Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

With the help of my friend Dave Mustaine, 2012 wishes to say goodbye. And with its departure, let's hope it takes the sick mass murders, Mayan, superstitions, meglomaniac despots, greedy corporate cowards, rarely correct meteorologists and those bodyguards of lies, US politicians with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=711OXriVz5g

My friends, I wish you all a safe, happy and healthy New Year. Let's hope we all survive the cliff which our dearest friends in DC wish to push us off. And we all have a great 2013.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

Amen to that. Happy New Year to you Jess, and all the posters on the Music Forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Where there is music, there is hope.   :)    

I wish all of my friends here on the forum the very best for the new year.   

Keep the faith.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

After narrowly avoiding armegeddon on 12/21:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgWJ6hvNio0

Have safe and happy New Years eve and a prosperous 2013.

Keep on rockin' in the free world

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have become hopelessly cynical  , and I am not too anxious to trash 2012 for being a miserable year, because I see little hope that 2013 will be better....especially when I read that orders for assault weapons in America are soaring to new heights, reality shows are become "reality" as life imitates art ( not that I believe this is art, mind you. Also, when our so-called leaders care more about the people who donate money to their re-election campaigns than they do about unemployed Americans. Sports has become a money grabbing exercise , winning doesn't matter anymore.

...and as far as music goes, the artists and singers get more mundane and uncreative every year.

20 years from now , we may look back and wish for a year like 2012. At least one good thing happened, Joe Walsh released a new album!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

There will be no tears shed by me at 2012's funeral. Personally, it was a very trying year.

My Dad died. My wife had multiple surgeries. My company's new management team has created turmoil. And to top it off, my wife and I were injured in an auto accident just before Christmas.

However, I can see some positives in all of this. My Dad is no longer trapped in a body that could no longer function due to Parkinson's disease. My wife's surgeries removed parts of her body that had gone bad and could potentially lead to cancer. We are both still employed. And we survived the accident. Most important, we are still together.

So in that spirit I offer the board a song by one of my favorite musical artists to welcome in 2013. Happy New Year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqnloxnTWzc

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Happy New Year devildavid! Count your blessings!