss Nancy Wilson. I love her 80's videos with Heart after Ann put on a couple of pounds. But you did not add her, so I have no worries about any sentimental favorites. And no one in their right mind would start messing with Joan. She might come here and kick someone a $$.

And for those of you who hold miss Patti Smith in high esteem, I want to say I am sorry for voting her off.

NOT

Horses - horses - horses

Horses-a $$ is more like it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I cannot wait until we get to guitarists, singers and even bands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

nancy wilson is definitely on the list jessey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]I love Joan and Lita, but I did mention Ann Wilson's sister to you. Miss Nancy Wilson. I love her 80's videos with Heart after Ann put on a couple of pounds. But you did not add her, so I have no worries about any sentimental favorites.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

<hitting forehead with palm of hand right now>

Woah, jessey, man.  She's on the list, so maybe you need reading glasses. 
    Laughing
    If anything, I knew I would NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT if I did not put your requested name on the list.  That is why Nancy IS on the list.  

Now please take a look.  Then come back and admit your error. 

Trying very hard not to burst into a laughing fit right now.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts