How to Wrap a Cat for Christmas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

How to Wrap a Cat for Christmas

For all my kitty lovin' music forum friends.  :)    

Accompanied by seasonal music, of course.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3dm5J5r0A

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: How to Wrap a Cat for Christmas

Cute video.  I'd like to put up a picture of our two cats here sometime.  They are both female shorthairs, the older one is a black and white tuxedo and the young one is an orange and white tabby.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Nice video Yoga.Here's another you might like:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/kitten-surprise-attack-fail-favorite-video-2012-224253187.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Thanks, that was very cute.   I have witnessed some crazy antics myself -- some with fur flying around the room like you'd see in a cartoon.   I usually give my kitties a little catnip for the holidays, being very careful to limit the amount.   Talk about "high on life" anyhow ... :)

Hfx, it would be fun to see a pic of your pets some time, if you don't think it would violate their privacy rights.   hahahaha.   One of the loves of my life (cat wise) was an orange and white tabby, and I had a friend who called her orange cat the "big orange goodness"; there are many fans of orange tabby cats out here.   

Now, to check my stash of catnip weed, or perhaps get a new package, to be sure it's got some kick.  

Merry Christmas, everyone.  No sad music for me this year -- keep it loud and upbeat, and I hope that's the way you like it. too.   :) 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

My cat would not put up with that.

Ha...hardly any would.  That cat must have been trained with cans of solid white tuna as a reward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We have 7 cats and I know at least two would bite your hand and draw blood if you tried that with them. I am looking at two scars on my right hand from yesterday when I simply tried to get one of them to move so I could get up. Seems she was very content sitting on my chest while I was relaxing on the sofa and didn't want it to end just yet.

The fun never ends.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

We have 7 cats and I know at least two would bite your hand and draw blood if you tried that with them. I am looking at two scars on my right hand from yesterday when I simply tried to get one of them to move so I could get up. Seems she was very content sitting on my chest while I was relaxing on the sofa and didn't want it to end just yet. The fun never ends. 

Okay, assuming that's not a typo, you have seven (7) cats.   OKAY. Let's hear a little story about how this came about.   Would love to know.   

My brother had about 5 at one point.   They broke that pattern when they got a dog.   :)

I had a friend who also had about 7-8 kitties at one time, as she worked in a shelter and adopted many.   She and her husband split up at one point, and b/c she was moving to an apartment, he kept 5, she took 2.    He remarried another friend of mine (cute story, really) and she had two kitties , so they were back up to seven.   :)

Over time, as the kitties departed for kitty heaven, my friends had a couple of human babies, so that more than helped fill the void.  :)    They now have two of each (human and feline).  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Aunt Bethany disagrees with the technique. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90eEVC50smY 

Yeah, good old Aunt Bethany.     This is a different spin on re-gifting.   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

We have 7 cats and I know at least two would bite your hand and draw blood if you tried that with them. I am looking at two scars on my right hand from yesterday when I simply tried to get one of them to move so I could get up. Seems she was very content sitting on my chest while I was relaxing on the sofa and didn't want it to end just yet.  The fun never ends. 

Okay, assuming that's not a typo, you have seven (7) cats.   OKAY. Let's hear a little story about how this came about.   Would love to know.   

My brother had about 5 at one point.   They broke that pattern when they got a dog.   :)

I had a friend who also had about 7-8 kitties at one time, as she worked in a shelter and adopted many.   She and her husband split up at one point, and b/c she was moving to an apartment, he kept 5, she took 2.    He remarried another friend of mine (cute story, really) and she had two kitties , so they were back up to seven.   :)

Over time, as the kitties departed for kitty heaven, my friends had a couple of human babies, so that more than helped fill the void.  :)    They now have two of each (human and feline).  

Actually I miscounted we have 8.

Why? The woman I have lived with for 20 years is crazy.

If you would like details, I could write a book. Our yard has become a "home for misfit kitties." We have at least a half dozen small structures they can use for shelter and dishes of water and dry food are placed at various points around the property. The backyard is spacious and the property extends back with a large wooded area. 3 of our cats , go outside ( when they feel like it) while 5 stay indoors always. The ones that go outside seldom leave the property ( they love it, why would they go anywhere else?) Of the 8 , 3 are strays who wandered to our yard and never left. 2 are from a shelter. The another 3 were unwanted by their owners.  They all get along reasonably well, except L.C. ( pronounced Elsie) , a skinny , petite female ...who will rip skin from your arm if she doesn't get her way ( the reason for the scars on my hand). Cats sleep for most of their day, so although it sounds like alot, you would barely notice them.

It may surprise you that back in the mid-90s we had as many as 17 at one time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Actually I miscounted we have 8.

Why? The woman I have lived with for 20 years is crazy.

