Favorite Female Rocker game comments - Pt. 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Favorite Female Rocker game comments - Pt. 2

Hi Gamers,

Great job so far.  We're not that close yet, but I wanted to alert you to a few rule changes now that the game has progressed far enough for you to see some potential pitfalls.

1. Saturday and Sunday (4/16 and 4/17) - Up/down votes reduced to ONE per day over the weekend. 

It's only fair to reduce the scoring over the weekend now that the game has progressed.  So please, just one vote each (plus/minus).

2. When we get to four - five names, we'll also reduce to the one vote up/down motif.  This is advance notice in case you have begun to wonder how that will work, and have not seen my comments in the other thread. 

3. If the cluster of votes among the final rockers persists and does not seem to have any chance of changing (say, some of us prove to be very stubborn), I will enforce negative voting only.

This will mean we will only be voting DOWN, one name per day.  This will only take place if it looks like we will be voting forever (!!)  -- UNLESS you tell me that you want to keep at it.  If that's the case, we can keep at it, fine with me.  I'll follow your wishes.  Otherwise, we will go with negative voting at my discretion. 

Hope you trust me and know I am very fair-minded. 

Comments and questions?  Feel free to let me know.   Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker rule changes - please read

Reminder of new voting rule for daily voting:

NEW VOTING RULE:

ONE VOTE UP AND ONE VOTE DOWN.

I REPEAT.

ONE VOTE UP AND ONE VOTE DOWN.

Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

You may want to post a few warnings about the rule changes in the voting thread.  I know that I have gotten crazy busy at work and have not had the time to spend of BDC (like during the winter).  That being said, one of the first items that is slashed from my time budget is things like rule reading (don't read the instructions on those fun build this yourself and save tons of $$$ items: This has been working out just pi$$a for me, but I digress).  If people don't get the message, I can foresee chaos.

Just a thought.

P.S. there is a new Alison Krauss CD on AOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker rule changes - please read:
    [QUOTE]You may want to post a few warnings about the rule changes in the voting thread.  I know that I have gotten crazy busy at work and have not had the time to spend of BDC (like during the winter).  That being said, one of the first items that is slashed from my time budget is things like rule reading (don't read the instructions on those fun build this yourself and save tons of $$$ items: This has been working out just pi$$a for me, but I digress).  If people don't get the message, I can foresee chaos. Just a thought. P.S. there is a new Alison Krauss CD on AOL
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]
    Got it, and thanks, joe.   Will do, great idea.  

AND Yeah!  Saw AK has a new CD and thanks to you, the first thing I think to do is go off to AOL!   Best tip ever. 

Glad work has picked up for you.   
    Thanks again. 
    Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker GAME comments - Pt. 2

Now that the list has been whittled down, you can see that it's possible for the game to persist for a while --- which is fine, that's the fun of it.

You're witnessing the immediate cancelling out of your votes, in some cases.  We can short-circuit this maneuver and make more progress if we adopt a new pattern:

1 UP vote and 2 DOWN votes / day (the negative votes cannot be doubled up)

Keep the 1 / 2 pattern until we hit 3 names.  

We could start this pattern next week (Monday).  Make sense?

P.S.  The sneaky gamers may find this change very enticing.  :D

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Re: Favorite Female Rocker game comments - Pt. 2

Looks like a 3 girl race.. Might as well justcut to the chase.. Wink

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

and you and me could sit it out, leaf.  i know as long as aretha and harry are in it i'll be voting the exact same way to the end, and i suspect so will you.  ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Oh, come on, you don't want to just cut to the chase, do you?   It's only fair to play it out in full.   And the best way to do it, is to get more DOWN votes back into the mix --- even if the default seems obvious at this point. 
    Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Female Rocker game comments - Pt. 2:
    [QUOTE]Oh, come on, you don't want to just cut to the chase, do you?   It's only fair to play it out in full.   And the best way to do it, is to get more DOWN votes back into the mix --- even if the default seems obvious at this point. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Agreed - the gamer in me and the music lover in me don't always want to vote the same way, with the proposed change they can get one down vote each.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I was just kidding.. Keep it like it is..It has been fun. Slim I may change things up tomorrow.. (maybe)..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Thanks for the input, everyone.  

I'll put a post in the game thread to remind everyone that we're going to a new scheme to move the game along.  Negative voting is fun, let's face it. 

1 UP / 2 DOWN it is -- starting Monday

Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

sorry to screw up the count today. I must have posted the same time as someone else. Either that or I was trying to add phantom points to my girl Debbie HarryWink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Yeah, you posted at the exact same time as someone else, and gerbs picked up on it.  NO prob.  That's the benefit of the "name after name" header, it makes it easy to detect.

I've caught the few slips we've had that were accidental. 

It's great to have gerbs backing me up.  If he's not careful, he's going to get nominated to run the next game thread.
      Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts