Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : I am still fighting for Christine McVie. I think her vocals are divine.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]
    dd, you and I are the ones who have consistently had Christine's back.  I'll go back on the campaign trail for her tomorrow and see where things stand.  I felt very guilty today. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yes Yoga - you are my Queen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : Bringing to mind one of my fave Pretenders lyrics: The farms of Ohio had been replaced by shopping malls and Muzak filled the air from Seneca to Cuyahoga Falls...
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]
    Gerbs, very perceptive.  ...............Also, although Chrissie is American, I believe most or all of the Pretenders behind her were British.  If I am not mistaken.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : Gerbs, very perceptive.  ...............Also, although Chrissie is American, I believe most or all of the Pretenders behind her were British.  If I am not mistaken.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, I really loved Chrissie until she broke up with Ray Davies.  Never felt the same about her after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

what about regina spektor

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : you jerk! alanis was the one i voted for every time...
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]What?  How did I miss this?  Play nice. 

And speaking of playing nice, my heart is being pierced with some of the votes.  Yet I endeavor to be a good sport.  If I cry, I cry when no one is around; I don't like pulling the "girl crying" card on anyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : What?  How did I miss this?  Play nice.  And speaking of playing nice, my heart is being pierced with some of the votes.  Yet I endeavor to be a good sport.  If I cry, I cry when no one is around; I don't like pulling the "girl crying" card on anyone.
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

tears are an aphrodesiac

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : Funny thing, I really loved Chrissie until she broke up with Ray Davies.  Never felt the same about her after that.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]Wow, you're tough holding on to a grudge.  Wink

Why did you opt out of the female rocker game thread?  Just not your thing?  Or is it because I didn't put that Canadian rocker chick you like on the list (you once posted an album cover of a rocker you had a "thing" for, but I don't remember her name).  I would have considered her, but I don't know if anyone else would have known who she was!    ha ha!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

alanis is canadian, hfx better respect her! haha. i think if i ever met alanis i would literally grovel at her feet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Never really liked Aimee's looks (she's a blonde, after all), but love her as a musician.   And I've seen her perform live, too, a few times, including when she was a lot younger (she was definitely more of a babe then).  Look, I gave you all a chance for input and you didn't speak up, so please stop guilting me about Mann.   I would have gladly put her on the list, but no one suggested her, and I had so many other names to consider, I was deferential to the people who gave me their input.  Live and learn. 

Please...no guilt at all was intended or implied by my whining.  Of course, no list can be exhaustive (esp. with this group)...every list has to stop somewhere, and I stand by my original statement of "great job, yoga!"

After all, we didn't even get into the whole female-musician-as-supporting-band-member discussion, which would have included such talented ladies as Kim Gordon, Tina Weymouth, Tanya Donnelly, The Deal sisters, Jen Batten, etc., or younger rockers like Meg White, Karen O., Liz Phair, or singer-songwriters like Ani DiFranco, Carole King, et al.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

OH MAN, carole king would have been awesome on that list. what a songwriter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : Wow, you're tough holding on to a grudge.  Why did you opt out of the female rocker game thread?  Just not your thing?  Or is it because I didn't put that Canadian rocker chick you like on the list (you once posted an album cover of a rocker you had a "thing" for, but I don't remember her name).  I would have considered her, but I don't know if anyone else would have known who she was!    ha ha!

Yeah I'm sorry about that yogafriend, I will try to get in on the next one.  I'm an accountant and I'm up to my eyeballs in tax returns right now.  I just didn't think I would have enough time for it...plus I had a little technical problem with the copying and pasting part that I might need some help with.

I know that's kind of weird the way I feel about Chrissie Hynde because she broke up with Ray Davies.  It's just that Ray is one of my absolute idols and I thought they would be the alltime perfect rock couple.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : Yeah I'm sorry about that yogafriend, I will try to get in on the next one.  I'm an accountant and I'm up to my eyeballs in tax returns right now.  I just didn't think I would have enough time for it...plus I had a little technical problem with the copying and pasting part that I might need some help with. I know that's kind of weird the way I feel about Chrissie Hynde because she broke up with Ray Davies.  It's just that Ray is one of my absolute idols and I thought they would be the alltime perfect rock couple.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]Gosh, you are a true romantic, Hfx.  I can understand being disappointed and a bit crushed by something like that.

And no apology necessary regarding the thread.  It's just that you've always chimed in on all of the female rocker threads and tangents, so when you didn't join the game, I assumed perhaps work was in the way.  Very annoying when that happens.  :)   You'll catch the next game thread and we'll work out the copy/paste problem. 

Good luck getting through the remainder of your craziest time of the year. 

PS My accountant is a female rocker, BTW!!  She's been in a local band for a very long time.  She's a fantastic accountant, the absolute best.  She used to be the assistant of my former accountant and when he branched out to wealthy clients only, she took over all the regular poor people like myself and I've absolutely loved doing business with her ever since. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yoga - you are the Queen and I would never dispute that. I worship at the alter of everything Yoga. But I think you should reconsider the removal Mscricket's vote in the game. That was not part of the original rules. Zilla has not realy participated in the game, but if he chose to vote for a day, I would expect that to be upheld.

Again, your loyal servant - Jessey

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I'm struggling with it, jessey.  But you know what?  As the law of fair play goes, what spoke to me was that her votes were passed over by gerbs, and not deliberately. The universe was telling me something right there.   So if I weren't such an eagle eyed b*tch (ha ha -- actually, I am veeeery near-sighted!) I would not have noticed. 

