Happy Birthday, John Lennon (October 9, 1940)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Happy Birthday, John Lennon (October 9, 1940)

Send out a song or a quote to celebrate John Lennon's birthday.  

In the 33 years since his death, his memory is as alive as ever; he is still beloved by fans of all ages ... and nothing's gonna change that.     Peace.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Happy Birthday, John Lennon (October 9, 1940)

One of my favorite quotes from him is " Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.".

And a John Lennon video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvlBS4PMF0

"Another day closer to the parade"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Snowed all day on Dec 7. 1980 he passed away.

"You can never be as popular or as influential as the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or the Rolling Stones; all you can do is rip them off.-- Jack White

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If you don't like many vegetables.

Do what John said to do.

Give peas a chance.

That's really all he was saying.

And he didn't bury Paul. It was 'cranberry sauce.'

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." To this day, it actually makes me tear up a little when I think of that line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

One of my favorite quotes from him is " Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.".

And a John Lennon video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvlBS4PMF0

"Another day closer to the parade"

Nice video and song.    John and Yoko look so young.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Snowed all day on Dec 7. 1980 he passed away.

"You can never be as popular or as influential as the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or the Rolling Stones; all you can do is rip them off.-- Jack White

Interesting quote.   (we just had a thread about artists ripping each other off, too)  Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." To this day, it actually makes me tear up a little when I think of that line.

That quote is sterling.  You always have such sensitive responses to any threads that relate to the Beatles as a band, or as individuals.    

Other than JE, you and Hfx seem to be the most ardent Beatles fans among the people that frequent this forum.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

My daughter had an assignment in history class to do a presentation about a significant event of the last century.  She chose the murder of John Lennon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

That quote is sterling.  You always have such sensitive responses to any threads that relate to the Beatles as a band, or as individuals.    

Other than JE, you and Hfx seem to be the most ardent Beatles fans among the people that frequent this forum.    

Thank you! As you know, it's from "Beautiful Boy," which I used to sing to my two sons when they were little. (Somehow, their ears survived!). I was really young when the Beatles were around, but my older brother showed me the way.

Sections
Shortcuts