Guilty Pleasure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Guilty Pleasure

I'll admit it.  I kinda dig Lady GaGa.  I find myself singing along to Poker Face when I alone in the car.  I just wish she would grow up and lose the ridiculous cloths.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Guilty Pleasure

I'm subjected to listening to all that stuff when I'm in the car with my daughter.  Most of Lady Gaga's stuff stands out as quality material compared to the other stuff.  There's some talent there.  Poker Face is a catchy song, so is Paparazzi.  Not sure how long she can hold up though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

1970s pop.

When I was a kid, I just had an AM transister radio so all that I heard was Top 40 music. So I still have a soft spot for a lot of that music from a nostalgic point of view.
    Like:
    Olivia Newton John
    Barry Manilow
    ABBA
    One hit wonders like: Terry Jacks' Seasons in the Sun, Paper Lace's The Night Chicago Died; Coven's One Tin Soldier.
    John Denver
    And various other songs/artists that made Top 40. Most of these groups/songs I don't even own but occassionally I'll find an oldies '70s station and will hear them, and there are a few that I'll eventually track down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Guilty Pleasure:
    I'll admit it.  I kinda dig Lady GaGa.  I find myself singing along to Poker Face when I alone in the car.  I just wish she would grow up and lose the ridiculous cloths.
    Posted by Tcal2

Personally, I think she completely ripped Dale Bozzio from Missing Persons off.

As for my guilty pleasure, it is The Monkees. Personally, I do not believe they are a guilty pleasure but so many of my friends feel that because they were created in a studio that they are not real.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Guilty Pleasure:
    In Response to Guilty Pleasure : Personally, I think she completely ripped Dale Bozzio from Missing Persons off. As for my guilty pleasure, it is The Monkees. Personally, I do not believe they are a guilty pleasure but so many of my friends feel that because they were created in a studio that they are not real.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Oh, heck no they're not a guilty pleasure. They did some nice music, and their show was hilarious.

My guilty pleasure, if it applies, would be Barenaked Ladies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Ever look at those Lady Gaga videos Tcal. My thing is the Bee Gees. Owned almost all their CDs. And I know of absolutely no one who doesn't give a big thumbs down to these guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ever look at those Lady Gaga videos Tcal. My thing is the Bee Gees. Owned almost all their CDs. And I know of absolutely no one who doesn't give a big thumbs down to these guys.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

I wouldn't say that about the Bee Gees...they were one of the premier vocal bands of the late 60's.  They took a lot of heat for the disco stuff but some of it was good, for disco.  Then they went back to pop and had some success with songs like Lonely Nights.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Guilty Pleasure : I wouldn't say that about the Bee Gees...they were one of the premier vocal bands of the late 60's.  They took a lot of heat for the disco stuff but some of it was good, for disco.  Then they went back to pop and had some success with songs like Lonely Nights.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I was thinking the same thing.

There disco stuff was OK for what it was, but they had some really good pre-disco stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Guilty Pleasure : I wouldn't say that about the Bee Gees...they were one of the premier vocal bands of the late 60's.  They took a lot of heat for the disco stuff but some of it was good, for disco.  Then they went back to pop and had some success with songs like Lonely Nights.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

That's the thing about the Bee Gees. Some of their non disco songs are some of the best. But their songs where they sing with really high voices . . . . I actually like a few of those.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Posted by NumbaFouwer

I was wondering if those videos had anything to do with it 4.  I guess I'm shallow
    because if she looked like the fat Wilson sister I probably wouldn't listen.
    Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Guilty Pleasure : Personally, I think she completely ripped Dale Bozzio from Missing Persons off.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Mental Hopscotch by the Missing Persons was a great song. I can see the resemblence visually to Dale Bozzio.

But, I thought the Sweet was your "guilty pleasure" on another similar thread?

Reptiles have good memory, or is that I am finally going nuts?

As concerns Lady Gaga , I have no inclination to listen to the music. My impression is that this is an artist that is more concerned with shocking people and getting into the tabloids than making music....th 2010 version of Madonna.