Google for Moog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Google for Moog

If you've already used Google today, you'll have seen it's dedicated to Robert Moog's birth date -- inventor of the Moog synthie and a pioneer of electronic music.

The keys on the synthie are playable.   The knobs work, too.  Nice.  

You know how to find it ... https://www.google.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Google for Moog

Just had to tell ya -- there's something called Moogfest   :D    Located in Asheville, North Carolina, where Robert Moog lived in the latter part of his life.  

Yes, that's right.  A festival for Moogies.  People wear costumes.  :)

Last year Brian Eno, Tangerine Dream, the Flaming Lips and Moby (I know, I know) were among the dozens of artists in the lineup.  

Looks like electronic music nerd paradise.   There's no end to this festival business, is there?  

"Few festivals defy their attendees to completely reassess how they listen to music in the way that a weekend at Moogfest does. The gray matter-frying, b00ty-shaking synth jams raged until early morning all across downtown Asheville, but oftentimes the lessons in musical futurology were just as fulfilling."
    Ryan Snyder, YES! Weekly

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: Google for Moog:
    Just had to tell ya -- there's something called Moogfest   :D    Located in Asheville, North Carolina, where Robert Moog lived in the latter part of his life.   Yes, that's right.  A festival for Moogies.  People wear costumes.  :) Last year Brian Eno, Tangerine Dream, the Flaming Lips and Moby (I know, I know) were among the dozens of artists in the lineup.   Looks like electronic geek music paradise.   There's no end to this festival business, is there?   http://moogfest.com/"Few festivals defy their attendees to completely reassess how they  listen to music  in the way that a weekend at Moogfest does. The gray matter-frying, b00ty-shaking synth jams raged until early morning all across downtown Asheville, but oftentimes the lessons in musical futurology were just as fulfilling." Ryan Snyder, YES! Weekly
    Posted by yogafriend

That is pretty cool, love Brian Eno, but, speaking of synthesized music, I came upon a concert by Florence and the Machine last night, and man does she remind me of LM 20 years ago. What a voice on her.

I saw them in CA, and for some reason they just didn't blow me away like this concert did in NYC. Maybe it was the crowd noise , or my ears were ringing from too much of everything( it was late Sunday night). I may have to put aside my dislike for the Comcast Center and see them Live again in September.

I don't know, maybe its the red hair....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Polar,
    RE: FMM.   Did you see them a few days ago in NYC?    Ever since you gave your POV on her voice, I've really tried to keep a more open mind.  She's growing on me.   :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Polar, RE: FMM.   Did you see them a few days ago in NYC?    Ever since you gave your POV on her voice, I've really tried to keep a more open mind.  She's growing on me.   :)
    Posted by yogafriend

No, didn't see them live, watched her on Fuse, last night. They are growing on me as well. Ceremonials is such a good album.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Google for Moog : No, didn't see them live, watched her on Fuse , last night. They are growing on me as well. Ceremonials is such a good album.
    Posted by polar123

Agreed on all points re: FATM...

...and Ceremonials was one of my 2011 faves...def. one of those discs that gets better with every listen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks Yoga! I use the Google toolbar on my browser so I would have missed that.

When I first started listening to Rush, a Deadhead friend of mine called them "computer music". Their albums from their "synthesizer period" remain my favorites (especially Signals) and I never get tired of listening to them.

I found this interview on the Moog website with Geddy Lee. He blames the Moog Taurus pedals for the synthesizer heavy period of his writing. lol

http://moogmusic.com/legacy/geddy-lee-taurus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Thanks Yoga! I use the Google toolbar on my browser so I would have missed that. When I first started listening to Rush, a Deadhead friend of mine called them "computer music". Their albums from their "synthesizer period" remain my favorites (especially Signals ) and I never get tired of listening to them. I found this interview on the Moog website with Geddy Lee. He blames the Moog Taurus pedals for the synthesizer heavy period of his writing. lol http://moogmusic.com/legacy/geddy-lee-taurus
    Posted by digger0862

No problem, Digger.  I'm glad you got to see it.  
    RE: Google -- on a surprise / arbitrary basis, the signature 'Google' lettering is transformed to celebrate a birth date, holiday or event, and some of them have been outstandingly clever.   A few weeks ago they did Keith Haring's birthday and used Haring's figures to spell Google.    

They call them Google doodles; can't remember when they started the practice, but I check it every day, I'm that hooked.  

The Moog synthie is the best one I'd ever seen.  Nice link to the website and very amusing re: Geddy Lee.   Moog has a cult-like following and ownership loyalty factor -- very much like Apple, VW, and other companies.   Fun. 

Go Moogfest.  :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Hey, Gregmeff, how did you find this old post?

That is cool about Moog -- mutual admiration is the best.  :)   

There are drawings almost every day at Google for the Olympics.  Very clever.   Though not as clever as the one they did for Moog.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I used to like the hockey player named Moog.

Sections
Shortcuts