I was so crushed seeing Christine McVie eliminated, I felt I was being too emotional, until I could see that MsCricket's votes were not the cause, as her votes were not counted anyhow, again, inadvertently. 

Voting daily is part of the rules.  It's on the first page where I posted the rules.  Easy rules.  Post daily. 

Would I mind if Zilla voted now?  No, you're right, I'd be fine with it. But I know he won't! 

So I have to be nice.  You're right.  I'll count her votes.  As long as Christine Perfect is gone ... sigh.    

When you do the next game thread, you'll have it a lot easier, as I have broken in the group.   But wait til you make your list ... just wait.  

Thanks for the sanity check, you're the best. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : Please...no guilt at all was intended or implied by my whining.  Of course, no list can be exhaustive (esp. with this group)...every list has to stop somewhere, and I stand by my original statement of "great job, yoga!" After all, we didn't even get into the whole female-musician-as-supporting-band-member discussion, which would have included such talented ladies as Kim Gordon, Tina Weymouth, Tanya Donnelly, The Deal sisters, Jen Batten, etc., or younger rockers like Meg White, Karen O., Liz Phair, or singer-songwriters like Ani DiFranco, Carole King, et al.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE] BTW, I know there are no hard feelings about Mann, and as a matter of fact, I am truly pleased seeing all the additional comments and honorable mentions that have been bursting out of this thread.  I've always felt that our discussions about the contributions of all the female rockers (save one or two ... no comments from me) show a great deal of appreciation.  I love all of the comments. 

It's just that I was professionally groomed in consensus-driven environments, and it's part of my nature, so I really do aspire to work toward consensus in groups (even in the online venue) when ever possible.  You know how it is, that "buy in" thing ... ugh.  This is why when jessey didn't realize I took his input about Nancy Wilson, I was so amused.    You know, if I had wanted the thread to last for a few months, I would have made it unlimited, but I knew better ... now to see how jessey derives the next list for the next game thread.   That's gonna be fun for me to sit back and watch and not fret about.  YAY!  Thanks, Matty. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

sorry i eliminated her, i just can't stand fleetwood.  my dislike for them is almost to the level of jessey vs. patti smith.

at least she lasted longer than my alanis, i shed a few tears over that one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No no my Queen. I wil make suggestions, but you run the games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]sorry i eliminated her, i just can't stand fleetwood.  my dislike for them is almost to the level of jessey vs. patti smith. at least she lasted longer than my alanis, i shed a few tears over that one.
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

I was at the supermarket and a father was there  with his 3 kids ranging age of about 9 to 15 I would guess.  Anyway they were acting up a bit and the dad turned to them and told them that they had better start acting right or on the ride home he would put in the Fleetwood Mac disc. 

I don't hate Fleet nor do I love them either, but I thought it funny that they were used as a weapon to make the kids act good. 

Is that the kind of hatred you have for them?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]No no my Queen. I wil make suggestions, but you run the games.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Oh, no, darling.  You volunteered for the next one, and frankly, I am in a time crunch as it is.

So, please. I grant you permission to create the list and run the next game thread after Female Rockers. 

That will make me happy.  Cool

ps  Seriously, I need a break; can't do two in a row.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]sorry i eliminated her, i just can't stand fleetwood.  my dislike for them is almost to the level of jessey vs. patti smith. at least she lasted longer than my alanis, i shed a few tears over that one.
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]You are not aware of the former Fleetwood before Nicks came on board.  And Christine's song writing, musicianship, and talents are completely separate from Nicks' (Nicks is devoid of all three).

Despite all that, I saw what you did as a form of betrayal, and I'm crushed it was you.  I'm usually very forgiving, but you need to give me time on this one.   The weekend will give me time to reflect. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : You are not aware of the former Fleetwood before Nicks came on board.  And Christine's song writing, musicianship, and talents are completely separate from Nicks' (Nicks is devoid of all three). Despite all that, I saw what you did as a form of betrayal, and I'm crushed it was you.  I'm usually very forgiving, but you need to give me time on this one.   The weekend will give me time to reflect. 

yeah, i'll admit that i don't really know much about fleetwood pre-nicks. as long as i am being honest, i haven't really even given them a chance.

after alanis was knocked off i sort of went out for blood.  but i wouldn't have if i had realized how strongly you felt about her. now i feel like a jerk.

it's only a game... Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

yoga, I hope it helps you to know that I share your sadness over the elimination of the sublime Christine Perfect. I think her fine qualities may be too subtle to stand out in a popularity contest. I could see from the start that Ms. Perfect didn't stand a chance. I tried to prop her up as best I could, but the tide of opinion swelled too high against her. I accept losing as well as winning; it's all part of the game. (After all, I'm a long time Red Sox fan). I feel good just knowing that you share my love of Christine Perfect's many subtle, but sublime talents. Her voice reaches deep inside of me and always warms my heart. It is the very nature of her understated approach to her art that makes me love her even more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Now let's all write in Brit Spears for a last minute comeback.

FYI - although I dislike 98% of her work, Madonna is important to all female pop-stars.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I like Christine McVie. Looking back I had cast no votes for or against her, I just had other favorites I guess.

Madonna would've gone quick, I believe.