Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

haha. alanis brought the rocker chick girl to the mainstream again in the 90s and was all but ubiquitous on the airwaves. i loved her attitude, and she had a handful of hits that really reached out to a wide audience.

joan jett has aged very, very well. she could definitely get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey Chazz - I have noticed that you have been giving Joan Jett a hard time. I know - I give Patti Smith are hard time on this forum.

What don't you like about Joan? Would love to know your opinions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Alanis did very well in the thread, IMHO.  Just because she didn't win "fave" doesn't mean she has not made her mark and isn't great. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need):
    [QUOTE]Hey Chazz - I have noticed that you have been giving Joan Jett a hard time. I know - I give Patti Smith are hard time on this forum. What don't you like about Joan? Would love to know your opinions.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]jessey, I think you have a bit of nerve asking someone this question after the way you have behaved. LaughingWe can vote people down without "disliking" them -- we just like other performers more.  It's not necessarily black and white. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]We can vote people down without "disliking" them -- we just like other performers more.  It's not necessarily black and white. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed with this ... obviously it's getting increasingly tougher to assign the negative votes since just about everyone still standing is worthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am just looking for a fellow forum members opinion. I am not taking issue with it. What is my cup of tea maybe someone else's poison. But I do like to hear what others think about certain artists.

I agree with Gerbs as to why the voting process is becoming more difficult. But just like I was against Patti from the start, Chazz has been fairly consistent with his voting. So I would like his opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

We still have a couple of days before we get there, but what happens when there are 3 left?  Can we use our votes anyway we like?  +2 for a favorite and -1's for the others, etc?

And when there are 2? It seems like it might not matter,  but if someone is holding on by a hair, say only 2 votes left, I could knock them out with my 2 negative votes.  But if I only get 1 at that point she could still make a comeback ala the Sox/Yankees.

I haven't even touched on the possibilities for a still bitter j-man to really mess with us if we're still working with 4 votes at that stage!

Sorry, these questions are going to blow Greg from Meffa's mind, he was already struggling.  j/k Greg!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Glad Christine McVie has hung on as long as she has, especially being one of the last true musicians specializing more in songwriting and playing than in vocals.

I don't think anyone doubts Rumors would not have been the all-time smash it turned out to be without her pop sensibilities.  Her keyboard work is also badly underrated.  (as is Aretha's, come to think of it)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I'm very happy Christine McVie has lasted so far into the game, too.  I've been trying to keep Christine's "candidacy" alive, but I admit to feeling that I need to use my votes wisely ... and while I felt terrible abandoning her in my most recent round (today), that is why I did not change her stats.  I feel very guilty about it. 

She may not be one of the all-time "greats" at the top, universal level, but McVie has always had a place in my heart and soul.  She's extremely under-stated and while that may have also been interpreted as "aloof" (and if so, that doesn't phase me), but I've always seen her as an artist that simply never needed the limelight to showcase her talent.  "Spare Me a Little of Your Love" ?  That song still transports me.  Go Christine Perfect. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Sadly, I was unable to contribute the last few days, so a few of my top choices were decimated...esp. Alanis and Johnette...

...that'll teach me to let a day go by unchallenged on these games.  :|

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

wIn Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need):
    [QUOTE]We still have a couple of days before we get there, but what happens when there are 3 left? 

Slim, great questions.  I did address this earlier in this thread, but the comments are now getting lost, so I'm going to post a new thread about "the rule change up" so everyone will see.

We are going to go down to one vote up / down per day when we get to the final four (or five).  

And when there are 2?

It's going to depend on what the scores are by then, so it's anyone's guess.  If there is a CLEAR frontrunner, then it's not an issue.  But if two are running neck and neck, we'll have to see who among us is the most stubborn. 

It seems like it might not matter,  but if someone is holding on by a hair, say only 2 votes left, I could knock them out with my 2 negative votes.  But if I only get 1 at that point she could still make a comeback ala the Sox/Yankees.
    No and yes. 

I haven't even touched on the possibilities for a still bitter j-man to really mess with us if we're still working with 4 votes at that stage! Sorry, these questions are going to blow Greg from Meffa's mind, he was already struggling.  j/k Greg!
    We won't be working with 4 votes.  And j-man doesn't phase me, any more than he phases you.   Hahahaha!!
    Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]Sadly, I was unable to contribute the last few days, so a few of my top choices were decimated...esp. Alanis and Johnette... ...that'll teach me to let a day go by unchallenged on these games.  :|
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

you jerk! alanis was the one i voted for every time...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Chrissy Hynde is my favorite female rocker.  She grew up approx. 30 mi. south of Cleveland, closer to Akron, in a town called Cuyahoga Falls.  I've heard and read at least 50 times that she worked, as a teenager, in concession stands at Blossom Music Center not far from where she lived.  The latter is a large, outdoor Amphitheater that has a roof. Behind it is a huge lawn where people can sit on blankets.  Symphony, rock, pop, country, etc., perform there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]Chrissy Hynde is my favorite female rocker.  She grew up approx. 30 mi. south of Cleveland, closer to Akron, in a town called Cuyahoga Falls.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Bringing to mind one of my fave Pretenders lyrics:

The farms of Ohio had been replaced by shopping malls
    and Muzak filled the air from Seneca to Cuyahoga Falls...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]I am just looking for a fellow forum members opinion. I am not taking issue with it. What is my cup of tea maybe someone else's poison. But I do like to hear what others think about certain artists. I agree with Gerbs as to why the voting process is becoming more difficult. But just like I was against Patti from the start, Chazz has been fairly consistent with his voting. So I would like his opinion.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey jessey,  first of all I'm a girl.

