Halloween - Terrified?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Halloween - Terrified?

It's Halloween.   Anyone?

Songs.  Scary movies.   Anything? 

If you were going to disguise yourself as a rocker, who would you be tonight?  

In the case of Zilla, he's already got a cool costume.  :)  Judging from JE's self-description, he doesn't need to dress up, either.   :)  (and I hope JE's okay)

So what's it going to be?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Re: Halloween - Terrified?

Hallowen 1... great movie... I loved even that odd Halloween 3.. Also dig the tune by Ministry  Everyday is Halloween

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Blue Oyster Cult was scheduled to be on the Rockline radio show tonight for a Hallowe'en special and I had planned to be listening, but unfortunately they had to cancel because of Hurricane Sandy...they are in NYC.

I might be watching the movie Donnie Darko with the family tonight...it is perfect Hallowe'en viewing...part of the plot revolves around the world ending on October 31, 1988.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You might be disappointed to know that in real life I am a normal looking human being.

'Everyday is Halloween'- Ministry

'Black Sabbath'- Black Sabbath

'Joan Crawford' - Blue Oyster Cult

'The Seige And Investiture Of Baron Von Frankenstein's Castle At Wisseria- Blue Oyster Cult ( again).

'Go To Hell' - Alice Cooper

'Bark At The Moon'- Ozzie Osbourne

'Terrified' - Rolling Stones

'I'm Scared'- John Lennon

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My all time favorite Halloween song?Donovan's "Season of the witch" of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92HjH1GG3ro&feature=related

And tonight at 10:00 going to see "Rocky Horror Picture Show" at the local theater so I can do the Time Warp again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I saw a horror movie with a friend last week, but it wasn't very scary, and had a very predictable ending.   

I don't have real "street creds" when it comes to horror / scary movies, as I do get creeped out very easily, but some of my favorites are:

Carrie
    Misery
    The Shining

I've heard that "The Ring" is a true horror classic; one of my friends saw it when it came out and said it scared the crap out of her.

Also, the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974 version), which was banned for a time for the violent content, is one of the all-time classics, too.  I doubt I'd ever have the nerve to watch it.  :P     Don't know if any of you have ever seen that version; it's supposed to be the archetype for slasher films.   Very enticing, eh?  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Also, "The Vanishing" -- absolutely horrific.  The original, French version, not the American remake.

I can't remember exactly when I saw it,  but it was not when it was first released; frankly, if I had it to do again, I'm not so sure I would see it.   That bad.   It is a truly terrifying film, a twisted psychological thriller about a man who searches for his fiance, who vanished while they made a rest stop on the road.   It's just too intense.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Scary?

I remember vividly the "Scary Sounds" (title?) record put out by Disneyland records and which we played in the background on Halloween night and the couple of times in which we attempted our own haunted house.

This was all sound effects of creaking doors, screams, etc., and one gruesome track was of martians landing on earth and proceeding to eat people with "teeth-on-bone" noises.  Spooky as hell for us little kids.

Anyone else remember this?

(We also had the full story on vinyl of brave little Perri the Squirrel [also featuring her mate, Porro, and the evil marten], so there's that, too...  :P )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I remember sneaking into a movie called "Mark of the Devil" when I was 13 or so.It was a very controversial movie at the time,they wanted to rate it "X" for graphic violence and passed out sick bags when you went into the movie.This was too much for a 13 year old kid to bear,I had to see it.

I went with a friend whose brother was a "big shot" at the movies ,selling tickets at the window,so he got us in despite the fact you were supposed to be 17 to get in.I received my vomit bag and entered the theater prepared to have the living daylights scared out of me.The movie was a MAJOR disappointment and I actually found it more boring than graphically violent.Terrible movie with bad acting,a simplistic script and horrible special effects.Needless to say,I didn't need the sick bag for the violence,but could have used it for the whole movie concept.

Although,going into an "R" rated movie that was on the border of an "X" rating,being controversial and violent as a 13 year old did make me pretty cool for awhile in school.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

2 Scary Halloween videos:

http://siili.buzznet.com/user/video/46250/simpsons-raven/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scary?

I remember vividly the "Scary Sounds" (title?) record put out by Disneyland records and which we played in the background on Halloween night and the couple of times in which we attempted our own haunted house.

This was all sound effects of creaking doors, screams, etc., and one gruesome track was of martians landing on earth and proceeding to eat people with "teeth-on-bone" noises.  Spooky as hell for us little kids.

Anyone else remember this?

(We also had the full story on vinyl of brave little Perri the Squirrel [also featuring her mate, Porro, and the evil marten], so there's that, too...  :P )

[/QUOTE]

I love that album! In fact, I still have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMS_3Vro6Ls

Halloween is one of my favorite days. I used to have haunted houses in my parents basement. I always loved trying to scare the neighborhood kids and the old fashioned witches, ghosts, and goblins kind of scary stuff. Always loved carving Jack O'Lanterns too. For me, it was a day to experience fun fright, not terror.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm really no fan of Halloween. It ranks up there with Xmas as my least favorite days of the year ( at least on Xmas we get a day off from work). Columbus Day was always a favorite , we didn't have school, weather generally pretty good , no guilt or jealousy associated with family, no religious ties, in the old days we didn't have to work either. Now it seems we have a day dedicated to greedy, moneygrabbers and chiseling shoppers...known as 'Black Friday'...which is no holiday for me, please...bring back Columbus Day as a REAL holiday where we get a day off!

Back to the "scary" subject:

Why is it so many horror/slasher films have young adults ot teens as the stars?....not much fun watching old people who can't run fast or hide in small places, I guess.

Why are these young people always so stupid?....I mean you know there is a psychotic axe murderer on the loose, the house is dark ( power is out?...or just too stupid to turn the lights on?)...you hear a noise....do you run?....of course not you open the door. And , sure enough , there's Jason or Freddie with a meat cleaver or a machete....ME???...I'm bookin' it outta that house, outta that neighborhood, outta that town...maybe even outta that state.

'Night of The Living Dead'...now here's a good one. The zombies move so bloody slow, you could call your bank, wait on hold for 15 minutes, discuss your balance with a representative, listen to mortage loan and home equity loan offers....and the zombies would still be only halfway up the driveway!...I kept wondering , what are these people afraid of?...a crippled 95 year old could out run these pathetic monsters!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Your welcome.

I like Labor Day, Memorial Day and Veterans Day too.

And yes, I really do think about the soldiers who lost lives and limbs. These days do have a true purpose , unlike Xmas which was hi-jacked by the corporate world too many years ago.

I hate Black Friday, and not just becuase I have to work. This day brings out the absolute worst in people. They will maim and kill if that's what it takes to get some stupid gadget really cheap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I broke out some old black and white horror films this past weekend for me and the kid's. Lights off and a bucket of popcorn and we watched The Wolfman, The Invisable Man, Dracula and Frankenstein (each is about 1hr).
    At first the kid's thought it was funny, but then they got into it.  The next day we watched "Psycho" and that totally freaked them out! Watching the blood go down the drain during the shower scene (btw it was chocolate syrup!) it was fun - for me!

Years ago I watched the Friday the 13th movies in the dark with my cousins - 20+ years later they still remember how scared they were!