Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA)

For anyone who might be in FLA in September ... or if you like to look at the lineups of rock festivals, check out this lineup just for fun:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA)

In Response to Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA):
    For anyone who might be in FLA in September ... or if you like to look at the lineups of rock festivals, check out this lineup just for fun: http://lineup.delunafest.com/
    Posted by yogafriend

Another great lineup. Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Yoakim and the great Tin Men with/Washboard Chaz (ha) -- These festivals are becoming one-stop shopping for music fans and quite popular it seems. Anything to satisfy the throngs. Newport is now completely sold out. Amazing, in it's long and glorious history, this is the earliest that has ever happened. I'm guessing MMJ had something to do with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA):
    In Response to Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA) : Another great lineup. Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Yoakim and the great Tin Men with/Washboard Chaz (ha) -- These festivals are becoming one-stop shopping for music fans and quite popular it seems. Anything to satisfy the throngs. Newport is now completely sold out. Amazing, in it's long and glorious history, this is the earliest that has ever happened. I'm guessing MMJ had something to do with it.
    Posted by polar123

We were lucky enough to get tix for both days at Newport.  We're ecstatic but also surprised it sold out so quickly (compared to last year).

Another guess: Alabama Shakes, who seem to be red hot right now.

I have to admit to be following the trend of planning our summer concert viewing around a few select festivals (and avoiding the comcast center whenever possible). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The trend in the popularity and early sell-out of tickets (for Newport, and potentially other festivals) is probably attributable to a number of factors.   

For one, advertising for Newport has never been more "in your face" than it has ever been in the past, IMHO.  WERS has had it on their website for months, and had been vocal about it since the lineup was announced.   Like it or not, it's hard not to notice.  

Also, the festivals are very family friendly now.  While I still think the majority of attendees might be in an "identifiable" age group -- it's safe to say that the festivals are now attracting all ages, from infants (who come with their parents, of course ... :)  )  to ... well, all the way up to senior status.    

The generational lines have really become blurred for events like this -- again, depending on the lineup -- but even for people who don't intend to stay to the bitter end, it's a day outdoors, listening to music, having a good time, reasonably priced if you're a car ride away.  They seem to be upping the ante at some of the festivals, too, with the headlining acts.   I don't know, it seems to be a bit of a frenzy for the tickets.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA) : We were lucky enough to get tix for both days at Newport.  We're ecstatic but also surprised it sold out so quickly (compared to last year). Another guess: Alabama Shakes, who seem to be red hot right now. I have to admit to be following the trend of planning our summer concert viewing around a few select festivals (and avoiding the comcast center whenever possible). 
    Posted by MattyScornD

Lucky indeed. Some of the people I know who attend this event pretty much every summer are either priced out, or have to scramble for tickets. It just seems that popularity for these events is through the roof. Searching ticket availability for the other major festivals also show a increase in sales. Maybe it's the economy. Instead of going to three or four shows this summer, why not just one that offers all.    Sound reasoning.

Yoga is right about the advertisements for Newport. They are everywhere and their pr machine is in full overdrive for this event. But as she says, and I tend to agree-- location and artists play a big role.

It should be a really fun show. Enjoy!

I agree on Comcast. Though I have seen some really good shows there---Radiohead, Streely Dan  and Pearl Jam come to mind, it can be a bit pricey and there are only so many fights in the parking lot you can watch, and 2 hour traffic jams you can endure. Kind of reminds me of the old Cape Cod Coliseum at times...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA) : Lucky indeed. Some of the people I know who attend this event pretty much every summer are either priced out, or have to scramble for tickets. It just seems that popularity for these events is through the roof. Searching ticket availability for the other major festivals also show a increase in sales. Maybe it's the economy. Instead of going to three or four shows this summer, why not just one that offers all.    Sound reasoning. Yoga is right about the advertisements for Newport. They are everywhere and their pr machine has been in full overdrive for this event. Something I have not really seen in the past. But as she says, and I tend to agree -- location and artists play a big role. It should be a really fun show. Enjoy! I agree on Comcast. Though I have seen some really good shows there---Radiohead, Streely Dan  and Pearl Jam come to mind, it can be a bit pricey and there are only so many fights in the parking lot you can watch, and 2 hour traffic jams you can endure. Kind of reminds me of the old Cape Cod Coliseum at times...
    Posted by polar123

So when the heck is LM going to grace us with an appearance at a festival?  

I'll find a yoga-centric style festival so you all can see what type of lineup they have.   Not that I'm particularly interested in pursuing the idea of attending one, but I get some fun out of reading the descriptions and seeing the lineups.  :P

Note: I feel priced out of many events, too.  Despite the idea they are a decent deal (lots of bang for the buck), the output of money is not loose change.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Festival of the Week: Deluna Fest (Pensacola Beach, FLA) : Lucky indeed. Some of the people I know who attend this event pretty much every summer are either priced out, or have to scramble for tickets. It just seems that popularity for these events is through the roof. Searching ticket availability for the other major festivals also show a increase in sales. Maybe it's the economy. Instead of going to three or four shows this summer, why not just one that offers all.    Sound reasoning. Yoga is right about the advertisements for Newport. They are everywhere and their pr machine is in full overdrive for this event. But as she says, and I tend to agree-- location and artists play a big role. It should be a really fun show. Enjoy! I agree on Comcast. Though I have seen some really good shows there---Radiohead, Streely Dan  and Pearl Jam come to mind, it can be a bit pricey and there are only so many fights in the parking lot you can watch, and 2 hour traffic jams you can endure. Kind of reminds me of the old Cape Cod Coliseum at times...
    Posted by polar123

Part of it also, I think, is the fact that there are so few real festivals in New England...Newport and the Vibes are the only major ones that I can think of.  And I still think that the general weakness of the Vibes lineup (being held one week earlier) bolstered Newport's sales.

Some areas have outdoor shows year-round, but our seasonal window is fairly limited, with a lot of other outdoor shows vying for audiences.

Sections
Shortcuts