Gov't Mule's Halloween Experience (or is it Muleoween?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Gov't Mule's Halloween Experience (or is it Muleoween?)

I learned a while back, when I started the "Who is this?" series, that I gave too many clues. The good news, for me, however, is that I learned quite a few neat little facts about bands.  

That's why I know that Gov't Mule has had a tradition of 'channeling' and covering a band every year on Halloween over the past several years.  

With Halloween next week, just thought I'd either let you know (or remind you ...) that this year, they will be in Chicago for their Halloween concert.   The "Experience" in the concert title?  Yeah, that's right.   They'll be paying live tribute to one of Haynes' idols, Jimi Hendrix.

You won't be there.  Sorry.  :(

"Haynes felt it was appropriate to pick Hendrix this year to coincide with what would have been the guitar hero's 70th birthday.  In past performances, Gov't Mule have covered Hendrix tunes such as 'Purple Haze', 'Voodoo Chile.' and 'Red House'on Halloween; they will exclusively play cuts they've never attempted before. "We're kind of starting from scratch," he says, citing Electric Ladyland's "1983…(A Merman I Should Turn to Be)" as a particularly difficult new undertaking.

"It's a challenge but it's a lot of fun," Haynes says of channeling Hendrix for the evening.  Just getting all the information in your head and under your fingers... I think it's gonna be great."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/warren-haynes-on-new-govt-mule-album-the-sky-is-the-limit-20121025#ixzz2APgQ6fop

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Gov't Mule's Halloween Experience (or is it Muleoween?)

They should invite Frank Marino , the singer/guitarist from Mahogany Rush , who claimed to be Jimi Hendrix reincarnated.

Which has always struck me as odd. Marino was born in 1954...Hendrix died in 1970.