Fixed, but nothing seems to have changed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Fixed (but the changes are not big, are they?)

Posting seems to have been restored, but I'm not convinced much has changed overall.  

Still, we should be happy for a small victory at this point.     Welcome back. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Fixed, but nothing seems to have changed

I have found that many times when computer related things are upgraded or updated, things get worse. The forums have been in a state of degradation for a while now. This makes me think of the band Devo's theory of de-evolution, from whence they derived their name. They may be on to something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmtP6-a3gs

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

I have found that many times when computer related things are upgraded or updated, things get worse. The forums have been in a state of degradation for a while now. This makes me think of the band Devo's theory of de-evolution, from whence they derived their name. They may be on to something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmtP6-a3gs" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmtP6-a3gs" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmtP6-a3gs

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."  -Elvis Presley

RE: the forums degrading (rather than upgrading), I certainly agree.   The main focus now seems to be on creating an environment where comments are integrated for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media styles of communication.    Some sites have already made anonymity a thing of the past, or have eliminated posting on the site in favor of the choice to "share" on FB, and only hear from friends.   There must be so much space eaten up by billions of comments, it's no wonder that sites are trying to migrate to a new system.   BTW, in each and every instance of a board change, I have never, ever seen the environment return any better, let alone as robust.   Sad, but true. 

I've been on a bunch of boards, and they all handle these "upgrades" (choke) differently.  For now, I suppose we should take what is provided and live with it.  This week was a wash; hopefully, people will be encouraged enough to return.   It's tiresome; people are burned out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

If this is the best they can do, I'm afraid the forums will die out. I'm bummed out by this, but it may be a reality soon. I hope they are still working on fixing it and getting more functions to work, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe this is as good as it's going to be. At least we can still communicate.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

On the sports boards, especially the Pats board, they need to give a rational regular mod duties and just do a clean sweep to rid the trolls from the board.

This format, however, is a step in the right direction. It feels like 2014 instead of 1998. lmao

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

It's a holiday, it's a day of celebration, it could not be a more beautiful day ... so I will leave it at that and wait until tomorrow to say what I think of the "fix" -- :)

"May the road rise to meet you - May the wind be always at your back"

Sections
Shortcuts