Hottest Rock Chick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re: Hottest Rock Chick

Well, the original list included Missing Persons, Nena and Marianne Faithful. Not exactly Rock chicks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick:
    Well, the original list included Missing Persons, Nena and Marianne Faithful. Not exactly Rock chicks.
    Posted by newman09

Right you are.  I now defer the issue to the OP.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Posted by newman09

Blame jessey, he started the thread, and he's a Yankees fan...we love blaming them for stuff!...bad stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolhandgannon. Show coolhandgannon's posts

Alison Mosshart from The Kills (and now Dead Weather) is incredibly hot. The early shows by The Kills played up a sexual tension between her and Jamie Hince that was palpable. After about 3 songs you'd look around and be surprised that the windows hadn't steamed up.

They rocked, but they also created this slightly dark, unreachable persona as a band that was perfect. No "we're just fans who got lucky" pablum, no "we love you Boston!" Sexy, slightly dangerous, and probably a bit dirty. In other words, rock and roll.

I saw them at Paradise later on and it was a bit meh. To be fair, that's a hard stage to manage with a 2 person band.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by newman09

Well, I would disagree that these ladies weren't rock chicks.  Bozio looked like candy and as long as Nena didn't raise her arms, she was ridiculously gorgeous. And Marianne can lay claim to being one of the original's. If you haven't seen the vid clip of her doing "As Tears Go By", then you are missing something.

What the hell was I thinking? How could I miss Stevie and Debbie?

Rock Chicks Rule!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from strummer03303. Show strummer03303's posts

The title of this thread is a bit deceptive.  With nobody on the list who is under 50, shouldn't this be called hottest reunion tour woman or something like that?  Even if AARP membership is a requirement, I can't figure out why Debbie Harry is not on the list.  And if you expand the list to pre-seniors, well, where do I start?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The title of this thread is a bit deceptive.  With nobody on the list who is under 50, shouldn't this be called hottest reunion tour woman or something like that?  Even if AARP membership is a requirement, I can't figure out why Debbie Harry is not on the list.  And if you expand the list to pre-seniors, well, where do I start?
    Posted by strummer03303

You make a good point. It's apparent that the responses give a pretty clear view of the demographic that dominates this forum. To tell you the truth, I couldn't even offer an informed opinion on anyone younger than Alanis Morrisette. Where are the young people and their opinions?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]The title of this thread is a bit deceptive.  With nobody on the list who is under 50, shouldn't this be called hottest reunion tour woman or something like that?  Even if AARP membership is a requirement, I can't figure out why Debbie Harry is not on the list.  And if you expand the list to pre-seniors, well, where do I start?
    Posted by strummer03303[/QUOTE]

Of course, we are all obsessed with our teenage ( and pre-teen) fantasies...the gang from Law and Order SVU might come knocking on a 51 year old guy's door if he starts talking about 18 year old girl rockers.

I don't want  to have to answer to Ice-T and Richard Belzer, those guys are tough!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Shouldn't we include Linda Rondstadt, too? She had some hot album covers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Shouldn't we include Linda Rondstadt, too? She had some hot album covers.
    Posted by devildavid

Oh, heavens yes!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : Oh, heavens yes!!!
    Posted by LloydDobler

Oh yeah! That picture sure fueled my fantasies!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Hottest Rock Chick : Oh yeah! That picture sure fueled my fantasies!
    Posted by devildavid

Yeah, when I think how many times I ... uh, never mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celts55. Show celts55's posts

WHAT? NO TINA TURNER?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Tina Turner = Hotlegs Forever

Speaking of shaking it in a skirt that's much too short, I thought the artist known as Fergie really made the most of her moment in the spotlight at the R & R HOF concert.  When she stepped up front to do the tradeoffs with Mick on Gimme Shelter, you could feel the whole place go wow...her voice was up to the task and she was a schoolboy's dream with that fabric caressing and just barely covering her hips.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Tina Turner = Hotlegs Forever Speaking of shaking it in a skirt that's much too short, I thought the artist known as Fergie really made the most of her moment in the spotlight at the R & R HOF concert.  When she stepped up front to do the tradeoffs with Mick on Gimme Shelter, you could feel the whole place go wow...her voice was up to the task and she was a schoolboy's dream with that fabric caressing and just barely covering her hips.  
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

And I loved the way she would push back everytime he went in for the kill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I was surprised to see Stevie Nicks not on the list. She ranks No. 3.