Second of all as a girl, Joan Jett's music never really appealed to me, I lean more toward the alternative/new wave side of rock  and roll.  Neither did she do anything for me sexually....... 

Sorry !!Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

ouch!  jesse got pwned.  (chazz: look up 'cat loves dolphin' on youtube...based on your avatar, you'll love it)

and @ phsmith...sorry, man, but sometimes work has to intrude (sometimes wo/ the internet).  For my penance, I resolve to watch the last 10 minutes and end credits of "dogma" tonight three times.  (I didn't get ANY love for aimee mann either, so there's that, too.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am always getting my A $$ handed to me by the ladies of this forum. And I assumed - that is totally reckless of me.

Chazz508 - I beg your humble forgiveness.

And I do thank you for explaining your likes and dislikes.

Why do I always get in trouble with the ladies of BDC?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Why do I always get in trouble with the ladies of BDC?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I am the reigning and sole female / chick / yogini on this forum, I am the only one who has been consistently here as a contributor and long-standing member for close to a year.  I am the only female who has true grit apparently. 
    Me and my yoga mat.

I get to do what I want, and if that means giving you a hard time, then that is the price you have to pay for my lovliness gracing this forum.  Oh, I'm humble, too.  (like my sig)  Why there are no other girls who stick around, I can't say, but I have earned my keep here, IMHO.

Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Matty,
    I hope you see this, but since you weren't around earlier this week  (if you go back a couple pages here in comments),  but since some of us voted over the weekend, I  said it was okay for the regulars who weren't around to vote TWICE on Monday.

You never did that, and while I can't help you out for the other days, feel free to vote twice on Thursday (or today for that matter).  It would not have saved your faves even if you had voted,  You have handled the outcome admirably. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]I'm very happy Christine McVie has lasted so far into the game, too.  I've been trying to keep Christine's "candidacy" alive, but I admit to feeling that I need to use my votes wisely ... and while I felt terrible abandoning her in my most recent round (today), that is why I did not change her stats.  I feel very guilty about it.  She may not be one of the all-time "greats" at the top, universal level, but McVie has always had a place in my heart and soul.  She's extremely under-stated and while that may have also been interpreted as "aloof" (and if so, that doesn't phase me), but I've always seen her as an artist that simply never needed the limelight to showcase her talent.  "Spare Me a Little of Your Love" ?  That song still transports me.  Go Christine Perfect. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I am still fighting for Christine McVie. I think her vocals are divine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]ouch!  jesse got pwned.  (chazz: look up 'cat loves dolphin' on youtube...based on your avatar, you'll love it) and @ phsmith...sorry, man, but sometimes work has to intrude (sometimes wo/ the internet).  For my penance, I resolve to watch the last 10 minutes and end credits of "dogma" tonight three times.  (I didn't get ANY love for aimee mann either, so there's that, too.)

Sorry it took me so long to add my support, but I love Aimee Mann. I really love "Til Tuesday's album Everything's Different Now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]The one set of votes that I am not getting is Tina Turner. I started voting for her but saw that no one else had much interest. I think she is the Queen of RnR, but I guess I was wrong. Yoga - forget about unique - we would be a HOT alliance. Kind of like the Angelina/Brad of BDC Ok - maybe more like the Keith Richards - Patti Hansen hot.

By the time I noticed that Tina Turner needed help, I was too late. She is amazing, jess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]ouch!  jesse got pwned.  (chazz: look up 'cat loves dolphin' on youtube...based on your avatar, you'll love it) and @ phsmith...sorry, man, but sometimes work has to intrude (sometimes wo/ the internet).  For my penance, I resolve to watch the last 10 minutes and end credits of "dogma" tonight three times.  (I didn't get ANY love for aimee mann either, so there's that, too.)

Hey Matty, thanks....but could only find "dog loves dolphin"??...

I love aimee mann too.  And she still looks hot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]I am always getting my A $$ handed to me by the ladies of this forum. And I assumed - that is totally reckless of me. Chazz508 - I beg your humble forgiveness. And I do thank you for explaining your likes and dislikes. Why do I always get in trouble with the ladies of BDC?

lol....no big deal, I'm just here to have some fun (and learn some things too!)Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Never really liked Aimee's looks (she's a blonde, after all), but love her as a musician.   And I've seen her perform live, too, a few times, including when she was a lot younger (she was definitely more of a babe then). 

Look, I gave you all a chance for input and you didn't speak up, so please stop guilting me about Mann.   I would have gladly put her on the list, but no one suggested her, and I had so many other names to consider, I was deferential to the people who gave me their input.  Live and learn.