Free for All

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Free for All

Not sure when BDC will un-do or fix whatever ails the forums, but until then, if you want to post, try this thread.

How was your weekend?

WUMB had live stream of the Newport Folk Festival.   Unbelievable.   I believe all of the individual performances are available online now.  

I watched all 116 minutes of Wilco's concert yesterday (they headlined Friday night); it was outstanding.   I highly recommend going over to WUMB and listening to it.   They played their hearts out.  

Also, if Matty is around (and is able to post ...), he will no doubt give a review of Newport, but I saw Jackson Browne on livestream last night, and he was truly inspiring.   I adjusted my computer screen so I could not see the tweets during the concert (annoying), but at the end of the concert, I read some of them, and there were people who were logged in from all over the world ("logging off from Germany" -- "Thank you from the UK" -- etc. - people went nuts thanking NPR); suffice it to say, Newport is an internationally celebrated music event and having it available on livestream is a rare and wonderful opportunity -- so yeah, thanks NPR, nice going.  :)

See you later.  Hopefully BDC will put things right.  :)   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Free for All

In Response to Free for All:
    [QUOTE]Not sure when BDC will un-do or fix whatever ails the forums, but until then, if you want to post, try this thread. How was your weekend? WUMB had live stream of the Newport Folk Festival.   Unbelievable.   I believe all of the individual performances are available online now.   I watched all 116 minutes of Wilco's concert yesterday (they headlined Friday night); it was outstanding.   I highly recommend going over to WUMB and listening to it.   They played their hearts out.   Also, if Matty is around (and is able to post ...), he will no doubt give a review of Newport, but I saw Jackson Browne on livestream last night, and he was truly inspiring.   I adjusted my computer screen so I could not see the tweets during the concert (annoying), but at the end of the concert, I read some of them, and there were people who were logged in from all over the world ("logging off from Germany" -- "Thank you from the UK" -- etc. - people went nuts thanking NPR); suffice it to say, Newport is an internationally celebrated music event and having it available on livestream is a rare and wonderful opportunity -- so yeah, thanks NPR, nice going.  :) See you later.  Hopefully BDC will put things right.  :)   
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]
     Morning Yoga.The threads are messed up for the Red Sox and Patriots too.In fact,I just tried to post here on this thread and it didn't appear.Maybe this one will.
    Thanks for the info on the Newport Jazz Festival,I'll have to check out some of the performances.I understand that Sixto Rodriguez played there last night and I'm particulary interested in his set.I bought tickets to see him September 2nd at The Iron Horse in Northampton (Ma).It's a small venue and hopefully will be a good show.I hope to hear Matty's take on him as well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: Free for All:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Free for All :  Morning Yoga.The threads are messed up for the Red Sox and Patriots too.In fact,I just tried to post here on this thread and it didn't appear.Maybe this one will. Thanks for the info on the Newport Jazz Festival,I'll have to check out some of the performances.I understand that Sixto Rodriguez played there last night and I'm particulary interested in his set.I bought tickets to see him September 2nd at The Iron Horse in Northampton (Ma).It's a small venue and hopefully will be a good show.I hope to hear Matty's take on him as well.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

The Iron Horse is a nice venue. I have seen some great shows there, including John Hiatt, Nick Lowe, & Graham Parker with some memorable opening acts as well like Geraint Watkins and Eilen Jewell. Have fun!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Free for All:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Free for All :  Morning Yoga.The threads are messed up for the Red Sox and Patriots too.In fact,I just tried to post here on this thread and it didn't appear.Maybe this one will. Thanks for the info on the Newport Jazz Festival,I'll have to check out some of the performances.I understand that Sixto Rodriguez played there last night and I'm particulary interested in his set.I bought tickets to see him September 2nd at The Iron Horse in Northampton (Ma).It's a small venue and hopefully will be a good show.I hope to hear Matty's take on him as well.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Good afternoon.  :) 

mrmojo, last weekend was the Newport Folk Festival, and this coming weekend is the Jazz Festival.  Not sure which one Rodriguez was playing at, but I'm sure if Matty saw him, he'll fill us in.    Newport is very busy at this time of year.  

I'll post a link tomorrow when BDC is more trustworthy, as the Wilco live concert link is not easy to find.  Can't emphasize enough how fantastic it is.  

I rallied over the weekend, after having to switch plans due to that 3-hour one-way drive issue, and went into the Arts Weekend in Boston.   Had a great time.

The best band that I saw was the Low Anthem, an indie / folksy rock band, excellent.   They had a van-full of instruments with them, and that made their music very interesting.   When they took out the trumpet, I was a goner.  So fantastic.  They are out of Providence, RI, and got their start about 5-years ago.  They've played at a number of festivals, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of you have seen them, or will see their name in the future, in a lineup.   

I could not get back for the classical lineup on Sunday, which I felt very badly about -- maybe next time.  Wish it had been more workable.  However, when I saw that Newport was on WUMB, that helped make up for all the other mishaps. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I saw that Sixto Rodriguez was performing at the Newport Folk Festival last night on his official website  http://sugarman.org/  .There's when I found out about his appearing at the Iron Horse as well.That's only about 45 minutes away from me and I was happily surprised that tickets were only $17.50 in advance.That's just a little more than a movie ticket.

There's no video,but all you can listen to the whole set.It also has a short article with the song list.I'm going to give it a listen this evening when I have more time.
       Glad you had a nice weekend and was able to get out to the Arts weekend.I've never heard of Low Anthem,I'll have to give them a listen .  

Sections
Shortcuts