Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need)

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need):
    [QUOTE]yoga, I hope it helps you to know that I share your sadness over the elimination of the sublime Christine Perfect. I think her fine qualities may be too subtle to stand out in a popularity contest. I could see from the start that Ms. Perfect didn't stand a chance. I tried to prop her up as best I could, but the tide of opinion swelled too high against her. I accept losing as well as winning; it's all part of the game. (After all, I'm a long time Red Sox fan). I feel good just knowing that you share my love of Christine Perfect's many subtle, but sublime talents. Her voice reaches deep inside of me and always warms my heart. It is the very nature of her understated approach to her art that makes me love her even more.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]Thanks, dd.  We helped Christine Perfect fly under the radar, and I was just hoping she'd stay there a little longer.  There are lots of flamboyant musicians that I really love, don't get me wrong, but I do have a thing for many that are understated in their style, and CM is one of them.  As an alto (I have never been able to hit high notes) when I was really young and first heard McVie's voice, I was drawn to her smoky alto voice.

So the race to the finish line gets more competitive.  We shall see. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I feel the need to make a comment.

jessey, I think you need to see an eye doctor.  Do you want me to come to the Big Apple and take you? 

Laughing
    Don't waste your votes is all I can say.  Chazz is  a li'l sneaky.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Sneaky? me?  I'd love to be sneaky, all I did was vote??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

What ever you say, chazz.   It's always the ones that play innocent that are the most shrewd.   You don't fool me.   :D
    Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

This sneaky thing that you speak of....is it so sneaky that even I don't know about it?  Cuz that's pretty freakin' sneaky............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Keep your eyes open when you deal with Chazz.....

she's wicked sneaky.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

i don't know mr. jkj ... that picture seems to match YOUR avatar more than chazz's
     Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]This sneaky thing that you speak of....is it so sneaky that even I don't know about it?  Cuz that's pretty freakin' sneaky............
    Posted by chazz508[/QUOTE]I'm watching you, chazz.  Not saying you're sneaky, and I'm not saying you're not sneaky, either.  Just that I have my eye on you.  Your little kitten avatars don't fool me one bit (and that's coming from a total sucker for all things pertaining to kittens).  :D
    Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

gerbs is right!    The resemblance is uncanny, jkj!!   How you came up with that one I'll never know!   Advice taken, BTW.  Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

gerbs,

You finally got an avatar!!  Have I been oblivious, or is today the first day you've had it?   Sorry if I just hadn't noticed. 
    Smile
    ps Notice how evil chazz's avatar is today? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]gerbs, You finally got an avatar!!  Have I been oblivious, or is today the first day you've had it?   Sorry if I just hadn't noticed.  ps Notice how evil chazz's avatar is today? 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss it - I just put it up last night.  I'd been looking for a nice "live" penguin picture for a while, but all of a sudden for some reason I thought of good ol' Opus.

Only fitting that Opus is also a common musical term (at least in the classical arena).

I'd say the new chazz avatar is "sneaky" evil.  Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

LOL! Did it special for you, yoga!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

So are you all saying that Chazz is like Felix the Cat who reaches into her bag of tricks?

Felix for Judy.png

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Did it special for you, yoga!
    Posted by chazz508[/QUOTE]Okay, chazz.  Just love it when I am proven right.   Tricky, sneaky, what's the diff? Game on. 
    Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker Comments (if you feel the need) : You didn't miss it - I just put it up last night.  I'd been looking for a nice "live" penguin picture for a while, but all of a sudden for some reason I thought of good ol' Opus. Only fitting that Opus is also a common musical term (at least in the classical arena). I'd say the new chazz avatar is "sneaky" evil. 
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]
    I've never read "Opus" but I was pretty sure I recognized that little guy from somewhere.  I love your choice at long last-- nice play on words, too!  :D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Can someone please tell this blind rocker what he is missing with the sneaky Chazz.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

I'm not really sure either, jessey, but will you let me know when you find out?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Look at chazz's screen name.  It tells you all you need to know.  She's known as 007chazz in other circles.  :D

chazz508 is a double agent, and has several identities on BDC alone.  It's one stealth maneuver after another, moving all over the state, one minute it's southern MA, the next minute, she's up on the north shore.  She's digging in her garden for the purpose of ...?  She doesn't say.  Any bodies recently removed from the car trunk, perhaps?  She had people fooled into thinking she was a man, for crying out loud.  Look at the facts. 

Am I writing an urban legend?  Is she a double agent?  Time will tell. 

Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

the name is chazz, James chazz...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Oh hell - now I am really confused. I think if there is a secret agent around here, it is Yogi. She probably knows more sh*t about me that I know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]the name is chazz, James chazz...........
    Posted by chazz508[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8KvYK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

One mans opinion: I don't understand how Aretha Franklin is doing so well in the best woman rocker forum.  I think Ms Franklin is a great artist who deserves all the praise and accolades she has gotten through her life and that she possesses a amazing voice.  She has had a grandiose career, and deservedly so.  That being said, I've never thought of her as a rocker.  She's the"Queen of Soul", R&B not R&R.  To crown her as the best Rocker, I feel diminishes the work done by Rock and Roll woman. 

I just feel that this crown should go to someone else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I can't tell you the number of times I have wanted to start a thread about "rockers" vs "other genre greats" with regard to this topic.  I agree with you and hear you.  I especially feel this way in terms of the "pop diva" category where we'd have someone such as Madonna or Mariah Carey, neither of whom are rockers. 

I started this list based on a list I saw elsewhere, after taking a number of names off the list.  Then, with input, after saying that I was not putting Joni Mitchell (she's not a rocker and even she would not argue that point)  on the list for example, was asked / told she should be on the list, so on she went (I asked for input and tried to be accomodating).  

Frankly, I don't think of some alternative performers as "rockers" at the top level either, but that's my personal opinion. 

I did initially define the game as "rockers", but it might have been better defined if it has been named "female artists" so the playing field would have been more level, and/or understandable.  Aretha has almost always been dubbed the queen of soul / R&B, so if you see it as a different category as "rocker" I can understand that very easily. 

I am impressed, however, with the tenacity of the members of the forum voting on her behalf.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ain't No Way I'm letting Aretha down. My Respect for her is undying. You'd better Think twice about me not supporting her no matter what the contest is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I have no problem with her being included on the original list, the fact that she is thriving confuses me.