Friday ID

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Friday ID

I heard a song by this artist on the radio yesterday and it made me realize / remember how great he is.  He's not obscure, but for all the years he's been creating music, he's not particularly well known, either.  For those that don't like to categorize, he's a good example of an artist who defies categorization.  :)

Ace lyricist.  Clever.  Very radio-friendly AOR.  He only had one "Top 40 Pop Hit" in the early 80's, and that's the one you might / probably know.  He's been around for years, yet all of his songs are fresh and timeless, especially since he's a little "retro" in his own right.   I don't want to give it away, but some might compare him to Buddy Holly.  

ID anyone? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Friday ID

Any chance it's Marshall Crenshaw?

And further . . .  was the song, perhaps, My Favorite Waste of Time?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Friday ID:
    [QUOTE]Any chance it's Marshall Crenshaw?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Right on the money, p-mike.  

Anyone with me?   Any other Marshall Crenshaw fans?  The song that I heard yesterday on live stream was, "Whenever You're on my Mind"  -- sweet.   

Of course, "You're My Favorite Waste of Time" and "Cynical Girl" are other favorites.  

ETA: I'm sure "Waste of Time" must be one of your favorites, p-mike.  :P

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I like "Someday, Someway". Very retro and Buddy Hollyesque.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I never got that excited about him.

But you certainly stumped me with this one, I was ready to guess Christopher Cross, Leo Sayer or some softrock guy like that....but the Buddy Holly comparison didn't fit.

Sections
Shortcuts