Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

Oh cr*p - get this old man a new pair of glasses.

I will have to start pumping her numbers up now.

Who was the second lead on the Supremes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need):
    If it was me, I would have included Aimee Mann... ...but it wasn't me, so all I have to say is "Great job with a tough task, yoga!!" It's better if one person comes up with the starting list, otherwise the game would be over before it started. And Patti, RIP....
    Posted by MattyScornD
    An evolved male.  What a concept.  You so get this. 

And thank you.  You've either seen this yourself (perhaps as a family dynamic) at home, at your workplace, or have heard about it from your beloved wife, but either way, it's called, "the girls do the heavy lifting, and the boys do all the complaining" and when it's all over,  the girls tell the boys that next time, they can do the heavy lifting so they can find out how "easy" it is.

mmmmm.  Can't wait. 

ps I actually took Kate Bush off the list myself, b/c I don't like her and knew she wouldn't win anyhow.  I also removed PJ Harvey.  This was to fit in requested names like Aretha, NANCY Wilson, Chaka Khan, etc., b/c I was trying to be accomodating.  I even put Sheryl Crowe on the list, and I can't tolerate her. But you know,  "it's only a movie", right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Oh cr*p - get this old man a new pair of glasses. I will have to start pumping her numbers up now. Who was the second lead on the Supremes?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Where's my apology?

And what do the Supremes have to do with this?  

I'll be back later, I have to run.   The apology better be here when I get back. 
    :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : An evolved male.  What a concept.  You so get this.  And thank you.  You've either seen this yourself (perhaps as a family dynamic) at home, at your workplace, or have heard about it from your beloved wife, but either way, it's called, "the girls do the heavy lifting, and the boys do all the complaining" and when it's all over,  the girls tell the boys that next time, they can do the heavy lifting so they can find out how "easy" it is. mmmmm.  Can't wait. 
    Posted by yogafriend

I can't take all the credit.  Some has to go to my 5 (yes, 5) sisters, who helped me learn right from wrong and for whom I had to dispose of a few creeps in my time.

I'm just happy one of the sultriest voices in rock ever, Ms. Napolitano, made the cut, so I'll just shut up and count my blessings.  Thx again, yoga.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

This is apropos of nothing, except it has to do with a female vocalist. Here is a link to one of my favorites songs. Sadly, the singer is no longer with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ljF-jSUBM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sorry seems to be the hardest word.

Forgive me my love for I do not know what I am doing sometimes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

. And for those of you who hold miss Patti Smith in high esteem, I want to say I am sorry for voting her off. NOT Horses - horses - horses Horses-a $$ is more like it.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I would like to return my MBE to the Queen with love, in protest to the US involvement in Libya, the rising cost of oil, and against Patti Smith being voted off this list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : I can't take all the credit.  Some has to go to my 5 (yes, 5) sisters, who helped me learn right from wrong and for whom I had to dispose of a few creeps in my time. I'm just happy one of the sultriest voices in rock ever, Ms. Napolitano, made the cut, so I'll just shut up and count my blessings.  Thx again, yoga.
    Posted by MattyScornD
    GASP.  Seriously?  That's serious boot camp for a boy growing up.  Your parents were naive, crazy, brave.  Hopefully cool, too.

I never thought I would find myself laughing this much in the music forum!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Sorry seems to be the hardest word. Forgive me my love for I do not know what I am doing sometimes.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    All's well and thank you for your apology.

For my money, this has to be one of the funniest things you've ever done or said around here. Capturing it on video would have been sooooo great, but I'll have to settle for the text in the comments box.  Really, I can't tell you how hard I was laughing!

Now go rescue Nancy, she needs you.  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

I think we need one more rule - No Yellow Fonts!  WT-F (OMG W-TF is bad?  W-T-F! WhatTF! WhatThePhuuuuuuck!),  if I didn't know better I'd think j-man was being intentionally obnoxious.  I almost nullified his votes for spite, before the professional in me took control.  Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I think we need one more rule - No Yellow Fonts!  WT-F (OMG W-TF is bad?  W-T-F! WhatTF! WhatThePhuuuuuuck!),  if I didn't know better I'd think j-man was being intentionally obnoxious.  I almost nullified his votes for spite, before the professional in me took control. 
    Posted by SlimPickensII

You people voted off Patti,  I say anything goes

I was going to go this route 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

They campaign for Oscar's, so why not here.

You can have this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaW_NWLHv1E&feature=related

oR yOu cAN hAVe tHiS. i Am sURe yOu wiLl  mAke thE rIgHt chOiCE .

