Happy Fourth of July

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Happy Fourth of July

We usually have a thread for the big holidays -- so feel free to send out a song or two for celebrating one of the best holidays of the year.   

Celebrate big or small (or not at all); that's the beauty of our independence.   

My Independence Day is starting with a yoga session, bright and early.  :)   

I'll take the easy way out and send out:  

Born in the USA - Springsteen   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth my American amigos.  Laughing   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) - Springsteen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well OK:

Independence Day - Springsteen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Saturday in the park (I think it was the 4th of July) - Chicago

Living in the USA (Somebody give me a cheeseburger) - Steve Miller

And these 2 classics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Independence Day - Martina McBride      Happy 4th everybody. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Neil Young - "On The Beach"

Guess Who - "American Woman"

Grateful Dead - "U.S. Blues"

The Clash - "I'm So Bored with the U.S.A."

Wilco - "Ashes of American Flags"

Rage Against The Machine - "Freedom"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What a surprise , yoga's day started with a yoga session.

My song ( since it is as hot as hell in these parts...with high humidity, absolutley disgusting):

92 Degrees- Siouxsie and the Banshees.

'THE APPROACHING DISEASE , 92 DEGREES. THE BLOOD IN OUR VEINS AND THE BRAINS IN OUR HEAD, THE APPROACHING UNEASE , 92 DEGREES.

NOT 91 OR 93 BUT 92 FARENHEIT DEGREES.'

The song about how people get irritable and mean at 92 degrees. The crime rate soars and more murders happen.

And you thought winter was bad....didn't you?

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

What a surprise , yoga's day started with a yoga session.

My song ( since it is as hot as hell in these parts...with high humidity, absolutley disgusting):

92 Degrees- Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Laughing

Actually, my days usually end with a yoga session.   Yesterday was a very special occasion.   
    And yes, it was a total steam bath.    A great way to start the day.     

Another song to help with the heat:

Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean - Explosions in the Sky

(and interesting song choice, Zilla.   I tend to agree that the heat does make people irritable, when in fact, it should mellow them out.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I get irritable when it gets hot. I tried to do a fairly simple project yesterday and was completely soaked with sweat in a short period of time. Not to mention that mosquitos are out in the early afternoon.....I repeat FREAKIN' MOSQUITOS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!!!

Heatstroke is one thing, I think I can recover from a bout of that, but that EEE stuff can kill you....I'm not ready to die just yet.

Luckily I am back at work in the air conditioning today. Worked in places without air conditioning for 24 years, not sure how I survived.

It is a proven fact that the crime rate increases in urban areas when the temperature reaches 92 cegrees. I work in a city, live in a rural community only 15 minutes away, the drop in temperature as I drive home is remarkable....thank goodness for grass and trees , natures air conditioners.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Some people know how to dress for hot July weather, old Hollywood style.  Wave the flag to keep cool.   Happy Independence Day, and all that.     (note: if I didn't know better, it looks like she's carrying a yoga mat)  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I know how to dress for July weather also....but nudity is frowned on in public.

The girl in the picture is dressed about right for October.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

A bout of vertigo knocked me out of commission just before the 4th so here is my belated song selection.

Van Morrison - Almost Independence Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av5gjCVqVGE

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Took my son to the Red Sox game for the 4th....92 degrees + in the sun, in the bleachers...new Mom with her NEWBORN! YES! - N-E-W-B-O-R-N!!!! Some people actually chastised her for bringing a baby on such a hot day and to, of all places, a ball game!

The baby couldn't have been more than 4 weeks old, and willing to bet the umbilicle stem was still attached!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

We usually have a thread for the big holidays -- so feel free to send out a song or two for celebrating one of the best holidays of the year.   

Celebrate big or small (or not at all); that's the beauty of our independence.   

My Independence Day is starting with a yoga session, bright and early.  :)   

I'll take the easy way out and send out:  

Born in the USA - Springsteen   

Born in the USA is not a pro USA song at all.  Its a pi55ed off lament

What's wrong with a protest song?    Isn't that part of the American way?   :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

Took my son to the Red Sox game for the 4th....92 degrees + in the sun, in the bleachers...new Mom with her NEWBORN! YES! - N-E-W-B-O-R-N!!!! Some people actually chastised her for bringing a baby on such a hot day and to, of all places, a ball game!

The baby couldn't have been more than 4 weeks old, and willing to bet the umbilicle stem was still attached!

Common sense seems to have left the psyche of far too many people.   Endangering a baby like that ...  crazy.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

4th of July by X is a great tune... Since I am no fan of the heat or fireworks this is the least favorite of my holidays

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I know how to dress for July weather also....but nudity is frowned on in public.

The photo is of the old Hollywood actresss Gloria Grahame.   She starred in Fritz Lang's, "The Big Heat"  (see how that fits with summer weather  -- get it?!).    Great flick if you've never seen it.    If she's dressed for October weather, then I hope you mean October in a locale where the temp is a lot warmer than it is in MA.     For now, she's got it about right, anyhow.  :) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from datingdk. Show datingdk's posts

Independence Day

Ejendomsmægler

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The photo is of the old Hollywood actresss Gloria Grahame.   She starred in Fritz Lang's, " The Big Heat"  (see how that fits with summer weather  -- get it?!).    Great flick if you've never seen it.    If she's dressed for October weather, then I hope you mean October in a locale where the temp is a lot warmer than it is in MA.     For now, she's got it about right, anyhow.  :) 

I suppose that outfit was considered risque back in 1953 ( 5 years before me), Gloria appears to have been a very pretty lady ( I never heard of her)...of course, back in those days we probably had snow on the ground in October....with global warming and all, she is a bit over-dressed for July 2013. I wonder if they had her drugged on LSD or something. Her expression is rather blank and she seems to be a likely candidate for another movie of that era.....Night Of The Living Dead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Some people know how to dress for hot July weather, old Hollywood style.  Wave the flag to keep cool.   Happy Independence Day, and all that.     (note: if I didn't know better, it looks like she's carrying a yoga mat)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJ0JqGY7JA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Thanks mojo, for reminding me that I was born in a very creepy decade!...thankfully I was only there for two years, and I have no recollection of being there.

Sections
Shortcuts