Great Backing Bands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Great Backing Bands

oh good, we're both half right. i'll take it. haha Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carraway. Show carraway's posts

tower of power-great 70's (and beyond) stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Great Backing Bands:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Backing Bands : Good one! Their horn section bought an arrangement of mine (I have a way with brass).  Never recorded it though
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

There was a local group way back when called the "Heavy Metal Horns".  I caught a couple shows and thought they were fantastic, like a 9-piece jam band or Chicago (circa their first two LPs), but then I never head from them again.

Ring a bell, greg...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Great Backing Bands:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Backing Bands : Ouch! I know them.  Wrote a couple scores for a certain band from Medford/Malden that WERE recorded, but I got f'd over.  Won in court.  Didn't get a dime. Good guys all, and they had nothing to do with my getting scr3wed with my pants on. Take a guess.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

The band name didn't include the words "mighty mighty", did it...??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

greg, how did you get into that business? and how did you not get paid if you won in court?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

Based in Boston, the Heavy Metal Horns mix a four-piece horn section with the typical rock band instruments to create a stew of R&B, funk and rock. The group released two demo cassettes before the Square label released their self-titled debut album. The Heavy Metal Horns moved to Danger www.artistdirect.com/#">Records for their second album Horns in the House; Dakini followed in 1997 and 4:20 in the Land of Plenty was issued in 1999. ~ John Bush, All Music Guide