Vote early and often for Johnette!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

oR yOu cAN hAVe tHiS. i Am s URe yO u wiLl  mAke thE rIgHt chOiCE .
    Posted by SlimPickensII

i actually like looking at that a lot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If I may - one of my other favorite females in rock/pop is Mary Wilson of the Supremes. I always thought that she got ripped off.

Hey Matty - I know what it is like to only have sisters. And pretty much all female cousins as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

down with the wilsons!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

jkj is a devil.   For some strange reason, you've grown on me, joe, even if you are a little vindictive.  ha ha. 

As for the light colored fonts ... I have to agree.  I'd like to ban them, but do you really think jkj will listen to me?

I just select and change to black the second I paste the list, what else can we  do? 

The fun is only getting started. 

Hope you all can see after one week how long this game can take.  Makes it a lot easier to understand why the list had to be limited to a reasonable number.

But it's a bit of fun, no matter how you look at it.  :)

I'm not sure if I have the nerve to make trouble with the Wilsons ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

I'm not sure if I have the nerve to make trouble with the Wilsons ...
    Posted by yogafriend

jessey is out for alanis...

jkj's avatar is perfect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : jessey is out for alanis... jkj's avatar is perfect.
    Posted by phsmith8

Like I said, the fun is only starting. 

Keep your strategy to yourself.  That's my advice, and that's all I'll say.

I love jkj's avatar, and always have. He came into the forum one day, made himself at home, and I've been laughing ever since.   He's got a memory like a trap door, and I would not mess with him.
      Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If I may - one of my other favorite females in rock/pop is Mary Wilson of the Supremes. I always thought that she got ripped off. Hey Matty - I know what it is like to only have sisters. And pretty much all female cousins as well.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Actually, I also have an older brother.  Before we grew up enough to get along, my sisters would play like caesars and get us to fight each other for their amusement (when they weren't fighting each other).  Ironically enough, I still look at those years as some of the good times....weird family...hard to explain....

Anyhoo, it also exposed me to many female (and classic) artists I otherwise would have ignored.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Speaking of sisters, my early musical taste was formed by my oldest sister. I grew up listening to her Beatles and Motown singles. We both seemed to gravitate to music and we both like to dance. Years later when on a trip with her, I played her some Captain Beefheart, and she liked it. I was mildly surprised, but when I thought about it, it made sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

My oldest sister took me to my first concert.  I was 11 1/2 years old. 

It was AC/DC at the Providence Civic Center.

The rest is history.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

The only concert that I went to that any family member took an interest was the Who in 1979 about a week after the tragedy in Cincinnati (general admission where 11 people were squished to death trying to get the best seats)  Everyone was hesitant to go because they were afraid the would get killed (which was ridiculous) and nobody in my group was going to go.  My mother was pleading with me to stay away, it was dangerous.  Only my father was supportive, he told me to get there early and try to get into the front row.  

I got him a Tee Shirt for his support.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

The only concert that I went to that any family member took an interest was the Who in 1979 about a week after the tragedy in Cincinnati (general admission where 11 people were squished to death trying to get the best seats)  Everyone was hesitant to go because they were afraid the would get killed (which was ridiculous) and nobody in my group was going to go.  My mother was pleading with me to stay away, it was dangerous.  Only my father was supportive, he told me to get there early and try to get into the front row.   I got him a Tee Shirt for his support.
    Posted by jkjband

and so the pieces of the puzzle come together......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Hi Everyone,

In deference to people who don't post in the forums over the weekend, I am going to make a souful yoga decision about the voting. 

There's no reason to exclude the weekend days; voting on Saturday and Sunday is legit. 

Our regular posters, and certainly regulars who have started playing the thread who do not vote over the weekend, will be allowed to vote TWICE on Monday (not three times) to make up for the weekend.  

Please vote TWICE on Monday. 
    Please do not make eight (8) votes in one ballot.  Please copy and paste twice, as that way you can vote for the same person(s) twice, if you so desire, which you cannot do on a single ballot  (plus, it's too confusing anyhow)

Hope this seems fair to all of you (and makes sense).

Leave me a comment if you have any questions or problems.  Thanks.

Enjoy your weekend.  8)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

so wait, do you get ONE vote for sat and ONE for sunday, or ONE to do on either sat OR sunday? 

i voted today, do i vote once on monday or twice? because that would essentially be me getting three votes if not. i dont know if this is a stupid question.

Sections
Shortcuts