Hope everyone stays safe during Frankenstorm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Hope everyone stays safe during Frankenstorm

What's your favorite song about storm.rain,wind etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0Oe2K411I&feature=related

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Hope everyone stays safe during Frankenstorm

I was just going to come on and send out a message to all of my friends here, too.

Am now seeing the storm really pick up in my area -- getting a knot in my stomach, actually.  :(

I'll probably do some yoga later since I won't be going out to my fitness club ... maybe my kitties will do some cat-yoga with me.  :)

"I was born in a cross-fire hurricane ..."  -- you all know the rest.

Take care, everyone.  

PS @Greg: I'd expect nothing less than 8 seconds of 'good timing' from you.   Phew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Greg,glad to hear you didn't get hit by that branch and that it didn't cause major damage.Hopefully,that's the only one that'll come down near you.

Up here in Vermont,we got some rain and the wind is starting to pick up a little now,but nothing threatening yet.During Irene, my area got flooded and we lost power for about 2 weeks.Irene caused a good amount of destruction here and I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this time.

Stay safe everyone and keep riding the storm out.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I started my day at 6 AM and am most likely doing a 36 hour shift. But I have my Army cot - so I have all the creature comforts one needs in his office.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

They said it best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeGCSvueM8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Yogafriend I found this video of you and your cat - DOING YOGA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI8KYhEzbwc

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Best wishes to everyone in the path.  Keep us posted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

no joke out there yesterday... I was fortuante to not suffer any damage to home etc.. But so many not quite as fortunate. My daughter goes to college in NYC. She has been without power since last night.. Havent heard form her since 8 last night but school sends parents update emails and keeps web site updated as to what is going on.. They say no student has been harmed/injured.. Big thanks to school.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Greg,glad to hear you didn't get hit by that branch and that it didn't cause major damage.Hopefully,that's the only one that'll come down near you.

Up here in Vermont,we got some rain and the wind is starting to pick up a little now,but nothing threatening yet.During Irene, my area got flooded and we lost power for about 2 weeks.Irene caused a good amount of destruction here and I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this time.

Stay safe everyone and keep riding the storm out.  

Yoga Kitty's antics look all to familiar with what I put up with ...  hahahah.   Thanks for the enlightened pic.  :D

Hope your neck of the woods in VT wasn't hit this time; I do recall that Irene caused a great deal of damage, but hope you're free of that worry today.  

I was very fortunate, but have felt heart-sick seeing pics of the damage in the surrounding area.  Saw some pics on the news of the city where I grew up in metro-Boston, and my jaw dropped seeing the number of trees that were uprooted, some of which landed on houses.    Today, you'd never know.   Sun is trying to make an appearance, it's warm, and very calm. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

Roger, 

I was howling when I saw this ... did NOT expect that.   hahahah.  Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.  While I was on that page, I saw another kitty yoga video, and it was so cute I was entranced by it; a very clever video with narration of a yoga routine with a kitten following into the poses.  Could not have been cuter.   I have to stay away from that part of youtube; too addictive.  :D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

Roger, 

I was howling when I saw this ... did NOT expect that.   hahahah.  Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.  While I was on that page, I saw another kitty yoga video, and it was so cute I was entranced by it; a very clever video with narration of a yoga routine with a kitten following into the poses.  Could not have been cuter.   I have to stay away from that part of youtube; too addictive.  :D

[/QUOTE]

Glad you saw the (attempt at) humor! ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Good to hear the reports of minimal damage from everyone.

Here.we just had rain and some wind,but it's a beautiful sunny day now.It looks like most of the destruction from Sandy was mainly in the coastal areas.

I hope those we haven't heard from yet got through okay.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Out here in the backwoods of Western MA we were spared from a major hit. There were some some stong wind gusts but not a lot of rain. We also took a hit last year from Irene and were very glad to be spared any heavy rains. I feel sorry for people in NJ and NYC. They took a direct hit and now have their work cut out for them. Hope Jess is doing ok. Not sure if Zilla's area got hit very bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Okay here, just a few massive gusts and lots of branches to pick up. Power was out for a few hours Monday. We are nearer Cape Cod and not on the waterfront. Irene was worse than this for us, but only slightly....we were damned lucky both times.

I'm worried about our friends in the NYC area and further west.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I was very distressed to see the footage of the damage in NYC and the NJ coastline.   I've suffered from water damage a couple of times, and it was harrowing; knowing my experience is considerably dwarfed in comparison to the extent of the damage that has been wrought with this hurricane, I can scarcely imagine the trauma.  

The pics of the NYC subway system alone were jaw-dropping.  Yeah, I certainly hope JE will surface when he has a chance with an update on his whereabouts.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Gotta check out Google Earth and see if they updated the satelite images....current images are from 2008...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's been a few days since we heard from Jessey and I haven't seen him posting on the Sox board either.I hope he's just been busy because of the storm and is OK.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's been a few days since we heard from Jessey and I haven't seen him posting on the Sox board either.I hope he's just been busy because of the storm and is OK.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a little worried about my good friend, jesseyeric. I am hoping everything is okay and maybe he just lost power. But I've seen some things on CNN from New York and New Jersey, as I am sure the rest of you have, that have me very worried.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey gang - just back from closing out a hell of a week at work. Exhausted but thankful on a personal level. Home and family okay. I guess I get to admit now that I am a public servant and have been part of the incident response. Thanks for your thoughts - NYC will bounce back although I am not sure if the Rockaways will ever be the same and Staten Island has a long way to go. And one of my old neighborhoods in the Bronx called City island was destroyed. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79S5k1pgWZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C2K889u_90

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

jessey:

I am glad you had a chance to let us know that everything is okay.

Keep up the good work, I've never seen your work, nor do I know exactly what or do....but I have no doubts you do it well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jessey,glad to hear you're doing alright.Thank you for your part in helping those of need in your area at this time. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Good to hear from you Jess. Good luck to you in the hard work you and your fellow New Yorkers face on the road ahead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

good deal ...glad you are okay mate