hows this song...i love it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

hows this song...i love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNYvzXQ3m4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: hows this song...i love it.

Nice little song.

But, for me if Jeff Beck wasn't mentioned, I wouldn't have bothered.

But, I think he was mainly window dressing , so that old timer rock fans would listen to an American Idol singer.

Not really my style, but I think it was kind of nice anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Yes, it's very good.    Amazed at Jeff Beck.   (I have rarely seen the Ellen DeGeneres show and didn't even know she had entertainers on her show).   I'm like an alien from another planet when it comes to daytime TV.  

I only watched American Idol once, the first year, when Kelly Clarkson won.   I'd never seen anything like it, and reality shows were still fresh out of the gate.   Clarkson's voice shook the stage, and she was clearly in another league from any other contestant.  Her success is to her credit and a testament to her talent; unlike others in her paygrade, she's remained gimmick free, wears clothes when she performs, and is still refreshingly natural.   I'm not a big fan of her music in general, but she has an amazing talent, and if her audience continues to appreciate her, that's what matters.    Note: I never watched another season of AI after that first one -- and glad I quit while I (and they) were ahead.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I watched a few seasons of American Idol. My wife and I were hooked on it for a short time. We stopped watching mainly because it was on multiple nights and we really didn't want to devote that much time to TV viewing. I have no problem with the show. Actually, many of the AI contestants display vocal talents far beyond some of the "legends" that appear on the show.

Maybe Jeff Beck was on it because he realized the broad exposure he would get. Maybe he wants to sell some CD's. I have no problem with that. He wouldn't be the first performer to use AI for exposure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Jeff Beck wasn't on American Idol.  The youtube video was a fundraiser, "Idol Gives Back".   He was performing with Clarkson a few years ago, apparently, not when she was a contestant.  He was part of the fundraiser, probably to lend his profile, in a low-key way.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Here in lies the genius of Jeff Beck. His playing is so emotional and elegant. He is everything that Clapton wishes he could have been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Jeff Beck wasn't on American Idol.  The youtube video was a fundraiser, "Idol Gives Back".   He was performing with Clarkson a few years ago, apparently, not when she was a contestant.  He was part of the fundraiser, probably to lend his profile, in a low-key way.   

My mistake. But he would get some good publicity from the video, I would think.

Sections
Shortcuts