Free Tickets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Free Tickets

If you were given a choice for free tickets to a concert, who would you choose to see?   

Might be someone you'd never pay to see, but would jump at the chance if the concert tickets were free.   Might be one of your favorite artists, yet a band that's just never made it to your locale.   Or ... ?  

ALSO, free transportation is going to be provided with the tickets, so you can go wild if the artist usually tours internationally. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Free Tickets

I'd see Bruce - if given a free ticket.  Ditto The Who.  There are probably plenty more, as I am totally shameless and hardly ever turn down free admission.

In the past year alone, I've been the lucky, grateful recipient of free passage to They Might Be Giants, Ben Harper, Foo Fighters, Metric, O.A.R., Deer Tick, SublimeWithRome, and a couple other local/indie bands.

I strongly encourage folks with meager resources to hang nearby venues or in parking lots, because you never know when a 'miracle' might come your way.  I've seen many shows that way, especially in my salad days...

...one of the very best being the Dead at RFK Stadium...smack in the middle of driving back from Florida and completely unintentional on our parts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

For someone I'd like to see (but either would not want to pay or is rarely here), I'd see the Boss in a heartbeat. 

For someone of whom I'm a huge fan, I'd choose Loreena McKennitt.   The chance to see her locally is non-existent.   Her tours this year are across Canada and in Europe (France, Germany, the UK, etc.) so needless to say, I'd love free tickets with free transportation to any of those locations.  Would I ever love this to come true.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

For someone I'd like to see (but either would not want to pay or is rarely here), I'd see the Boss in a heartbeat. 

For someone of whom I'm a huge fan, I'd choose Loreena McKennitt.   The chance to see her locally is non-existent.   Her tours this year are across Canada and in Europe (France, Germany, the UK, etc.) so needless to say, I'd love free tickets with free transportation to any of those locations.  Would I ever love this to come true.  :)

+1. We are going to the Montreal show!! I decided why not, it's a great city, only 4hrs away, and who better to see there!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to polar123s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are going to the Montreal show!! I decided why not, it's a great city, only 4hrs away, and who better to see there![/QUOTE]

I'm thrilled for you, of course.   As you say, it's certainly doable to get to Montreal, so true.  Although, I assume you're not driving.  Can't imagine the concert will be anything less than splendid.  

On another note, I'm certainly envious (like that's a surprise).   :P

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

[QUOTE]

We are going to the Montreal show!! I decided why not, it's a great city, only 4hrs away, and who better to see there!

I'm thrilled for you, of course.   As you say, it's certainly doable to get to Montreal, so true.  Although, I assume you're not driving.  Can't imagine the concert will be anything less than splendid.  

[/QUOTE]

driving from central NH, so it really isn't that far. All this depends on whether I get tickets (I may take Matty's advice and hang around the parking lot,  lol). For some reason this show is yet to go on sale, but I promised someone a X-mas trip to MTL and LM show, so the pressure is on...I may just need that miracle... 

Boy do I need the edit and delete functions !!!!!.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to yogafriends comment:

[QUOTE]

We are going to the Montreal show!! I decided why not, it's a great city, only 4hrs away, and who better to see there!

[/QUOTE]

driving from central NH, so it really isn't that far. All this depends on whether I get tickets (I may take Matty's advice and hang around the parking lot,  lol). For some reason this show is yet to go on sale, but I promised someone a X-mas trip to MTL and LM show, so the pressure is on...I may just need that miracle... 

[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you!  Montreal is a great place to see a show, and just a great city, period. 

@yoga: don't let a few hours in a car (or bus) keep you from seeing your dream show.  There is simply no excuse for not trying, even if you end up hearing it faintly from outside the stage door.  (natch - if you're a convicted felon and can't get into Canada.)

Trust me on this.  Motivation can be a powerful thing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to yogafriends comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you!  Montreal is a great place to see a show, and just a great city, period. 

@yoga: don't let a few hours in a car (or bus) keep you from seeing your dream show.  There is simply no excuse for not trying, even if you end up hearing it faintly from outside the stage door.  (natch - if you're a convicted felon and can't get into Canada.)

Trust me on this.  Motivation can be a powerful thing.

[/QUOTE]

@Matty, Thanks.

@Yoga, Matty is right. The show is so close, and as of today, there is no indication that she will be hitting the Hub anytime soon. A bus trip to Montreal, or even the Northeaster train (I think) is nice and inexpensive. I have also found some pretty inexpensive hotels as well. You have always talked about how much you want to see Lorenna, so why not go for it, if you can. I promise, you won't be dissapointed.  And it's something to look forward to, and that is always a good thing.

Ok, enough preaching...:)

... and if offered a free ticket, I would see radiohead, with special guest PJ Harvey!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]@yoga: don't let a few hours in a car (or bus) keep you from seeing your dream show.  There is simply no excuse for not trying, even if you end up hearing it faintly from outside the stage door.  (natch - if you're a convicted felon and can't get into Canada.)

Trust me on this.  Motivation can be a powerful thing.[/QUOTE]

A few hours in car / bus wouldn't stop me -- TBH, the idea just didn't compute -- 'til now.  

Yeesh.  You're right.    There is nothing stopping me from looking into this, and it is doable.   I'm going to look into it.   :)

PS Remember, the seven years are up with regard to my police record.  Right now I am fighting a parking ticket, however (I am refusing to pay), so I hope that will be settled before I try to cross the border.  hahaha.  :P

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    Since travel is included (assuming both ways), I pick Jimi Hendrix 

Greg, for you,  space and time machine travel will be provided.  

Since that will be very expensive, please feel free to "make contact" with one of Hendrix's contemporaries, and we'll make it a two-fer.   :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]Time travel is allowed?  In that case sign me up.  The year 1971, the place Fillmore East, the band, the Allman Brothers. 

If we could arrange another stop on the way back to the present then I wouldn't mind the Dead at the Giza Pyramids.[/QUOTE]

Live it up.  Why not?   :P  

I figured if Greg/Meff can ask for time travel, then it's fair game.   :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well if we're talking about shows we cannot see in reality...I'd have to revise my answer

Funny, but if we still had the EDIT function (AHEM ...), I would have gone into my OP and edited in that time travel was okay, as I thought that would add a dimension of fun.   I often think of something after I make a thread ... it's a bummer not to be able to edit.  

But when Greg/Meff did it anyhow, why not run with it?   Everything else around here is broken ... and this is just a wish list (so if time travel is broken, we won't suffer the consequences).   

Sure, go for broke.  Live it up.   

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It wasn't exactly time travel,but I've taken some things in the past that made me think I was at a Jimi Hendrix concert,and I would have sworn I was seeing him live.I'm not sure that counts though.
    But I digress,in reality,I'd go see the Red Hot Chili Peppers.If I had a time machine,I'd be in Monterey,Ca. June 16-18 1967 for The Monterey Pop Festival.I'd love to see Jimi set his guitar on fire while he was performng the Troggs "Wild Thing".