If you would like details, I could write a book. Our yard has become a "home for misfit kitties." We have at least a half dozen small structures they can use for shelter and dishes of water and dry food are placed at various points around the property. The backyard is spacious and the property extends back with a large wooded area. 3 of our cats , go outside ( when they feel like it) while 5 stay indoors always. The ones that go outside seldom leave the property ( they love it, why would they go anywhere else?) Of the 8 , 3 are strays who wandered to our yard and never left. 2 are from a shelter. The another 3 were unwanted by their owners.  They all get along reasonably well, except L.C. ( pronounced Elsie) , a skinny , petite female ...who will rip skin from your arm if she doesn't get her way ( the reason for the scars on my hand). Cats sleep for most of their day, so although it sounds like alot, you would barely notice them.

It may surprise you that back in the mid-90s we had as many as 17 at one time. 

I can't say this doesn't surprise me, but for some reason, not as much as you might think it would.   You and your cat lovin' mate there are very kind-hearted people at an extreme level, that's all.  :)   Note: 17 cats, coming and going, is a bit extreme, but once the word was out about the yard accomodations, you must have been turning them away.  :)

As for not noticing 8 cats ... um, well, I'll take your word for it.   I have two and can't leave my place without knowing where they are (note: I once came home to find one inside a closet with the door shut (by that point, he was sitting high up on the shelf, with everything knocked off the shelf, of course); after that, I never leave home without knowing *exactly* where they are when I am about to leave).     You sound like a reasonably calm person, so you all must co-exist quite well.    For all we know, the cats act like a sedative for you.  :P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Heh. When I was growing up, my family had anywhere from 1 to 10 cats, depending on the year. As in, 10 or so when I was born, 1 by the time I was off to college. My parents had picked up cats from friends who let theirs have kittens, and one of their cats also made friends with and essentially adopted some other adult cats. They weren't allowed upstairs, though, until we were down to about 2. Because back when my parents were in an apartment, the cats enjoyed doing various things like climbing to the top of a bookshelf and then vomiting down the side. Because it's just not the same to do it on the floor. They were allowed in the basement, which had a cat-flap exit to the outside. The only one that was potentially violent was an adopted cat who had clearly been abused by its prior owner. I was the only one it allowed to pick it up. When we moved one time, that cat shredded my father's arms as he put it in the carrier.

Nice story.   Hope your father's arm didn't require stitches.  :P

By the way, one of my favorite books to read over the holidays was "The Cat Who Came for Christmas" by Cleveland Amory.   A sweet tale for all ages.  

Man, and I always thought my family had a three-ring circus going on with a bird, cats, a dog that drove my mother crazy  (she (the dog) "went" on the rug when she was pizzed off ...), turtles, and the monkey from South America that never quite made it into the house.    That was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Cats are amazing survivors.  Several years ago I let our cat out on a very cold night.  Actually it was beyond very cold.  It went down to 15 or 20 below zero Fahrenheit that night.  My wife was upset at me for letting the cat out...I pleaded that I must have been dazed or something.

The cat didn't come back the next day or the next night either.  It wasn't till after about 36 hours that she finally returned, looking as good as new.  I don't know how that little coating of fur is enough to keep them from freezing to death but it does.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Cats are amazing survivors.  Several years ago I let our cat out on a very cold night.  Actually it was beyond very cold.  It went down to 15 or 20 below zero Fahrenheit that night.  My wife was upset at me for letting the cat out...I pleaded that I must have been dazed or something.

The cat didn't come back the next day or the next night either.  It wasn't till after about 36 hours that she finally returned, looking as good as new.  I don't know how that little coating of fur is enough to keep them from freezing to death but it does.

It is a very real possibility that your cat found shelter in a neighbor's yard. Possibly a shed or garage with a door left slightly open.Why cats are so amazing and are generally good survivors is beause of three things , I think, mainly. A. They require little more than a small amount of food, water and they adapt, they will make themselves comfortable in places you would not , at first, consider....make a spot in a room that you want the cat to sleep on , and sure as heck, they will pick another spot , we have one that sleeps on any one of the 3 bathroom vanities ( she feels secure near a sink....and likes to drink directly from the faucet). B. They are equipped by nature to hunt...they require no tools or weapons ( they come with sharp teeh and razor sharp claws....I know this the hard way). C. They are as smart as any creature on this planet....smarter than humans.....they learn just about everything they need to survive very early, and they don't waste energy when they are older. They remember where food is, they remember where shelter is. However, they are also eternal optimists...they come in the house when there is a snowstorm , and 10 minutes later , they are back at the door expecting it to be 75 F degrees and sunny outside.....if it isn't, they might try the front door to see if "summer" is out that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Failing at posting pic of my cats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/files/original/400cat-bite-dog.jpg

Sections
Shortcuts