Favourite guitar player, non-famous category

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Favourite guitar player, non-famous category

From Boston specifically, and generally.

Me?   From Boston it's Rich Gilbert.  Generally, it's Eddie Angel (Neanderthals, Los Straightjackets, Planet Rockers).

You?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Favourite guitar player, non-famous category

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Does the guitar player have to be from Boston?

Whatever you want, mate, I didn't mean for the question to be really directive, I just thought a question about guitar players might be more interesting without the same old names/reps being exchanged.

My OP suggested a Boston(-based) player and another player.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Marc Ford. Bar none. The Tone King. Doesn't get better than that and the casual fan has no idea who he is, which doesn't matter I suppose.

If I am making an album and have no lead player, regardless of the style of music, I am making one call for those solos and guitar parts to make my songs come alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPaFFtmhimI

Wow.  The song doesn't do much for me, but he's an ace player.  Never heard of him before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Paul Rishell would be my favorite.  Ronnie Earl not far behind.   And then there's Duke Levine and Kevin Barry. 

This is very cool:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB7dMqSWg3s

I'm glad I started this thread!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

My favorite non famous guitar player would probably have to be broken down into genres. My rock guy might have to be Rick Derringer. For blues I'd have to go with T Bone Walker. On the jazz side I've always loved Wes Montgomery's sound. And for country I'd have to say the Brit with the great big smile, Albert Lee.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Marc Ford. Bar none. The Tone King. Doesn't get better than that and the casual fan has no idea who he is, which doesn't matter I suppose.

If I am making an album and have no lead player, regardless of the style of music, I am making one call for those solos and guitar parts to make my songs come alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPaFFtmhimI

Wow,that was really impressive!I've never heard of him,but he knows what he's doing.The song wasn't what I would call great,but his guitar playing was excellent.I'm going to listen to some of his other stuff to see how that is too.

Thanks for sharing that link.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Greg Cartwright (Reigning Sound)

David Kessler (Interpol)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I don't know where he is from, but I choose Punky Meadows from Angel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Chris Impelliterri.

I mean , it all depends on your definition of non-famous.

This guy is not super- well known, although he should be. Perhaps the best shredding guitar solos, other than Yngwie Malmsteen....maybe better.

This guy is awesome , and then some.