Hit hin again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Hit him again!

If you've never seen "Roman Holiday" then you don't know what you're missing, so get with the program.  :) 
    I've watched it so many times I haven't kept track of the number.  Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.  What more can be said?
    I caught it again recently, and was howling (again) watching the scene where Audrey Hepburn (a princess in the film) is out having the time of her life, far from her royal life, when the "bad guys" (security agents), spot her and try to capture her.    In this scene,  where a brawl ensues, she takes a guitar from the band, and smashes the bad guy over the head.  It's a great moment.   It's worth watching the film for this scene alone; Audrey rocks it like no one else could.    It's no wonder that young, up and coming designers and stylists still idolize her to this day, and she is still the personification of graceful elegance, with no equal --- even smashing a guitar over someone's head. 

"Darling, he's still dangerous."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Hit HIM again!

That's HIM -- in the headline.   Getting sloppy.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: Hit hin again!

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting that you should mention Hepburn. My 11 year old niece idolizes her. Really. She has all her films, with My Fair Lady and Roman Holiday being her favorites.    She goes around trying to imitate her in those films. Actually kind of funny. But, with all of the assorted superstars loitering around in the universe these days, I think it is great that she picked this one to emulate. And you are right, I am man enough to say that Hepburn was by far the most beautiful star from that, and maybe any era in Hollywood.  As far as actors go, Peck was one of the best. Just Watched To Kill a Mockingbird the other night again, and I'm not sure their was(is) another actor alive that could have played Atticus Finch any better.

If you've never seen "Roman Holiday" then you don't know what you're missing, so get with the program.  :) 
    I've watched it so many times I haven't kept track of the number.  Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.  What more can be said?
    I caught it again recently, and was howling (again) watching the scene where Audrey Hepburn (a princess in the film) is out having the time of her life, far from her royal life, when the "bad guys"., security agents, see her and try to capture her.    In this scene,  where a brawl ensures, she takes a guitar from the band, and smashes the bad guy over the head.  It's a great moment.   It's worth watching the film for this scene alone; Audrey rocks it like no one else could.    It's no wonder that young, up and coming designers and stylists still idolize her to this day, and she is still the personification of graceful elegance, with no equal --- even smashing a guitar over someone's head. 

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Cannot argue this point.

Took myself a small vacation, kind of on investigation. Checking out a new sensation, finding much invigoration. Hand is on the buzzer and i'm walking through the door.

Get high - high - high  on a new thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cannot argue this point.

[/QUOTE]

Had a feeling you'd be in agreement. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting that you should mention Hepburn. My 11 year old niece idolizes her. Really. She has all her films, with My Fair Lady and Roman Holiday being her favorites.    She goes around trying to imitate her in those films. Actually kind of funny. But, with all of the assorted superstars loitering around in the universe these days, I think it is great that she picked this one to emulate. And you are right, I am man enough to say that Hepburn was by far the most beautiful star from that, and maybe any era in Hollywood.  As far as actors go, Peck was one of the best. Just Watched To Kill a Mockingbird the other night again, and I'm not sure their was(is) another actor alive that could have played Atticus Finch any better.

[/QUOTE]

I love that scene when she uses the guitar to bash that guy!  Wonder if Peter Townshend has ever seen it.

The cross-generational, and ongoing love that Audrey Hepburn continues to garner never ceases to amaze me, even though it's not as though I don't understand it.   It's very impressive that an 11-year, in today's society, is so taken with Hepburn, so here's to a little lady with great insight, fine taste, and a certain sense of sophistication, too.  

If you want to be the favorite uncle (if you're not already ...) here are some books to consider for gifts at some point in time.  You'd have to take a look at them to check the reading age and such, but there are loads of books out there on Hepburn, and this is not a comprehensive list.  A nice memory I have of an old boyfriend is his gift to me of an Audrey book and video of one of her movies, after he learned of my admiration for her.   One of the nicest gifts I ever got from a guy. 

Here's a list that I know of from a blog:

What Would Audrey Do?  (does not do justice to Audrey)

An Elegant Spirit

Audrey in Rome

Audrey Hepburn in Hats

Just Being Audrey

Breakfast at Tiffany’s 50th Anniversary

Audrey, The 60s

Audrey 100

The Audrey Hepburn Treasures

Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. 

Audrey Hepburn, International Cover Girl

How to Be Lovely

Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Holly Would Dream (fictional book where the plot revolves around Audrey Hepburn’s wardrobe)

Sections
Shortcuts