If your life was made into a movie, what would you want for a theme song?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If your life was made into a movie, what would you want for a theme song?

Try to use one that hasn't been used as a theme song before.

Also, give this some serious thought, it's your life we're talking about here.

I would like to have Joe Satriani's "The Crush of Love" as a theme song.

It would easily be the best part of the movie and no doubt, bored to tears , people would just buy the soundtrack and skip the movie.

But , I want it anyway. Because it's such a cool song and would make me feel as important and heroic as Rocky Balboa with that cool theme song "Gonna Fly Now."

It doesn't bother me a bit that Rocky is a fictional character and I am not. At least I don't think I am fictional.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Re: If your life was made into a movie, what would you want for a theme song?

Off the top of my head:

"Had A Dream (Sleeping With The Enemy)" - Roger Hodgson

or possibly:

"The Road To Hell" - Chris Rea

but more likely:

"Where Is My Mind" - Pixies

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

We had something similiar to this a while back. To choose one is way too difficult because I look at my life now and in the past. So I choose two:

Drouse - Queen

It's the sad eyed goodbye
    Yesterday's moments I remember
    It's the bleak street, weak kneed partings I recall
    It's the mistier mists the hazier days
    The brighter sun and the easier lays
    There's all the more reason for laughing and crying
    When you're younger and life isn't to hard at all

It's the fantastic drowse
    Of the afternoon Sundays
    That bored you to rages of tears
    The unending pleadings
    To waste all your good times
    In thoughts of your middle-aged years
    It's the vertical hold all the things that you're told
    For the everyday hero it all turns to zero
    And there's all the more reason
    For living or dying when you're young
    And your troubles are all very small

Out here on the street we'd gather and meet
    And scuff up the sidewalk
    With endlessly restless feet
    Half on the time we'd broaden our minds
    More in the pool hall
    Than we did in the school hall
    With the down town chewing gum bums
    Watching the night life the lights and the fun

Never wanted to be the boy next door
    Always thought I'd be something more
    But it ain't easy for a downtown boy
    It ain't easy at all
    Thinkin' it right and doin' it wrong
    It's easier from an arm chair
    Waves of alternatives wash over my sleepiness
    Have my eggs poached for breakfast I guess

However, Motley Crue's Wild Side would also be a prominent song.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think you started a 'soundtrack of your life' thread a while back, Jessey.

This one's a little different. A theme song , not necessarily with lyrics about your experiences, but a cool sounding song you'd like for an opening or recurring theme song in the movie.

I chose an instrumental, because I want to be like Steve McGarrett with a cool, fast moving, hard driving song like the Hawaii Five-O song. Not that my life has lots of action in it, but why can't a middle class guy who is not a cop or a secret agent have a real neat theme song?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Battle Without Honor or Humanity...not sure who it's by, but it's on the Kill Bill Soundtrack. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule The World"  for the opening credits, and Crowded House's "Don't Dream it's Over" for the closing credits. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KathyVT. Show KathyVT's posts

Barbara Streisand's "The Way We Were" for the opening credits, and "Your Song" by Elton John for the closing credits. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: If your life was made into a movie, what would you want for a theme song?:
    [QUOTE]I think you started a 'soundtrack of your life' thread a while back, Jessey. This one's a little different. A theme song , not necessarily with lyrics about your experiences, but a cool sounding song you'd like for an opening or recurring theme song in the movie. I chose an instrumental, because I want to be like Steve McGarrett with a cool, fast moving, hard driving song like the Hawaii Five-O song. Not that my life has lots of action in it, but why can't a middle class guy who is not a cop or a secret agent have a real neat theme song?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Got it big guy.

Tarkus - ELP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I've always felt that Tom Petty's You Don't Know How it Feels would be a good theme song for just about anybody's biography.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Sunset Beach" by the Sentinals. It just always sounded to me like a perfect song for a movie theme.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

"Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin because I'm from Europe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

There is also - Life's Been Good To Me So Far - Joe Walsh

But I will stick with the instrumental versions in Tarkus for now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: If your life was made into a movie, what would you want for a theme song?:
    [QUOTE]There is also - Life's Been Good To Me So Far - Joe Walsh But I will stick with the instrumental versions in Tarkus for now.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I can understand the Joe Walsh "Life's Been Good Song" being appropriate for you especially the "It's hard to leave when you can't find the door" line....but does the "my Mazzarati does 185" line fit? Laughing

Good idea to stick with the ELP song.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Not for me, but my Scion tc has hit the max on the speedometer. Does that count?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Not for me, but my Scion tc has hit the max on the speedometer. Does that count?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Good answer.

I've got another Joe Walsh song that might work for me:

'Ordinary Average Guy'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"Five to One"  (The Doors)