Tied for No. 1 is Pat Benatar and Heart's Nancy Wilson.

Benatar was gorgeous (face and body) and you add a powerful voice that is equally great on hard stuff and soft stuff -- sometimes in the same song like "Promises in the Dark" -- and that's true sexiness.

And what can be said about Nancy Wilson and I'm not talking about the glam-period of the 1980s. I'm talking about her look in the 1970s and post 1980s. To see someone who was as cute as her kick butt on the guitar, add a pretty good voice in her own right (I love Ann Wilson's voice, but Nancy still should have been given more songs to sing) then add the personality that comes through when you see her being interviewed -- that's sexiness that today's pop stars who think they have to sing half naked to be sexy don't understand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Stevie Nicks, Mia Zappata from the Gits (RIP), Karen O

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

If I could be any rock chick, it would have to be Annie Lennox.

If I could LOOK like any rock chick, it would have to be Linda Ronstadt. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Given the choices above, I would say Chrissie Hynde...no contest.  Best combination of voice, talent, appeal and the ability to rock.  She didn't end up with ray Davies for nothing....

But I also see a few missing from the list:

Janis Joplin - 'sexy' doesn't do her justice, in spite of her lifestyle and tragic demise; check those early photos of her

Dusty Springfield - voice of an angel and sweet as maple syrup; "Dusty In Memphis" is positively hypnotic crooning of the first order.

Stevie Nicks - insanely sexy voice, and she was just a sweet young thing (17 or 18) when she joined Fleetwood Mac; the perfect image of "hippie chick"

More Hotties: Shirley Manson, Gwen Stefani, Norah Jones, Tina Weymouth, Kim Gordon, Tanya Donnelly, Sheryl Crow, Chistine McVie, Juliana Hatfield, Aimee Mann

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Given the choices above, I would say Chrissie Hynde...no contest.  Best combination of voice, talent, appeal and the ability to rock.  She didn't end up with ray Davies for nothing.... But I also see a few missing from the list: Janis Joplin - 'sexy' doesn't do her justice, in spite of her lifestyle and tragic demise; check those early photos of her Dusty Springfield - voice of an angel and sweet as maple syrup; "Dusty In Memphis" is positively hypnotic crooning of the first order. Stevie Nicks - insanely sexy voice, and she was just a sweet young thing (17 or 18) when she joined Fleetwood Mac; the perfect image of "hippie chick" More Hotties: Shirley Manson, Gwen Stefani, Norah Jones, Tina Weymouth, Kim Gordon, Tanya Donnelly, Sheryl Crow, Chistine McVie, Juliana Hatfield, Aimee Mann
    Posted by Mattyhorn

Maria Muldaur
    Diana Krall (Elvis Costello's Wife, but she's Jazz)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

A little love (lust) for Shakira. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

A little love (lust) for Shakira. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas

How about a lot (In my dreams)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Christina Amphlett - Divinyls

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Michelle Phillips from back in the Mamas and the Papas days. She was insanely cute.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Ok, I went through most of the posts, b/c I didn't want to duplicate ... I have to admit I was glad that lots were added during the thread, but here are a few to add for your consideration:  

Sade
    PJ Harvey
    Annie Lennox
    Olivia Newton John
    Bjork

Beyonce -- does she count as RnR?     she's gorgeous, even if you don't care for her music (I don't, but won't discount the fact she is gorgeous!)