Happy Holidays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Happy Holidays

For those friends who celebrate this upcoming Xmas - I want to extend to you all my best wishes for a safe and Happy Xmas.

It is a great bunch we have here and I enjoy our coversation very much.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

To all the posters here on Boston.com.,have a great and safe holiday season 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoSyCtD0WO4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Turn Up the Volume.   That's the universal language for any holiday.  And ditto re: the great group of people here.    Best musical wishes from me to you.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Merry Freakin' Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone who posts here.  Hope there are some musical goodies under your tree.  I know there are some under mine. :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Still waiting for a Kwanzaa song.

I am so happy it's almost Xmas, BECAUSE:

If I hear 'Santa Claus is Comin to Town' one more time, I am going over the edge (not the Fiscal Cliff, the edge of sanity...which a few think I have already gone over). I would rather listen to Cheap Trick's Greatest Hits than hear one more version of Santa Claus is Comin' To Town!

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY OR HOLIDAYS  OR FOR FELLOW ATHEISTS, AGNOSTICS OR PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T PRACTICE RELIGION ( "YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER!"), ENJOY THE DAY OFF FROM WORK!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am so happy it's almost Xmas, BECAUSE:

If I hear 'Santa Claus is Comin to Town' one more time, I am going over the edge (not the Fiscal Cliff, the edge of sanity...which a few think I have already gone over). I would rather listen to Cheap Trick's Greatest Hits than hear one more version of Santa Claus is Comin' To Town!

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY OR HOLIDAYS  OR FOR FELLOW ATHEISTS, AGNOSTICS OR PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T PRACTICE RELIGION ( "YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER!"), ENJOY THE DAY OFF FROM WORK!

[/QUOTE]

Here's a Kwanzaa song for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u5zJzf5PWA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's a Kwanzaa song out there somewhere.  I know this because I distinctly remember there being one in one of my daughter's elementary school holiday concerts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Thanks mojo!

Great Kwanzaa song, makes me want to celebrate Kwanzaa, even though I know what it's all about.

Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Boxing Day also, don't forget the Canadian bacon and wear your Bernie Parent jersey, if you have one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

My wife and I were in an auto accident the Saturday before Christmas. I have a broken sternum and she has a broken toe. It was a very painful Christmas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

My wife and I were in an auto accident the Saturday before Christmas. I have a broken sternum and she has a broken toe. It was a very painful Christmas. 

Man, I am sorry to hear that, but glad you are both okay.    Gosh, that accident must have had some impact to hurt both of you like that.   Bummer, and not just in regard to Christmas.  :(

Needless to say, hope you both recover and feel better soon.  In the meantime, maybe some of your favorite bluesy music in the background will help the healing process.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My sincere condolences.

As it happens, I've been sick with the flu all week...needless to say, it's the worst time of year to be laid up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] My sincere condolences.

As it happens, I've been sick with the flu all week...needless to say, it's the worst time of year to be laid up. [/QUOTE]

Not fun.  

There's never a good time for the flu. I once had the flu in the summer, and that was no walk in the park, either.  

Hope you're not too sick to listen to music.   When that happens, you know you're down for the count.  

Was reading we're heading into an intense flu strain this season; I hope most of us stand clear of it.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope you're not too sick to listen to music.   When that happens, you know you're down for the count.  

[/QUOTE]

Not quite, but my head gets awfully congested, which makes it hard to hear at times. (good thing I learned to lip read)

Even so, I've been rocking out to the live "Wilco - Kicking Television" CD Santa brought me.  ;))

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good Lord.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

DevilDavid..Sorry to hear about your accident.I wish a full and speedy recovery to both of you. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Thanks for the kind words all.

The worst thing for me is that I am unable to use my upper body and arms for anything too strenuous. Luckily we were able to get a snow plowing service on short notice since I can't shovel or use the snow blower. We got quite a bit of snow dumped on us from last nights storm. It's very frustrating being so limited physically.

Maybe I'll take Yoga's advice and put some blues music on in the background. As John Lee Hooker sang, "blues is the healer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYbGGM8cjAA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am sorry to hear DD. Wish you both a speedy recovery.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts