Former Black Country Communion stars form new band

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Former Black Country Communion stars form new band

Fans of Black Country Communion, the supergroup that broke up a few months ago, may be interested and happy to know that two members are forming a new band:

“Joe Bona-who?” Meet CALIFORNIA BREED the new power trio formed from the ashes of Black Country Communion.

Former Black Country Communion stars, singer-bassist Glenn Hughes and drummer Jason Bonham, have announced the formation of a new band – California Breed.

Featuring the astounding talents of 23-year-old singer-guitarist Andrew Watt, the fact that their first album has been produced by Dave Cobb, whose spectacular work with Rival Sons has received so much acclaim, gives a big clue as to what they sound like.

“It’s proper rock,” says Hughes, “but at the same time it’s very now. Andrew is as influenced by Mick Ronson as he is Jimmy Page.”

“I grew up listening to all the grunge bands,” says Watt, “but my dad always played me The Who, the Stones and Led Zeppelin so that became my music too.

“This kid is amazing,” says Bonham. “The first time we met I thought he looked like the white Jimi Hendrix. And he plays in the studio likes he’s onstage!”

Of their new album:

"Look out for the first single, Midnight Oil, a raunchy Stones-esque rocker with breathless female backing vocals, deep groove rhythms and face-smacking guitars. The other breakout track is All Falls Down, the kind of spine-tingling pop-rock-who-knows-what that starts all colour and light and finishes all towering harmonies, back-arching guitars and epidemic-sized catchiness.

There are others but, as Hughes says, “You’ll have to wait for the album in May to hear them. This, I promise, is going to be something special."

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/features/glenn-hughes-jason-bonham-unveil-california-breed/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Former Black Country Communion stars form new band

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Featuring the astounding talents of 23-year-old singer-guitarist Andrew Watt, the fact that their first album has been produced by Dave Cobb, whose spectacular work with Rival Sons has received so much acclaim, gives a big clue as to what they sound like.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  I highlighted this part because the two Rivals Sons songs I have heard are really strong - Zeppelinesque classic rock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Is this the same Glenn Hughes from Trapeze and Deep Purple?

If it is, he's got to be old enough to be Watt's grandfather.

Comparing anyone to Jimi Hendrix is a recipe for disaster....you might not want to set the bar quite this high...but still sounds like a winner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this the same Glenn Hughes from Trapeze and Deep Purple?

If it is, he's got to be old enough to be Watt's grandfather.

Comparing anyone to Jimi Hendrix is a recipe for disaster....you might not want to set the bar quite this high...but still sounds like a winner.

[/QUOTE]

Yes.   Black Country Communion was a supergroup that had members that were highly regarded, with musicians that you'd know.   One of their albums (self-titled), was considered one of the best albums of 2010.  

Glenn Hughes
    Joe Bonamassa (he's the one that quit the band)
    Jason Bonham
    Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater)