Hottest Rock Chick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hottest Rock Chick

Who was the hottest of all Rock and Roll Chicks?

Ladies - no disrespect intended, but this is RnR afterall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Hottest Rock Chick

Sorry - I had to. Forgive me Yoshimi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Good one jessey.  I voted for Pat Benatar.  Great voice and what a rack (though not 'chesty')...am I allowed to say that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Now, just to make it clear, Jessey ... do you mean best, or "hottest?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick:
    Sorry - I had to. Forgive me Yoshimi.
    Posted by jesseyeric

No worries! You're a dude who likes chicks.  Figure if you boys have to put up with me talking about Tim Wakefield's butt, I can put up with a rack comment or two. 

If I were to vote, it would be Chick I wish I looked Most like.....

I'll think on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This is an interesting topic with The Runaways about to assault your local movie theater.  It's kind of an ambiguous question. I mean, Chrissie Hynde rocked hot, but she didn't particularly package herself hot, the way Pat Benatar did. Joan Jett was tough, and that's appealing to some people, but I never thought of her as hot, the way Lita Ford was. Vocally, I'd have to say Aimee Mann (Til Tuesday) or Martha Davis (The Motels) were sexier than any of the ones I mentioned earlier. But who was the total package?

Nancy Wilson?

I have no idea.

Everybody wins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

This is an interesting topic with The Runaways about to assault your local movie theater.  It's kind of an ambiguous question. I mean, Chrissie Hynde rocked hot, but she didn't particularly package herself hot, the way Pat Benatar did. Joan Jett was tough, and that's appealing to some people, but I never thought of her as hot, the way Lita Ford was. Vocally, I'd have to say Aimee Mann (Til Tuesday) or Martha Davis (The Motels) were sexier than any of the ones I mentioned earlier. But who was the total package? Nacny Wilson? I have no idea. Everybody winns.
    Posted by p-mike

Nancy Wilson is one of the Heart sisters and she was and still isgorgeous.

You know who was also a hottie - the lead singer from Berlin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : Nancy Wilson is one of the original Supremes and she was gorgeous. you know who was also a hottie - the lead singer from Berlin.
    Posted by jesseyeric

There are two Nancy Wilsons.

The one you are  talking about and the lesser known of the two sisters from Heart.

I always liked Martha Davis from the Motels, but Grace Slick is my #1 and Pat Benatar #2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Nancy Wilson was hot . . .

but I was talking about Nancy Wilson.Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Now, just to make it clear, Jessey ... do you mean best, or "hottest?"
    Posted by LloydDobler

HOTTEST

I only put Slick on the list, just in case there is some weird hippie trolling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : There are two Nancy Wilsons. The one you are  talking about and the lesser known of the two sisters from Heart. I always liked Martha Davis from the Motels, but Grace Slick is my #1 and Pat Benatar #2.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I just knew you were a Slick freak- that is why I put her on the list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : HOTTEST I only put Slick on the list, just in case there is some weird hippie trolling.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Well, in that case, definitely Benatar.
    But Chrissy is the Queen of Rock and Roll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You know who I didn't list. She may not have been the prettiest, but no one could move like her:

Tina Turner. She is the Queen of RnR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If you want to expand the list to include all hot chicks who ever recorded anything, regardless of level of success, I have to put a word in for in for Canada's self-proclaimed 'metal queen', Lee Aaron.

http://www.azheavymetal.com/mujeres/images/lee_aaron/hotwacks.jpg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : I just knew you were a Slick freak- that is why I put her on the list.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I guess if being a big fan of Grace makes me a freak...then O.K.

She was a very beautiful girl , but the drugs and liquor took a toll. Check out early pics from when she was the lead singer of The Great Society , a pretty good local S.F. band during the old Haight/Ashbury hippie culture days...I also loved her voice and the songs from the Jefferson Airplane and also the Jefferson Starship. Unlike most of the women in rock , Grace wrote, sang, played an instrument and was attractive...she was also the first prominent women in the male dominated 60's rock scene, soon followed by Janis Joplin.

How could she not be the best?

"one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small and the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all..." 

'When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go..."
    great lyrics! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If you want to expand the list to include all hot chicks who ever recorded anything, regardless of level of success, I have to put a word in for in for Canada's self-proclaimed 'metal queen', Lee Aaron. http://www.azheavymetal.com/mujeres/images/lee_aaron/hotwacks.jpg
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I remember Lee- hot!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick :But Chrissy is the Queen of Rock and Roll.
    Posted by LloydDobler

C'mon Lloyd.

Maybe a princess, but not the queen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : I guess if being a big fan of Grace makes me a freak...then O.K. She was a very beautiful girl , but the drugs and liquor took a toll. Check out early pics from when she was the lead singer of The Great Society , a pretty good local S.F. band during the old Haight/Ashbury hippie culture days...I also loved her voice and the songs from the Jefferson Airplane and also the Jefferson Starship. Unlike most of the women in rock , Grace wrote, sang, played an instrument and was attractive...she was also the first prominenet women in the male dominated 60's rock scene, soon followed by Janis Joplin. How could she not be the best? "one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small and the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all..."  'When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go..." great lyrics! 
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Cannot argue with you on Grace's talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have to agree with Zilla, Grace Slick had knockout looks when she was a young woman.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have to agree with Zilla, Grace Slick had knockout looks when she was a young woman.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

So just like with Mr. Rogers , we learn lessons from Rock 'n'Roll.

Look at Keith Richards 1965 and then look at Keith Richards post 1980.

Look at early pictures of Grace Slick and look at the later pictures.

Imagine what Jim Morrison would look like today (if alive, not if you opened the casket!)

Put that bottle down , quit smoking and say no to drugs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : So just like with Mr. Rogers , we learn lessons from Rock 'n'Roll. Look at Keith Richards 1965 and then look at Keith Richards post 1980. Look at early pictures of Grace Slick and look at the later pictures. Imagine what Jim Morrison would look like today (if alive, not if you opened the casket!) Put that bottle down , quit smoking and say no to drugs.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Ted Nugent -- a teetotaler by most accounts -- was wont to say of people like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison, contemporaries of his who flamed out on excess, "Look at their lives and look at mine. They're all dead, and I'm still Ted."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Hey, what about these forgotten cuties!

Stevie Nicks (surprised not to see her name on the list)
    Susanna Hoffs- lead singer The Bangles
    Michelle Phillips-Mamas and the Papas (or China)
    Patty Smyth- Scandal

I feel the list could be purged, the ladies above could easily replace some of the names mentioned.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey, what about these forgotten cuties! Stevie Nicks (surprised not to see her name on the list) Susanna Hoffs- lead singer The Bangles Michelle Phillips-Mamas and the Papas (or China) Patty Smyth- Scandal I feel the list could be purged, the ladies above could easily replace some of the names mentioned.    
    Posted by newman09

If we are going to mention the Bangles, we might as well mention the Go-Go's too. Belinda Carlisle was kind of cute, and I like her solo stuff better than the Go-Go's stuff.

Stevie Nicks!!!, how could we have forgotten this one? Thanks for being more observant than we were...I feel embarrassed at this oversight!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I think we would also be remiss if we didn't include Debbie Harry.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hey, what about these forgotten cuties! Stevie Nicks (surprised not to see her name on the list) Susanna Hoffs- lead singer The Bangles Michelle Phillips-Mamas and the Papas (or China) Patty Smyth- Scandal I feel the list could be purged, the ladies above could easily replace some of the names mentioned.    
    Posted by newman09

Major cuties in the Bangles & the Go-Gos, especially Susanna Hoffs.  But I think with these new nominations the question might arise whether the music falls within the parameters of rock or are we moving into pop.