Gregg Allman news (not that it's all musical)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Gregg Allman news (not that it's all musical)

I didn't have a chance to post this yesterday, but Gregg Allman appeared at the Brookline Booksmith last night to sign copies of his new memoir, "My Cross to Bear"; he's in Boston to perform a concert, so made good use of the time to boost sales.  

Here's the review of his memoir, FYI, from May:

This news blurb appeared locally -- stating Gregg's going to head down the aisle again, for the 7th time.  Never knew he was such a ladies man, did you?  Lucky 7?    GL, Gregg.  

"While in town to play at the Bank of America Pavilion, Gregg Allman figured he’d try to sell some books. So the 64-year-old singer/keyboardist stopped by Brookline Booksmith Monday to sign copies of his entertaining new memoir, “My Cross to Bear.” The book, which he co-wrote with Alan Light , is a candid account of Allman’s life in music. (We’re betting former bandmate Dickey Betts doesn’t like the book.) If Allman has a little extra spring in his step these days, it might be because he’s engaged to be married — for a seventh time! — to 24-year-old girlfriend Shannon Williams."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Gregg Allman news (not that it's all musical)

I read the book too,  I got a kick out of the part where Gregg tries to tell Cher how she should sing!
    That liver transplant was quite the ordeal and he's had many complications.
    I don't blame him for trying to live as much as he can (ie, get married again).
    Make the most of and enjoy the time he has left.

I'm reading Joey Kramer, Hit Hard, at the moment,  only 50 pages in, so far not bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Gregg Allman news (not that it's all musical)

Nice review, Slim.  Interesting.

The NYT review sure makes it sound like Gregg's quite the rock god (a term that's gotten old fast -- not that I ever liked it) to this day.  The forum has always loved him as a musician.   In the pic I saw he had the pen (for the book signing) in his left hand.  Does he play lefty?  Many lefties are ambie, so he may not play lefty, just got me curious.  

He looks like Father Time in the pic, too -- long locks, beard, tons of rings, surfer's cross, and full-on tats on his arms.  His betrothed must like him just the way he is.  :)  

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts